SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-08, 10:31 PM   #121
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
Sounds like a fine base to end this BS.
I'm on board.
I am on board for that and will buy the 1st round of drinks for all.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Old 03-24-08, 10:49 PM   #122
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

KPT Lehmann:
This has gone beyond the immature...

I am just as much at fault and quite frankly, tired of posting such negativity when I have been a member of SUBSIM for such a long time and have a wealth of information that I want to share with new members.

Last edited by clayton; 03-25-08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-24-08, 10:52 PM   #123
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee

Besides, everybody knows we should dump the U-boats and have I-boats (Japanese submarines) instead!
They only had the longest range and fastest speeds of any submarine fleet in the world (above and below water). Even their torpedo's were excellent. Why would anyone want to enjoy that

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
Old 03-25-08, 12:03 AM   #124
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74

Finally, quit the friggin B S so people like me (and everyone else) can reap the benefits, of the talented modders that make a game so much more! I PLAY both 3 and 4, the only way I can "pay it forward" (for the new generation) is by buying recordings of old radio programs that are relevant to the time period and offer them (after adding the events file, real friggin work shah, right) to y'all. I look at it and amazed at the work y'all put into these GAMES and have to say THANK YOU for making the whole experience INCREDIBLE. Quit the "he said-she said" nonsense all ready for crimminay sakes.....I have to admit as a first generation American, the PTO game really strikes a chord within me, that sh3 will not. BUT, since my father's birth certificate is from Hamburg, (doesn't speak a lick of German) I am still intrigued. sorry about all the spelling errors, if any...

Last edited by 1480; 03-25-08 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-25-08, 03:15 AM   #125
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Quote:
Sounds like a fine base to end this BS.
I'm on board.
I am on board for that and will buy the 1st round of drinks for all.
Make mine a large tot of Nelsons blood

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-25-08, 04:40 AM   #126
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
That was a bit more then 12 hours, but.

Come on people.
We are all here for a very simple reason.
We all have a thing for Sub Sims!

I care less which Ocean I'm in.
I think one core problem is that everyone has a vested interest in "their sub", and think "its the best". Challenge that belief, or insinuate an opposing opinion, and you ruffle feathers; sub simmers are a passionate bunch, Most of us being history geeks, and have a keen interest in something.

Trouble is, many of us only get informed on our "vested interest" because it helps us get into the game more, making the "emotional investment" all that much higher, and as by product, ignorance of the other only increases.

Having an ignorant view of someones vested interest, only polarizes them even further, and they start digging their heels in and push back a little, which only results in the same. The angst many PTO fans have, has been long time in the making. Add in a rather long wait for a PTO sub sim, and then toss in posts like "I dont want yankee-pig boats!" or "I dont want PTO!!!" that were posted on subsim before SH4 was even released, and ice that with snide comments about having beta'ed the game for the "real" campaign (that ignorant view i was talking about), and you have some really upset fans who wont put up with much messageboard BS.

I think The best way for this BS to stop:

1.) Stop with the my boat is better then your boat BS. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and Nobodies opinion will ever change anyway, so stop arguing it.

2.) Do not belittle the other campaign. PARTICUARLLY if you don't know much about it. On that note, one should at least make an attempt to become reasonably informed. (which admittidlly for the PTO is much harder to do since accounts are spread out all over the place.)

3.) Submarine warfare, by defination, is an immoral act. Any attempt to gain the moral highground on ANY BS topics, are rather moot. Uboats were not the shining knights of the sea, and fleetboats got their hands dirty like everybody else.

4.) Don't sterotype. Everybody's done this at some point, including me. If one reguritates the usual, "the US subs had it easy, AC, ice cream, and no danger, not exciting and not signficant!" BS mantra, one should expect to recieive the usual "Hitler and 3rd reich" mantra in return, and vice versa.

My 2 cents.
Best entry by far in this thread. Deal.

Old 03-25-08, 04:53 AM   #127
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee

Besides, everybody knows we should dump the U-boats and have I-boats (Japanese submarines) instead!
They only had the longest range and fastest speeds of any submarine fleet in the world (above and below water). Even their torpedo's were excellent. Why would anyone want to enjoy that
Well, I suppose if you are into waiting at certain locations for fleets that will never come, or simply cargo duty, then a japanese campaign might be interesting. Else I don't see much for players in a japanese boat. Given the high quality of their boats it's really a blow the japanese never really engaged merchant shipping, exceptions proving the rule. But going for allied warships only especially later in the war is pure suicide and not much fun I reckon. But then again, to each their own.

Last edited by Bewolf; 03-25-08 at 05:53 AM.

Old 03-25-08, 04:55 AM   #128
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Huh?

What's happening? Did something good just happen? Musta been good! Penelope, please pass the popcorn.
Old 03-25-08, 05:15 AM   #129
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
What's happening? Did something good just happen? Musta been good! Penelope, please pass the popcorn.
Well how about that? A U-Boat fan and a Fleet Boat fan sharing popcorn!!!! :hmm:

Woo Hoo!!!

You can have some popcorn if you bring the ice cream!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 03-25-08, 05:34 AM   #130
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Default Popcorn for ice cream?

Deal!!!!
Old 03-25-08, 05:54 AM   #131
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

HEY!!.......Will this popcorn be German or American made :hmm:

:p

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-27-08, 08:19 AM   #132
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Well how about that? A U-Boat fan and a Fleet Boat fan sharing popcorn!!!! :hmm:

Woo Hoo!!!

You can have some popcorn if you bring the ice cream!
Hey, as long as we got popcorn and ice cream, what movie are we watching? Das Boot? Run Silent Run Deep? Lets do a double feature!

Need beer to wash down the popcorn:hmm:. Let's host a intergalactic kegger!
Old 03-27-08, 12:48 PM   #133
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Since we're going international

German popcorn, American ice cream, British beer, need something Dutch and some Japanese saki. The more I see Das Boot the less I like it. Let's do Run Silent Run Deep and heckle all the mistakes!
Old 03-27-08, 01:00 PM   #134
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

I miss all the good parties.

Will be there as soon as the room stops spinning.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 03-27-08, 01:05 PM   #135
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I love Das Boot. IMO a very good movie and a good representation of how it was RR. Well, as good a representation we can get for two hours.

KL, have some REAL rum cake. It will knock you out for a good 12 hours and you will wake up all better! I can atest to that! A nice Jamaican women I knew way back when used to make it for me when I was under the weather. Best medicine out there
Closed Thread