SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-07, 04:34 PM   #1
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default How do I Spawn a ship?

I have a mission, and when the sub reaches the harbor, I want a Light Cruiser to be coming out of the harbor and patrol...

I have added the Kuma Light Cruiser to the mission, near a dock, but not docked. I set it to 1knot at the first waypoint. I added 5 other waypoints. 2 & 3 increase the speed to 5knots, then it goes to 4 & 5 and loops back to 3.

Map Zone:
I also added a Map Zone called 'Harbor Trigger' and put it just outside the harbor.

Trigger:
I added Trigger called 'Enter Harbor', and made it a type 'Reach Zone', and set it to the zone above 'Harbor Trigger'.

Event:
I then added an Event called 'Enter Harbor - Start Cruiser' and set it to Event Type 'Update Instance'. Added the Trigger 'Enter Harbor' I created above. I set the Instance Name to the Kuma Cruiser I added to the map. And checked the Instance Command's Spawn checkbox.

When I tested the mission, I had my sub just outside, but ready to enter the Map Zone. And I used the External Camera (F11) to watch the place I put the Cruiser, but it never appeared.

What am I doing wrong. It's complicated, but I'm sure I'm probably doing several things wrong.

Also, was does 'Is Savable' mean in the Object Properties??

Thanks for any help!

Snacko
aka WBK
Old 06-01-07, 06:05 PM   #2
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58

Also, the sub I originally setup in my mission only has 4 forward tubes. So, I deleted that sub and added other ones of different types. But every time I play the mission the Quick Misson list displays the original Porpouise sub, not the new Tambor, or Gato sub that I added as Human Player. I even deleted the other subs. But for some reason it still defaults to Pourpose.

Also, while working on this, I am wondering why when I click the dropdown list for the subs in the Quick Mission list, it only has certain subs. I have tried playing with the Mission Parameters to change the dates to allow other subs, but it doesn't seem to help.
Old 06-02-07, 12:00 AM   #3
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

To be honest I found that trying to add a unit after the mission start is impossible or extreamly hard at best. My theroy(I admit most of my exp with ME is in SHIII) is thet a unit cant spawn within a certin radius of the boat in order to avoid crashes, games freeses and the like. Just put it outside the harbor where it starts its patrol.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-07, 12:26 PM   #4
hellish
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default Spawn a ship

if you are going to spawn a ship, 1st you have to right click on the map where you want the ship to start. Very important, ships wont spawn if they are closer than 20nm. This can make a slight trip in the game. go thru the properties and select the ship or ships you want in the random group. Now at the towards the bottom of the properties you will see a box call spawn or spawning interval. defaul is set at 24 hours, means you will have to wait 24 hours for it to spawn. set it down to 1 hour. Now make the group entrance date and time. If you mission starts at 8:00 and you want the ship to spawn at 8:10 then the group entry time has to be set at 7:10. hope this helps.
hellish is offline   Reply With Quote