SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-09, 05:12 PM   #136
Rasher
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
It is installed via JSGME, al you have to do is open up the englishnames CFG and type in a few short words.

To see it in game you would need to use the mod by Wreford Brown which entails merging scr.MIS files.

If that is beyond you simply send me a copy of your campaign_scr CFG file and I will perform the operation/merge for you (provided you are using GWX3.0
Hi mate

I have PM'd you. Cheers
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 08:04 AM   #137
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
Hi mate

I have PM'd you. Cheers
Here is the file link:

http://www.filefront.com/14654369/Rasher.rar/

Inside it you will find the Campaign_SCR CFG file and a text document.

The text document not only contains comprehensive step by step instructions, but also the line of text you need to insert in your EnglishNames CFG file as well as instructions re where to find said file and also your Campaign_SCR file.

REMEMBER.....The Campaign_SCR file I have sent you is from a fresh installation of GWX3.0 with only the VonDos Esperia mod enabled.

You should disable all mods and back up your original Campaign_SCR file BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT I HAVE SENT YOU and be prepared to start a fresh career afterwards.

All you should need is the Esperia mod if you haven't already got it.

Be advised.....the SH3 game engine can be an unforgiving beast, on a good day and it may be the case you will require a fresh install.

Any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 08:53 AM   #138
Rasher
Gunner

Quote:
Here is the file link:

http://www.filefront.com/14654369/Rasher.rar/

Inside it you will find the Campaign_SCR CFG file and a text document.

The text document not only contains comprehensive step by step instructions, but also the line of text you need to insert in your EnglishNames CFG file as well as instructions re where to find said file and also your Campaign_SCR file.

REMEMBER.....The Campaign_SCR file I have sent you is from a fresh installation of GWX3.0 with only the VonDos Esperia mod enabled.

You should disable all mods and back up your original Campaign_SCR file BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT I HAVE SENT YOU and be prepared to start a fresh career afterwards.

All you should need is the Esperia mod if you haven't already got it.

Be advised.....the SH3 game engine can be an unforgiving beast, on a good day and it may be the case you will require a fresh install.

Any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck
Hi Jimbuna

Thanks mate. Just a couple of questions though. The Esperia Mod confuses me as it seems to be 1 ship? If I install this ship what about the others ships? I understand your instructions up to that point. Also do I have to download every ship individually or is there a pack of ships for VonDos's Mod?

Cheers again

Rasher
Old 10-04-09, 09:38 AM   #139
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Hi Jimbuna

Thanks mate. Just a couple of questions though. The Esperia Mod confuses me as it seems to be 1 ship? If I install this ship what about the others ships? I understand your instructions up to that point. Also do I have to download every ship individually or is there a pack of ships for VonDos's Mod?

Cheers again

Rasher
The Esperia is a one ship mod.....best you cut yer teeth with that then we can consider adding more ships when you've learned the technique.

Old 10-04-09, 09:55 AM   #140
Rasher
Gunner

Quote:
The Esperia is a one ship mod.....best you cut yer teeth with that then we can consider adding more ships when you've learned the technique.
Ah I see matey

I will try this out later this evening and get back to you. I have quite a few other mods as well, like exhaust mod, lifeboat mod, OLC Gold and a few others. Will I have to completely disable all JSGME Mods and put this one at the start?

Cheers
Old 10-04-09, 01:32 PM   #141
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Ah I see matey

I will try this out later this evening and get back to you. I have quite a few other mods as well, like exhaust mod, lifeboat mod, OLC Gold and a few others. Will I have to completely disable all JSGME Mods and put this one at the start?

Cheers
To give yourself the best possible chance (remember your going to be using the Campaign_SCR from my install) I'd rather you disabled every mod to ensure the Esperia mod works correctly.

I've my legs, arms, fingers, eyes etc. crossed because as I pointed out earlier....the game engine can be a little tempramental

Old 10-04-09, 05:37 PM   #142
Rasher
Gunner

Quote:
To give yourself the best possible chance (remember your going to be using the Campaign_SCR from my install) I'd rather you disabled every mod to ensure the Esperia mod works correctly.

I've my legs, arms, fingers, eyes etc. crossed because as I pointed out earlier....the game engine can be a little tempramental

Hi Jimbuna

Just had a message from WB ref the Emperia Mod you sorted for me, thanks to you both I got it sorted, but I wont test it just yet. I ended up doing a fresh install of SH3 , GWX 3, Sh3 Cmdr and finally Emperia Mod. I have asked WB this question but I'll ask you anyways. Can I now download and install the rest of his ships and update the English Names file as required or will I have to mess about with the Campaign_Scr mis file again after each ship?

Cheers
Old 10-04-09, 05:58 PM   #143
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Hi Jimbuna

Just had a message from WB ref the Emperia Mod you sorted for me, thanks to you both I got it sorted, but I wont test it just yet. I ended up doing a fresh install of SH3 , GWX 3, Sh3 Cmdr and finally Emperia Mod. I have asked WB this question but I'll ask you anyways. Can I now download and install the rest of his ships and update the English Names file as required or will I have to mess about with the Campaign_Scr mis file again after each ship?

Cheers
Just a location to test the campaign file - didn't want it to be a spoiler!

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-09, 06:53 AM   #144
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Hi Jimbuna

Cheers
I'm currently at work but IIRC there may be a standalone mod that includes most of VD's ships in a JSGME friendly format.

The one I'm using is JSGME enabled but it is the version that needs the schleuse sets installing first.

If wanted I can zip both sets of files up for you tonight.

The PM from WB was meant to act as a visual confirmation toward you re the existence of the Esperia.

To do so you will need a little tutorial or explanation regarding the Mission Editor first......again, quite easy and no problem to resolve

Old 10-05-09, 04:08 PM   #145
Rasher
Gunner

Quote:
I'm currently at work but IIRC there may be a standalone mod that includes most of VD's ships in a JSGME friendly format.

The one I'm using is JSGME enabled but it is the version that needs the schleuse sets installing first.

If wanted I can zip both sets of files up for you tonight.

The PM from WB was meant to act as a visual confirmation toward you re the existence of the Esperia.

To do so you will need a little tutorial or explanation regarding the Mission Editor first......again, quite easy and no problem to resolve
Hi Jimbuna

That would be great mate, I checked my Museum with the Emperia and its there so no ctd. I would welcome any help or tuition you can offer! I have already looked at the mission editor. No idea though!¬
Old 10-06-09, 06:16 AM   #146
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Hi Jimbuna

That would be great mate, I checked my Museum with the Emperia and its there so no ctd. I would welcome any help or tuition you can offer! I have already looked at the mission editor. No idea though!¬
I'll get back to you tonight

Old 10-06-09, 02:29 PM   #147
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
I'll get back to you tonight
Okay, you said you've checked and it is in the museum.....that means you have successfully installed it.

Now, presuming you have inserted the text line into the EnglishNames CFG and have backed up your Campaign_SCR file before overwriting with the one I sent you......here is the final test using the mission editor to ensure everything is okay.

Go into the game directory and double click on the mission editor icon....forget the second one, you won't have that.

Click on file then open scripted layer and the picture below should appear after a few seconds.

Click on the hand, this will allow you to drag the screen around by depressing your left mouse button. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
This may take a little practice, but it's worth mastering the operation.

Using the drag feature and the zoom application navigate to Napoli (1)

Change the date to June 1940 (2)

You will notice the Esperia south west of Napoli (3)

Go to the time acceleration machine (4) and click on the play key. You can accelerate or slow down the speed using the + and - keys as well as pause or stop.

Set the speed to a reasonable level (say 256 ish) press the play button and you will see the Esperia as well as any other scripted units in the June 1940 time period follow they're waypoints.

I reckon you'll pick the rest up easy enough from here.

SINK EM ALL!!

Old 10-06-09, 06:21 PM   #148
Rasher
Gunner

Thanks Jimbuna,

I'll check it out later, Got exams this Friday so wont get the chance until weekend now. Cheers again

Rasher
Old 10-07-09, 03:39 AM   #149
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Thanks Jimbuna,

I'll check it out later, Got exams this Friday so wont get the chance until weekend now. Cheers again

Rasher
Your welcome

Old 10-09-09, 06:47 PM   #150
Rasher
Gunner

Quote:
Your welcome

Hi mate, please disregard PM sent, I was being silly

I found her and followed her waypoints, cool. I want to add another now ship or two now, please advise. cheers Jim#

Rasher

Tags
kriegs marine, ocean liners, regia marina, royal hellenic navy, warships