Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-17-10, 05:49 PM   #1
liadou2001
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SFK1942 questions?

hi, thanks for you guys' help in my previous posts. Here are some new questions

1. what is the short-cut key to enter the map? (what im doing now is: press "ESC" to the menu and then select "map", is there any way faster? i tried F8 key, seems not work...)

2. If im not in Commander's position, will the commander find the enemy automatically?

3. In driver's positon, what is the key "B" and "N" for? is it supposed to keep the fixed gas? if it is fixed gas, why it didnt' swich gear automatically?
Do i have to hold the gas all the time when driving (the "up" key in default) (In TvT i dont have to hold it all the time...)

thanks

Old 03-18-10, 04:05 AM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default control keys

1)To enter the map press F8.If it does not work then go into options in your game menu and check under general to see if the default key is set at F8.If no default key has been entered then you can do that by clicking chnage at the lower left .If your map key is another value you can either keep it as it is or change it to F8( recommended)

2) if you are in the gunner position(F2) you'll hear the commander announcing the targets. As loader or driver I am not sure may be not.

3) I don't drive much my tank in manual.My instinct would be to say N is for neutral to keep your tank in neutral gear.As for B it is for the brake (it's Q if you are driving in automatic mode).

In d case of doubt check your options in the game menu and going through them you'll get to the various control keys for gunner, commander, driver, general etc.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 06:36 AM   #3
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

hi,

ive just purchased SF from gamersgate but im not sure if i need to install any patches. when i load the game it doesnt say anywhere what version it is.

ive got a resolution problem as well. when i start the tutorial, i cant see the text at the top of the screen. im usin a widescreen monitoe with a 1920x1080 resolution. anyone else had this problem?

so is the there any must have mods or patches i need to download?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:37 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Patch

You probably need to install the unofficial English language patch to correct the lack of grading in the Panzer IVF2 gun sight that's all.The game is very stable and there a lots of mods to install with dozens of new tank and gun models added to the basic models that come with the game.Check it out on tanksim.org.ru it's a Russian website but with an English/language option|This where most of us SF fans get our patches and mods.There are mods for skins, battlefield sounds, even one adding dust to your tanks armour, there are Steel Panzer 1.0, 1.2, 1.3 mods and the latest version 1.4.A new updated one probably 1.5 is coming in 3 weeks.Each SP mods adds new tanks/armoured vehicles or even trucks, guns and new misisons.The latest mod is the Tiger 1.0 mod with the Tiger II(King TIger) and the JS2.

Enjoy the game it's great!

Cheers

FRinik
Old 05-04-10, 02:03 PM   #5
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

alright cool il check it out. i was a big panzer elite fan so hopefully this will help fill the void.

any ideas what goin on with the resolution problem im havin, anyone else playin with widescreen monitors?
Old 05-04-10, 11:18 PM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Widescreen Buig

Oh I was forgetting, there's a patch on the tanksim.org.ru website to fix the widescreen bug.I never had that problem myself so I did not think about it. Check it out I remember seeing it.

Cheers
Old 05-12-10, 11:06 AM   #7
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

im still sadly having problems with my resolution even after installing the widescreen fix. it seems that no matter what resolution i set in the game menu the resolution doesnt seem to change.

begining to look like i wasted my cash on this one i have to admit.
Old 05-12-10, 11:28 PM   #8
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Resolution Problems?

Before you give up and throw in the towel I suggest that you describe what problems are you having exactly in detail so we can help you.I haven't heard anybody complain about having resolution problems with SF before I must admit. Do you mean to say that the game sets your screen resolution at a set or default value like 1920x1080 and you cannot change that? Because the game tells you what optimum resolution numbers wuill your pc specs allow you to play and defaults your game at those values.Obviously if this gives you a screen that's too wide and you cannot see everything then you can manually adjust/set in the game those values lower 1440 x 900 or 1280 x 900 whatever works for you.I am not sure what your problem is?????

Please explain?
Old 05-13-10, 01:28 PM   #9
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

hi,

whenever i change the resolution size and apply it i dont see any visible change. the problem is when i start the tutorial missions the text that appears at the top of the screen cuts off which normally suggests a resolution problem.

when i change resolutions, there should be some visible cue that its changed. at least thats the way every other game ive played works.
Old 05-14-10, 01:35 AM   #10
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Resolution

Do you change the resolution in the control panel of your pc or in the game menu????

I don't tinker with the resolution of my pc( a laptop) I just adjust it into the game proper.When you adjust the resolution do you see any difference in texture etc?

Hang on the game is worth the effort. Don't give up too easily!
Old 05-18-10, 04:58 PM   #11
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

its the resolution in game im on about. is noone else havin this problem with the subtitles on the training mission disappearing at the top of the screen?
Old 05-19-10, 04:55 AM   #12
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Resolution problem

Are you using the default resolution ascribed to you in the game video menu based on your systems specifications and capacity or did you adjust the resolution based on your own preferences? To give you an example my graphic card surpasses the game's requirements so the resolution was defaulted by the game engine to 1440 X 960 or something like that. But because I make user-made missions with lots of tanks and units on the map that I would get better FPS by adjusting the resolution downward to 1280 X 768. What I am getting at is the if you set the game resolution too high it may make your screens too wide and thus the problem you reported. Or setting your resolution at low values such as 800 X 640 may cause a similar problem.

I checked many threads of Sf on different fora and I have not come across any post reporting a problem like yours.
Old 05-27-10, 01:05 PM   #13
KnightsCross
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
its the resolution in game im on about. is noone else havin this problem with the subtitles on the training mission disappearing at the top of the screen?
Yes, I'm having this problem also
I finally got to try SFK on a friends pc[wide screen] in the settings is said the pc exceeded the requirements of the game, so we used auto detect and the setting did not change. so we entered the game in the training missions and could not read the text at the top of the screen. We exited checked auto detect and the resolution. We then tried a lower resolution but we still cant see the text and there seemed to be no change, We tried lowering resolution in the game settings only as the pc is my friends and is set up the way he likes it and works fine on all other games

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks guys, the game looks great btw
Darren
KnightsCross
Old 05-28-10, 02:27 AM   #14
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Wide Screen problems

Honestly Folks I have no idea what your resolution problem can be? I will post your problem on the Graviteam forum( it's the company that made the game) and see if Iceman or one of the developers has an idea but frankly I am flabbergasted.Never had that problem and I thought those who had it had it fixed with the wide-screen patch.... Since I just acquired a 24 " screen myself I am anxious to see if I'll have the same problem although to tell you the truth as long as i can play the game and see everything I can live without reading or seeing the subtitles.Can you at least see all the action when you play a mission?

Do you have an Nvidia or ATI graphic card? Because with Nvidia you just right click your screen and you'll have access to the graphic card settings etc.It might worth checking out to see if everything is properly adjusted.Otherwise with an ATI card you have to go to the control panel and check the settings under peripherals or soMething like that.I'll post on the SF graviteam forum and see what answers if any I get.

Cheers
Old 06-14-10, 07:26 AM   #15
KnightsCross
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsCross View Post
Yes, I'm having this problem also
I finally got to try SFK on a friends pc[wide screen] in the settings is said the pc exceeded the requirements of the game, so we used auto detect and the setting did not change. so we entered the game in the training missions and could not read the text at the top of the screen. We exited checked auto detect and the resolution. We then tried a lower resolution but we still cant see the text and there seemed to be no change, We tried lowering resolution in the game settings only as the pc is my friends and is set up the way he likes it and works fine on all other games

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks guys, the game looks great btw
Darren
KnightsCross
Any solution yet ? Laffertytig is it working for you ?

Darren