SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-06, 06:15 PM   #736
Driftwood
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks LW! Don't give up the ship Bro! The community needs you!
Old 10-03-06, 02:14 PM   #737
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

A quick update...

There have been some significant developments on a number of fronts. This is good news, but it means I have to wait on a few things to make any more progress directly on this projects.

Let's just say, this delay is good news.

You guys should know more soon, but the sun has broken through the clouds.

Cheers,
David
Old 10-03-06, 02:47 PM   #738
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Nice news Luftwolf, I trust you and put on my sunglasses. Been a while since the sun was here.

Cheers Porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 07:00 PM   #739
Driftwood
Chief

Are we getting a whiff of a new patch per chance??????
Old 10-10-06, 09:24 PM   #740
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

All I'm saying is that continuing work on LWAMI 4.xx very soon seems to make sense again.

Cheers,
David
Old 01-27-07, 01:15 PM   #741
Qppralke
A-ganger

Hi Luftwolf , any chance there's going to be new LWAMI for 1.04 soon ?
We -> [OoO] are creating missions for LWAMI . So we are stuck now. Between old version and LWAMI and new version, but without our missions and LWAMI.
We tried to put old LWAMI on top of the new patch, but it doesn't work.

Come on ! Your people needs you !

Qppralke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 01:40 PM   #742
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Posted.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
David
Old 01-27-07, 02:10 PM   #743
Qppralke
A-ganger

Cheers man

Qppralke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 01:36 AM   #744
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Suggestion for the mod.

Consider giving the Trafalgar class two versions of the Spearfish. One with a 70 knot and 12nm setting, the other with a 50 knot setting and 27 nm speed. Equip both in the Trafalgar loadout (perhaps in place of the tigerfish) and whenever the sim plays the AI will chose which one is appropriate (70knot for close range, 45 for long range).

Of course, the speed vs range ability *could* be used instead (one blanket speed for the spearfish), but the problem is that the AI will always chose the max speed and shortest range.

Anyway, something to consider.
Old 01-30-07, 04:49 AM   #745
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

That's a really good idea.

Very clever, I like that. We'll see how that fits in, but it's a very sound way to overcome the sound vs. speed issues for the AI.

Cheers,
David
Old 03-25-07, 04:00 PM   #746
Landorin
Nub

Hi just tried out the latest mod version (only played 3.04 long time ago a few times) and noticed some weird things: 1) I was playing a quick mission with FFG against an AI Typhoon sub. It took about 5 or so torps to sink it (MK46-50)! Is that really working as intended? I'm not a navy man but I doubt that thing can survive more than 2 hits the most (if at all). 2) readme says platforms now have 360 degree active intercept. Is that realistic (I don't know, so I'm seriously asking)? Somehow the idea of having a blind spot sounded more exciting (and allowed sneakier tactics). What I really like is that thermal layers seem to make a bigger difference now as well as the AI helo uses the dipping sonar.
Landorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 07:26 PM   #747
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

360 degree active intercept has to be realistic...unless there's some engineering reason why it can't be done, but what could that be?

As for the Typhoon, the damage level was set so that it could barely survive a single ADCAP hit. It'll take 5 50s or 54s to take it down. Considering that the 50/54s are very small weapons, and a Typhoon is the size of a WWII carrier, that doesn't bother me too much. And even if it did, I'd still wonder just how often anything that carries the 50/54 would end up getting a shot at a Typhoon. Russia keeps them under the ice and close to home...if someone takes a shot at a Typhoon, it'll be an SSN.
Old 03-26-07, 05:27 PM   #748
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Take a look at a picture of a Typhoon and understand that the warhead of a Mk50 is about the size of your head, and you will understand why that makes sense.

The Typhoon has multiple hulls, in fact the gap between the inner and outer hulls is probably bigger than the Mk50 is long.

The ADCAP torpedoes, which are much larger weapons, are in fact designed with a two-stage HEAT-type warhead that is designed to burn through the outside hull of largers Russian submarines and then direct the blast of the second charge completely into the final hull (by reports...).

Russian submarines are supposedly designed to sustain hits from normal torpedo warheads, and so the the Mk 48 ADCAP warhead was designed to defeat these designs... or so the story goes.

Cheers,
David

PS The 360 degree Active Intercept performance is confirmed by modern submariners (Bill Nichols ).
Old 03-28-07, 02:55 AM   #749
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

Hi folks,
yesterday i tried the LWAMI mod, seems like a lot of work a lot of good work.
But also i got some problems using this mod.
The first is that Auto SonarCrew doesnt work longer.
I saw a really clear contact on the 688i Broadband Sonar and the AutoCrew
doesnt mind.
This was on the Sicillian Wedding mission while i was moving from one Op Area to another, regulary i dont use Sonar AutoCrew. Then when i marked the Contact myself, The Tracker was left from the place where it was displayed.
No chance to move it to that position where the contact is really displayed at the Sonar. Cant make a screenshot now because im at work but i will try to visualize it.
i use the following signs * for the sonar line and a | for the marker. So when i marked the contact the marker was on a similar position like this:

___|_____________________
´´´´*´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
´´´´*´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

The next problem was that the Sonar display was freezed.
After a few minutes the display starts running again then it freezes again.

Was using the actual version from www.subguru.com and there are no other mods installed.
Hope u can reproduce this problems.
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 03:06 AM   #750
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Hi!

I don't think this problem is related to the Sonar Autocrew:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWAMI Readme
XX-Specific Sensor Changes-XX

Sphere and Hull Arrays—The sensitivity of the Sphere and Hull arrays has been increased relative to the Towed Array (to be clear, the TA is still much more sensitive in terms of long range performance) to better simulate their reported real world specifications. Also, the stern facing baffle of the Sphere has been increased to 120 degrees for active and passive modes, including the FFG and all AI platforms. It is not uncommon for contacts to show up on the broadband sphere before they show up on the narrowband sphere, and loud contacts will also show up more clearly on the sphere array broadband than the towed array broadband once both arrays have detected the contact. Expect to use the Sphere and Hull arrays more now to track and identify surface traffic and build situational awareness utilizing DEMON and TMA, and reserve the TA for finding and tracking those quiet hostile submarines or distant warships on narrowband. NOTE: Known Issue. It will be possible to see and hear contacts on the Sphere array before you can assign a Broadband tracker to them. You can immediately assign a narrowband tracker to all contacts on the sphere with a narrowband signature, although it is intended that generally contacts will be detected on the sphere broadband first. The broadband tracker issue is not intended, although it is present in stock DW as well, and the mod does not make it any worse in game play terms.
In regards to the contact being marked off the bearing of the line, I see this occasionally with the Western Sonar systems; sometimes the tick mark is definately off of the bearing of the contact. I don't see how anything in the mod could make this issue worse, although I did increase the bearing error on the sonar, which could be making this occur more frequently in some circumstances. Although not expected behavior (eg. a "bug") it appears to be more of a cosmetic issue to me... which is especially convenient because don't think I can fix it.

Thanks for your feedback, I hope this response is satisfactory for you, let me know if there is anything else or if you are unconvinced, I'm never surprised now when a new issue comes up that needs to be fixed!

Cheers,
David