Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-18, 01:46 PM   #2356
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 349
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
Came across a strange glitch just now. Cook is fully motivated but special meal is unclickable and counting down. When the counter reaches zero the special meal is still unclickable and the countdown starts again.

Any info on that?
Have you used your promotion points to upgrade the Cook's Special abilities so he can do the Special Meal ?
I've found that the crew moral thing does not work very satisfactorily in any case. The Cook prolly being the worst case. For me moral appears to fluctuate for no apparent reason sometimes . There has been tons of threads about it

In the vanilla game the Cooks Special meal once used would take an eternity to become usable again ( At least for me anyway )

The Crew Management in the Stock game is so far removed from the earlier SH versions its almost not worth bothering with and in certain circumstances can have a negative impact on the game and is worth searching /reading a few other posts about it

The Automated Script thing I've not come across myself sounds really odd . Have you tried run another Script then stop the script running , save then restart ? I'm not really knowledgeable enough to give a more technical explanation it can be very complicated

Last edited by Cyborg322; 02-28-18 at 01:56 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 06:41 PM   #2357
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

No have not yet tried that. About the cook, yes he is on level 2 in the special meals department.

I found that in TWoS whenever my crew lacks motivation ordering the bosun to do crew management works. Especially handy when your radioman refuses yet again to encrypt .

Also, contrary to what is written in the mod explanation I have noticed that saying keep up the good work regularly does help slightly with morale points. The only problem I still see is that damage repair is always below par and very unrealistic as well as way too slow. That one cannot choose personally what to repair is a pity. I changed the ridiculously long time the navigator takes for a celestial fix too in the options editor. To a more realistic 900. A friend who is a navigator told me that a celestial fix does not take close to an hour anyway.

Some things I cannot tweak yet since I know too little about modding myself sadly.
Old 03-01-18, 06:00 AM   #2358
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Does anyone know why the weather changes when I reload a saved game?

Say, from sunny to stormy and vice versa...

and another issue today though not sure if it is a bug. No Tankers, Aircraft carriers and Other ships visible in my recog manual. Also in the museum, only freighters can be looked at. No other ships present in there.

Last edited by Ashikaga; 03-02-18 at 05:40 AM.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 06:48 AM   #2359
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Ashikaga[/Does anyone know why the weather changes when I reload a saved game?

Say, from sunny to stormy and vice versa...

and another issue today though not sure if it is a bug. No Tankers, Aircraft carriers and Other ships visible in my recog manual. Also in the museum, only freighters can be looked at. No other ships present in there.
Hi Again Ashikaga

The Weather change is unfortunately something carried over from the Vanilla game not much you can do other than keep restarting and getting the weather to change to what you want or back to how it was when you made your last saved game

The Tankers Etc should be in the Manual . Is it possible they are hidden in the drop down menu and require you to scroll down or open another tab ?

The Timing of the Navigators Celestial fix is really down to personal preference and is one of the big advantages of the options file viewer and there is plenty more tweaks to go at

Simon
Old 03-04-18, 03:36 PM   #2360
Max Fortune
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default TWoS Mod - game shuts down after a while of loading

Hi guys,

I love SH5 and start to play again after long time of abstinence. Despite I am not an expert of mods and use the games usually as they are I tried the TWoS mod.
The intro is brilliant and I can Switch through the menue without Problems. But when loading missions the game stops suddenly and return to Uplay as I would have stoped it at my own.
Its not a steam Version but an old CD one now linked to UPlay.

No clue why it happens and now I hope somebody could help.

Cheers Max
Max Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 03:42 PM   #2361
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Is the original version of SH5 updated to 1.2? How about the sh5.exe... did you change the compatibility?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 04:02 PM   #2362
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Max Fortune
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

You should not need to a compatibilty mode with SH5 but you do need to run your applications as administartors
Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 01:54 AM   #2363
Max Fortune
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Is the original version of SH5 updated to 1.2? How about the sh5.exe... did you change the compatibility?
Hello Bstanko6,

thanks for your feedback. I will check the version but how to change compatibility?
The game is managed by Uplay (Ubisoft) so I guess it should be the last version. I take a look.

Cheers

Max
Old 03-05-18, 05:57 PM   #2364
bstanko6
Admiral

I have the disc and when you are done installing, go into the folder and find game updater. Inside the folder is an application called “GU”. Click that. It fixes s lot of things from the start. You have to do this if you want to play TWoS.
Old 03-06-18, 04:28 AM   #2365
Max Fortune
Nub

Thanks for this advice. I downloaded the patch 1.2 from the web and installed TWoS again. Now it works.
And it's demanding
I have to learn again the procedure to find all setting for launching a torp.

Unfortunately the game still crashes unexpectedly as it already did before without a mod. either when saving a mission or when loading is almost finished.

However it's a very nice mod.
Old 03-06-18, 09:08 AM   #2366
bstanko6
Admiral

This video I made a while back. It is for SH3 but still works for SH5.

As far as it still CTD. I can only wonder why it crashes.
Old 03-06-18, 09:08 AM   #2367
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Fortune View Post
Hello Bstanko6,

thanks for your feedback. I will check the version but how to change compatibility?
The game is managed by Uplay (Ubisoft) so I guess it should be the last version. I take a look.

Cheers

Max
Hi Max

Right click on the Silent Hunter 5 .exe go to properties then the compatibility tab 2nd box down is Compatibility Mode Check box # run this program in compatibility mode for ; Windows *

using the drop down menu you can change it there * I note comment by The Berbster RE: Should not have to change it but its worth a try. You can change it back easy also you can set it to run as Admin at the same time [ Don't forget to reverse any changes if necessary that don't help its easy to loose track and get into a mess ]

If it still crashes - in the same tab you could try changing the " Override DPI Scaling Behaviour "

GOOD LUCK

Simon
Old 03-06-18, 09:26 AM   #2368
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
This video I made a while back. It is for SH3 but still works for SH5.

As far as it still CTD. I can only wonder why it crashes.

Nice video bstanko6 , always helps to have a well presented guide , so much easier than trying to explain stuff . Do more !

Old 03-06-18, 02:42 PM   #2369
bstanko6
Admiral

I appreciate that. That comment is exactly why I did the video. I have more on YouTube under SH3Bstanko6. They are all SH5 compatible.
Old 03-10-18, 01:50 PM   #2370
Max Fortune
Nub

Ahoy bstank06,

thanks to your tutorial I am able to hit a ship time to time. I am only struggeling with the TWoS mod a bit switching through the officers and icons.
One ship is not a problem but how to attack a convoy? Only one target can be tracked until the gyroscope is at 0 to launch the torps, right? To target a second or even a third one always ends in a mess as I do it one by one. Finally the convoy falls apart.

Anything I missed ?