SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-17, 03:47 PM   #226
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Of course I am entitled to many opinions and so are you. The Danish legal system might be different from the British or American legal system.
Not at all! Where do U think the Angles and the Saxons came from!
HOO do YOO think U R anyhow?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_law
Quote:
The judicial functions of the Anglo-Saxon legal system was mainly practiced by courts. Once a charge had been brought, it had to be heard by a court which would decide whether or not a crime had been committed...All shires, or counties, were subdivided into hundreds. These hundreds were subdivided into tithings. The three type of division had three types of representatives as well: the tithings had a tithingman, the hundreds a hundredman and the shires a shire-reeve.
( ie: the Sheriff...or "how the west was won" BBY)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-13-17 at 06:25 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 04:45 PM   #227
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

He may be referring to Napoleonic Code. I think the burden of proof is different.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 09:27 AM   #228
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
That info wasn't established at that time. When he posted that it still looked like Nautilus had accidentally sunk with no fatalities.
That is interesting indeed, because the tittle of the thread is "UC3 Nautilus has sunk - Madsen rescued - charged with murder of journalist".
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 09:51 AM   #229
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I think having best wishes for Peter would be best served by extraditing him to Texas, where they know how to treat murdering sociopaths. To all appearances, Peter has been calmly manipulating all who wish him well from the beginning, calmly stepping off the sub as he sank it, calmly explaining that it is a shame that the sub is gone but he is fine, that Kim was put safely ashore.

Now he needs a little calmly administered Texas final medication. Europe is much too "enlightened" to understand that some have forfeited their right to live.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 10:24 AM   #230
Obltn Strand
Commodore

I think our way is better. 12 years in max security prison and rest of natural life in prisoners mental asylum drooling in one's lap. Easier to return convict back to society if founded not quilty.

But let's court do it's job first and if their system is similar to ours, two levels are required until he is/isn't quilty.
Old 09-14-17, 10:29 AM   #231
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
I think having best wishes for Peter would be best served by extraditing him to Texas, where they know how to treat murdering sociopaths. To all appearances, Peter has been calmly manipulating all who wish him well from the beginning, calmly stepping off the sub as he sank it, calmly explaining that it is a shame that the sub is gone but he is fine, that Kim was put safely ashore.

Now he needs a little calmly administered Texas final medication. Europe is much too "enlightened" to understand that some have forfeited their right to live.
Man, that's telling it like it is
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 10:47 AM   #232
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
That is interesting indeed, because the tittle of the thread is "UC3 Nautilus has sunk - Madsen rescued - charged with murder of journalist".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Peter has been rescued, however the status of the other people who were with him are unknown.
At that point it wasn't clear that someone had actually died.
Old 09-14-17, 11:55 AM   #233
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Breaking radio silence to inform you all that last night Peter Madsen and his crew encountered a problem with the ballast tank in the Nautilus which developed into a major issue and unfortunately the submarine sunk.
Peter has been rescued, however the status of the other people who were with him are unknown.

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...f-det-men-okay

My best wishes to Peter at this difficult time and I hope that if there are others missing that they are found swiftly and Nautilus is able to be refloated in due course.
Ok that is a beauty.
Oberon creates a thread called "UC3 Nautilus has sunk - Madsen rescued - charged with murder of journalist". Then, he posted "My best wishes to Peter at the difficult time". And now Schroeder defends Oberon by pretending that Oberon did not know at the time he created the thread, that Peter was charged with murder. But this is Oberon that created the tittle of that thread "UC3 Nautilus has sunk - Madsen rescued - charged with murder of journalist".
WAOW!

Last edited by biosthetique; 09-14-17 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-14-17, 11:57 AM   #234
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
At that point it wasn't clear that someone had actually died.
Really?...If nobody actually died yet, why would there be someone charged with murder? The tittle of Oberon's thread is "UC3 Nautilus has sunk - Madsen rescued - charged with murder of journalist".
Old 09-14-17, 12:02 PM   #235
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

The title was changed as events unfolded. The original topic title did not mention murder as there was no indication of it at that time. This whole issue is a non-issue and unnecessary.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 12:58 PM   #236
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Easy there. I changed thread title several days after the thread was started.
Old 09-14-17, 01:02 PM   #237
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
The title was changed as events unfolded. The original topic title did not mention murder as there was no indication of it at that time. This whole issue is a non-issue and unnecessary.
I think that when a journalist is killed it is an issue, as it is unnecessary to kill journalist.

Now if the title was updated as events unfolded how come it did not read "Nautilus sunk and raised". In the title it just says "SUNK".

This whole issue is an issue and necessary to remind us the value of journalism and in any country of the world.
Old 09-14-17, 02:09 PM   #238
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
Now if the title was updated as events unfolded how come it did not read "Nautilus sunk and raised". In the title it just says "SUNK".
So, you based a whole argument against Oberon on the title of the thread, and when told the title had been changed, rather than apologize you complain that it wasn't changed the way you would have done it. What was the point of the tirade against another member in the first place?

It looks to me like you were wrong and just don't want to admit it.
Old 09-14-17, 02:37 PM   #239
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yes. No one is dismissing the tragedy or excusing Madsen. Oberon posted his comments before there was any info about the journalist. I changed the thread title. Your appropriate response should be, "Oh, I understand now".
Old 09-14-17, 02:42 PM   #240
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Easy there. I changed thread title several days after the thread was started.
And to be sure, the charge of murder came before any of the basis for the charge was out in the open. Europeans are closer to the vest with information than we are in the US. Often it keeps the innocent from being convicted. Many times it results in the conviction of someone who would be found not guilty in the US.

We've seen the injustice that can happen when cases are tried in the press, which has no stock in the truth, only sales means anything to them.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall