SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 12:37 PM   #1
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Them birdcages are driving me nuts!

In this first stunning screenshot my Perry is in the foreground and my Allied Arleigh Burke is in the background, and it's plastered with birdcages and I don't know how to make them go away, any advice?
It's just plain crazy for the Burke to be covered by "uncertainty" cages considering it's only a couple of hundred yards away!
For the record, I HAVEN'T ticked the 'Show Truth' option box, but I HAVE ticked the 'Show Allies' box, which if I've understood the manual correctly, should get rid of the birdcages on my Allied vessels!

For comparison here's an equally stunning screenshot of the same scene, but this time I've had to click the 'Show Truth' box to get rid of them.
The drawback is that it also gets rid of them on enemy vessels which is very unrealistic.
To sum up, I want enemy vessels to be caged, but I want my own vessels to stay uncaged, how do I do that?

PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 01:25 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Well, it is there in the first picture without bird cages. The bird cages you're seeing are probably from lookout or radar or link, and I don't think there's any way to tell the game to disregard only certain contacts while keeping others. The 3D view on the nav map is not actuality. If you go to the bridge lookout point, you'll only see the truth from that vantage, no solutions.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 01:43 PM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

"Birdcage" is only visualisation of your "unknown" link from map. You can turn off link or disable 3D in options menu or just classify contact.
From bridge (F1 left/right side) or machinegun (F12 left/right side) you have "real" view without "birdcages".

For a "tactical commander" style of playing too many things driving you nuts. I thought map is more important than 3D visualisation

BTW In my opinion, "Show Allies" option is cheat. Link in real world is not perfect.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 03:09 PM   #4
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks guys, I like to play all my wargames in 3D so that it's like actually being there on the battlefield in the middle of a sea or land battle, but all them birdcages are cluttering up the pretty view, and if I can't get rid of them on my allied vessels I'll have to go sulk and pout and watch a few "Worlds Toughest Prisons" videos instead, I'm an ex-convict myself and I like to sit with a smug grin on my face thinking "Bin there dun that"..
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 04:05 PM   #5
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

It's all good. Honestly, that's really close aboard and more like a photo-op formation than a war-type formation with spacings closer to 10 nmi.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote