SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-11, 09:00 AM   #1
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
[

Closed. I'll keep it to myself.

-pditty8811

Last edited by pditty8811; 08-08-11 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-08-11, 09:12 AM   #2
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

A word of advice - no matter how good a modder you may be, your attitude towards other people is not going to serve you well. Neither are personal attacks on other people.

I presume you got permission from Flakmonkey (and others where needed) to include his (and/or their) work in your release? That would be be something in your favor, at least.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 09:27 AM   #3
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Yeah, well, good luck with that.

Oh, and FWIW, you might want to take a look here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115983

Edit: What you are doing is sitting in judgment on how other people spend their time and release their work (or don't). Unless you are sending them a paycheck, they are not obligated to you for squat.

What you are getting, you are getting because of your arrogance and disrespect for others, which is on display more and more in everything you post here, as is your obvious contempt for other modders and anyone who doesn't give you what you think you're entitled to at the exact moment you want it so you can - what? Release it as part of your own mod without even seeing if that's okay with the people who did the majority of the work?

Take it from me, kid. Get over yourself, you're not that special. Nobody is.

--------
And wow, way to show what balls you've got, deleting everything you posted so that no one can see what I'm responding to.

For those of you who are wondering, pditty here started this thread to announce the release of a mod he says he did that is based on or includes work done by Flakmonkey and others, and which actually includes the entire FM New Interiors mod. In his post he praised himself for releasing the beta version of it, unlike those other "selfish" modders who refuse to share their work or mislead the community with callous promises about new mods that they never bother to finish or release. And then finished it off with a crude P.S. about one member in particular.

I presumed to point out that his attitude wasn't doing him any good, and to ask if he'd obtained permission from FM and others to include their work in his release.

He stated that he had not, and that as far as his attitude goes he is only dishing out what he'd been getting from others.

In the time it took me to write and edit a short reply to that, he deleted all his posts in the thread.

Gosh, I guess he's just like all those other "selfish" modders he talks about, denying the community the fruits of his labor over what - l'il ol' me asking a simple question and offering some friendly advice?

Last edited by frau kaleun; 08-08-11 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-08-11, 10:13 AM   #4
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post

What you are doing is sitting in judgment on how other people spend their time and release their work (or don't). Unless you are sending them a paycheck, they are not obligated to you for squat.

What you are getting, you are getting because of your arrogance and disrespect for others, which is on display more and more in everything post here, and for your obvious contempt for anyone who doesn't give you what you think you're entitled to at the exact moment you want it so you can - what? Release it as part of your own mod without even seeing if that's okay with the people who did the majority of the work?

B.S.
Just pure bullocks.

I've been disrespected here from a select few who obviously need a reality check. For some reason they think their all high and mighty just because they've created a couple mods. The community needs to be aware of their attitude problem regardless of what they contribute to the forum.

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 10:19 AM   #5
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

Edit: What you are doing is sitting in judgment on how other people spend their time and release their work (or don't). Unless you are sending them a paycheck, they are not obligated to you for squat.

What you are getting, you are getting because of your arrogance and disrespect for others, which is on display more and more in everything you post here, as is your obvious contempt for other modders and anyone who doesn't give you what you think you're entitled to at the exact moment you want it so you can - what? Release it as part of your own mod without even seeing if that's okay with the people who did the majority of the work?

--------
And wow, way to show what balls you've got, deleting everything you posted so that no one can see what I'm responding to.

For those of you who are wondering, pditty here started this thread to announce the release of a mod he says he did that is based on or includes work done by Flakmonkey and others, and which actually includes the entire FM New Interiors mod. In his post he praised himself for releasing the beta version of it, unlike those other "selfish" modders who refuse to share their work or mislead the community with callous promises about new mods that they never bother to finish or release. And then finished it off with a crude P.S. about one member in particular.

I presumed to point out that his attitude wasn't doing him any good, and to ask if he'd obtained permission from FM and others to include their work in his release.

He stated that he had not, and that as far as his attitude goes he is only dishing out what he'd been getting from others.

In the time it took me to write and edit a short reply to that, he deleted all his posts in the thread.

Gosh, I guess he's just like all those other "selfish" modders he talks about, denying the community the fruits of his labor over what - l'il ol' me asking a simple question and offering some friendly advice?
This is correct, most of it, except the part you said I did not give credit. I gave OVER DO credit to the modders of the mods I used. I mentioned them more than once in the mod, even the title of this thread I used the mod titles I used. As everyone can see.

How about not twisting the truth in your next post?

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 10:26 AM   #6
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Whatever, dude. Your attitude was obvious to me from early on, that's why I declined your offer to be PM "modding buddies" or whatever it was you wanted. It was only a matter of time before you took it too far and got shot down for it.

And there may be a reality check coming but if so I suspect it will be made out to someone other than the "community."

At any rate...

Old 08-08-11, 10:29 AM   #7
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Whatever, dude. Your attitude was obvious to me from early on, that's why I declined your offer to be PM "modding buddies" or whatever it was you wanted. It was only a matter of time before you took it too far and got shot down for it.

And there may be a reality check coming but if so I suspect it will be made out to someone other than the "community."

At any rate...

So everyone here understands correctly, when I PM'd you to share modding information.

Your response was you didn't know squat about modding. It seems you were correct after all.

I believe your true skill is mouthing off in the forum.

"dude"

(Your use of that word shows your age)

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 10:33 AM   #8
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pditty8811 View Post
This is correct, most of it, except the part you said I did not give credit. I gave OVER DO credit to the modders of the mods I used. I mentioned them more than once in the mod, even the title of this thread I used the mod titles I used. As everyone can see.
Try reading it again, son. I never said you didn't give "credit." Yes, you gave proper credit in your post to all those selfish modders whose work you so magnanimously took it upon yourself to finish. Was that before or after you called them out for being selfish people who mislead the "community" by promising mods they never deliver.

What I said was that you didn't ask permission to include their work in your own release. You admitted as much in a post that you went back and deleted.

Quote:

How about not twisting the truth in your next post?

-pditty8811
How about not deleting everything you post so others can actually see what you say for what it is, and not what you want to pretend it was?
Old 08-08-11, 10:36 AM   #9
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Try reading it again, son. I never said you didn't give "credit." Yes, you gave proper credit in your post to all those selfish modders whose work you so magnanimously took it upon yourself to finish. Was that before or after you called them out for being selfish people who mislead the "community" by promising mods they never deliver.

What I said was that you didn't ask permission to include their work in your own release. You admitted as much in a post that you went back and deleted.
So we cleared that up.

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 10:45 AM   #10
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
So everyone here understands correctly, when I PM'd you to share modding information.

Your response was you didn't know squat about modding. It seems you were correct after all.
On the contrary, my reply was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun
Thanks, but to be honest with you if I don't answer something in the forums it's usually because I don't know anything about it and haven't a clue what suggestions to offer.

I've only been playing SH3 for a couple years, and I really enjoy tinkering with the game, but my knowledge of how to do that is still fairly limited. You will probably have much better luck putting your questions to the membership at large - there is access to way more information out there than I can offer.

And at the moment I am not playing or modding at all, "real life" is taking its toll, I'm afraid. But if you have any questions you think I might be able to help with, you're welcome to send them on and I'll ponder them when I can.

FK
That was sent to you at 7:00 PM EDT on 07/18/2011 according to my user PM logs. It seemed like a polite way of discouraging continued PMs about things I didn't have time for from someone I wasn't inclined to make time for. The end.

Quote:
I believe your true skill is mouthing off in the forum.
No, that's one area where the present competition has got me beat.

Quote:

"dude"

(Your use of that word shows your age)

-pditty8811

Keep 'em comin', kid. Mondays are usually so boring around here.
Old 08-08-11, 10:51 AM   #11
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
On the contrary, my reply was this:

That was sent to you at 7:00 PM EDT on 07/18/2011 according to my user PM logs. It seemed like a polite way of discouraging continued PMs about things I didn't have time for from someone I wasn't inclined to make time for. The end.

No, that's one area where the present competition has got me beat.

You posting your PM just confirms you admitted your lack of knowledge of SH3 and modding. There for all to read.

Suck it up buddy, admit it. It's ok.

You seem to have self-esteem issues, your not comfortable with your lack of SH3 knowledge?

Admitting you don't have much knowledge of SH3 or modding is fine. But denying it when the evidence suggest otherwise is just plain immature and childish.

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 11:06 AM   #12
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
You posting your PM just confirms you admitted your lack of knowledge of SH3 and modding. There for all to read.

Suck it up buddy, admit it. It's ok.

You seem to have self-esteem issues, your not comfortable with your lack of SH3 knowledge?

Admitting you don't have much knowledge of SH3 or modding is fine. But denying it when the evidence suggest otherwise is just plain immature and childish.

-pditty8811
On the contrary, you claimed I said I didn't know squat about modding, which I did not.

Breaking it down point by point, what I actually said was that:

1) my knowledge of modding the game was limited and I did not have much time at the moment to devote to it

2) you were therefore better off posting questions and concerns to the forums at large, where you would have access to far more knowledge and assistance on a wider variety of subjects than you can get from PMing me instead

3) if I don't answer a question posted on the forums in the forums themselves, it's because I don't know the answer and therefore PMing me about it is a waste of time

While all of the above is true, it's also true that my response was designed primarily to discourage ongoing PMs from you about modding or anything else, really, in the friendliest and most polite way possible.

"Friendly" and "polite" are words you might want to look up one of these days.
Old 08-08-11, 11:13 AM   #13
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

whats this here...some nice little coffee cookie hang out?

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 11:13 AM   #14
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
On the contrary, you claimed I said I didn't know squat about modding, which I did not.

Breaking it down point by point, what I actually said was that:

1) my knowledge of modding the game was limited and I did not have much time at the moment to devote to it

2) you were therefore better off posting questions and concerns to the forums at large, where you would have access to far more knowledge and assistance on a wider variety of subjects than you can get from PMing me instead

3) if I don't answer a question posted on the forums in the forums themselves, it's because I don't know the answer and therefore PMing me about it is a waste of time

While all of the above is true, it's also true that my response was designed primarily to discourage ongoing PMs from you about modding or anything else, really, in the friendliest and most polite way possible.

"Friendly" and "polite" are words you might want to look up one of these days.

This is something kids do in middle-school.

If that's the case then stop responding to my posts, because I'm sick of hearing about your insecurities.

-pditty8811
Old 08-08-11, 11:17 AM   #15
pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
whats this here...some nice little coffee cookie hang out?
Nope, just a bloke who doesn't have anything positive to add to the forum.

-pditty8811