SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-17, 08:45 PM   #91
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark22 View Post
Hi!
I really like your mod and I have used every soviet sub!

I just couldn't help noticing that the Yankee class and the two Delta's don't have VLS while SSBN's should be able to launch missiles, right? (just like the Typhoon in-game). Are you planning to give them VLS?

(my english isn't the best, I'm Dutch)
No, I wasn't planning to give those VLS, because those subs don't have cruise missile VLS systems. They have SLBM systems, but SLBMs aren't modeled in the game. The Typhoon in the mod that has VLS is a theoretical conversion from ballistic missiles to cruise missiles, but even the regular Typhoon doesn't have VLS.

If the devs ever implement SLBMs into the game, then I'll update those subs.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-17, 09:35 PM   #92
captinjoehenry
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
No, I wasn't planning to give those VLS, because those subs don't have cruise missile VLS systems. They have SLBM systems, but SLBMs aren't modeled in the game. The Typhoon in the mod that has VLS is a theoretical conversion from ballistic missiles to cruise missiles, but even the regular Typhoon doesn't have VLS.

If the devs ever implement SLBMs into the game, then I'll update those subs.
Hey there I edited the performance of the P500 P700 and Sea Lance to their real speeds if you want the code.
captinjoehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-17, 08:27 AM   #93
Hydra01
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldryk View Post
In two words no one really knows, unless you've tried it... I add that we are in a kind of simulator everything is allowed in mod. The settings suited me.
I wouldn't have a problem with that being in a separate mod, though I definitely wouldn't want that in this one since the 41 kt top speed does seem the be the accepted top speed even by many Russian sources as well as Western ones.
Hydra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-17, 10:03 AM   #94
Daldryk
Swabbie

Downloads: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra01 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with that being in a separate mod, though I definitely wouldn't want that in this one since the 41 kt top speed does seem the be the accepted top speed even by many Russian sources as well as Western ones.

No one to talk about including it in this mod . It takes 1 second to change the value.
Daldryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 01:56 AM   #95
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Mod updated!

Old 06-27-17, 02:53 PM   #96
Raptor_Pilot
WORST. KALEUN. EVER.

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
Mod updated!
Sweet Words!
Raptor_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 06:20 PM   #97
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14
Default new diesel variants of the Skipjack

I have added new diesel variants of the Skipjack inside my download of the "Playable Russian Subs Mod". Let me know if you want to add them to your mod.

1. The Barbel class, a diesel clone of the skipjack.
2. The (early) Barbel class, a diesel clone of the early skipjack, but with bowplanes rather than sailplanes.
3. The Yushio class, a Japanese development of the Barbel with side launch tubes, better sonar, lower test depth, and harpoon missiles. (My favorite).

All boats are slow and quiet.

The Barbel/Skipjack has other derivatives which could be added, like the Zwaardvis-class of the Netherlands and the Taiwanese Chien Lung-class.

I also reduced the acceleration slightly on these boats and increased the turn rate of the Barbels due to their reduced length.

Known bugs: The damage control tab doesn't display properly. Probably an easy fix if you know what you are doing. Fixed.

Last edited by goldfish716; 06-29-17 at 04:18 PM.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 11:37 PM   #98
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime posterS!

goldfish716! & Hydra01...after a very long 6 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 12:01 PM   #99
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1
Default Cold waters 62?

Just wanted to throw this idea out there because I'm not really one for modding but may try my hand at it.

This would be a compromise because new models can't be added into the game but, how would people feel about some of the Soviet Diesels modles used as stand-ins for older boats like the Skates (thinking Romeo model) and the Seawolf (old one SSN-575, was thinking the Tango model could fit if you overlook the 3rd prop)? I'm also toying around with the idea of creating the USS Tullibee (SSN-597, using the Permit class model). Other possibilities are the Barbel, Tang and even GUPPY boats. Not really a great fit but the Echo or November could probably fit well enough for the USS Triton although admittedly the Triton was a fair deal longer.

While you won't really get the fully experience of having a finite battery charge and having to snorkel but I think these could bring a new angle to the game and make it a lot tougher if you were using an old boat.
Old 06-29-17, 08:37 AM   #100
ollie1983
Sailor man

Downloads: 5

Any chance of adding the reduced visibility and proper UI into the Russian subs mod?
ollie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 03:13 PM   #101
goldfish716
Sailor man

Default Barbel Files

Here is a link to the text files for the Barbel diesels I talked about above.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...FU?usp=sharing

You have permission to add them to your mod if you wish. Not that you need my permission -- it is publicly available without condition.

Others, please message me if you need help using these files.

Last edited by goldfish716; 06-29-17 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-29-17, 10:03 PM   #102
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie1983 View Post
Any chance of adding the reduced visibility and proper UI into the Russian subs mod?
I'd prefer not to force certain things like that on players that don't want it... like me for instance, I like the water visibility as it is. However, since my mod does not touch the environment files, you should be able to download the visibility mod and drag its files directly into the override folder from my mod without an issue.

As for the UI... I'm not sure which UI you mean, but there's no way for me to integrate that without forcing everyone to use it. If you mean the other UI mod that's here on Subsim, I don't care for it at all, way too much stuff from DW in it for my taste.

But, each sub has its UI set in the vessel file, and it can't be changed in the game, it can only be changed by editing the file itself. The best way to handle this would be for players to manually combine the other UI and my mod by editing the proper files, or for someone to copy my mod, integrate the other UI, and the release it as a separate mod.

Old 06-29-17, 10:55 PM   #103
Carthaginian
Loader

Downloads: 19
Default GUPPY IIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
I have added new diesel variants of the Skipjack inside my download of the "Playable Russian Subs Mod". Let me know if you want to add them to your mod.

1. The Barbel class, a diesel clone of the skipjack.
2. The (early) Barbel class, a diesel clone of the early skipjack, but with bowplanes rather than sailplanes.
3. The Yushio class, a Japanese development of the Barbel with side launch tubes, better sonar, lower test depth, and harpoon missiles. (My favorite).

All boats are slow and quiet.

The Barbel/Skipjack has other derivatives which could be added, like the Zwaardvis-class of the Netherlands and the Taiwanese Chien Lung-class.

I also reduced the acceleration slightly on these boats and increased the turn rate of the Barbels due to their reduced length.

Known bugs: The damage control tab doesn't display properly. Probably an easy fix if you know what you are doing. Fixed.
I sent the GUPPY IIA to CaptainX3 last night, along with a mission limiting them to subs they would have likely faced. I'll keep tweaking it a bit, and I'm gathering info on the Skate/Tang classes now as well!
Carthaginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 11:57 PM   #104
goldfish716
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthaginian View Post
I sent the GUPPY IIA to CaptainX3 last night, along with a mission limiting them to subs they would have likely faced. I'll keep tweaking it a bit, and I'm gathering info on the Skate/Tang classes now as well!
Cool. I worked on the look of the Skate/Tang today. If you apply the Delta IV textures to a Whiskey or the Foxtrot, it almost looks right.
Old 06-30-17, 01:00 AM   #105
Carthaginian
Loader

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
Cool. I worked on the look of the Skate/Tang today. If you apply the Delta IV textures to a Whiskey or the Foxtrot, it almost looks right.
Awesome!
I was going to use the Foxtrot for them.
I'm also gonna try US colors on the Whiskey for the GUPPY. Should be fairly close.
Carthaginian is offline   Reply With Quote