Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-13-08, 03:43 PM   #61
Steel_Tomb
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

:rotfl: :rotfl: Lol, you'll pay for that next time we meet in the air dowly lol.

System Spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz | 4Gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC-2 6400 RAM |
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640mb PCI-E | Creative X-fi sound card | 250Gb HDD |

Rest In Peace Dave, you will be missed.
Steel_Tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 05:58 AM   #62
NiclDoe
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 6

Falcon Punch!!! take that Dowly!:rotfl: :rotfl:
Old 03-14-08, 06:47 AM   #63
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

STEED drops the A-Bomb on it just for a giggle.

And enjoyed the big bang. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bar to be rebuilt so STEED can drop another A-Bomb on it.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-08, 06:49 AM   #64
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Oooh, Mr Steed here is one post away from 10k, congrats in advance!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 06:49 PM   #65
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Right. Continuing the "I F**KING HATE IL2".

Here's a quick summary what happened to me in Ardennes, flying a P51. I attacked an formation of 3 BF109G6's who were flying at ~2000m. I was at 4500m when I started my dive, going at 430km/h. The time I started shooting, I was going at 690km/h and immediatly as I passed the formation, I climbed to 4200m. Next, I lost sight of the 2 remaining 109s just to realise they were both on my tail. Now, that was maybe 2½ minutes after my attack, could some kind soul explain how they managed to climb from 2000m to ~4500m and still have the E left to get on my tail? Remember, I had been flying level for abit over a minute and had my speed back to 400+km/h.

Ok, the next thing is even better. On the next mission, I was outclimbed by a pair of 109s who had been flying straight and level before they spotted me and I had just dived and had tons of E left to climb fast. It's my understanding that only the 190 'Dora' could get even with P51 on a climbing contest, not a fricking 109G6. This happened throughout the mission, even with both plane climbing side by side, stalling at the same time and leveling out at the same time, still, the 109 outclimbed to safety.
Old 03-16-08, 07:22 PM   #66
Dowly
Lucky Jack

You can notice it with pretty much any plane.
Old 03-16-08, 07:27 PM   #67
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

:hmm:this is just me wondering

its either the AI having a FM that is unfair.

or are we really using the maximum out of our aircraft when flying it?
as with complex management you can do more then when its turned off.
(my guess when its turned off the aircraft is just dull, it flies but just on default management)

HunterICX
Old 03-16-08, 07:34 PM   #68
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
:hmm:this is just me wondering

its either the AI having a FM that is unfair.

or are we really using the maximum out of our aircraft when flying it?
as with complex management you can do more then when its turned off.
(my guess when its turned off the aircraft is just dull, it flies but just on default management)

HunterICX
I'm pretty sure it's the AI having somekind of advantage as I dont see this when flying online or in tracks I have of other ppl flying the P51 online and I've read quite a bit of tips & hints about how to fly the P51 with CEM on, so if I'm to believe those tips, I am getting the maximum out of my P51. Also, the P51 can climb in a 90 degree angle straight up for quite some time, way longer than 109.
Old 03-16-08, 07:35 PM   #69
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
You can notice it with pretty much any plane.
Yeah and that pretty much suck big time :p
I've ordered a less than cheap copy of BoB II, I hope it's any better on that matter.
Yes, you can actually climb away from AI in BoBII.
Old 03-17-08, 11:58 AM   #70
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Righto, I've been flying for hours today in P51D-20 against FW190s and me109s and I'm now certain that the AI is a cheating bastard. No matter the skill, average, veteran & ace all outclimbed my P51 from positions like they flying level at 1000m, I diving down from 3500, having speed of 820km/h when starting the climb. They usually dont climb faster than me, but they can keep the climb going longer than me. Pretty nice, taking that they were flying ~400-450km/h against my 820km/h. Stopid.
Old 03-17-08, 12:45 PM   #71
Dowly
Lucky Jack

I'm baaaack! :rotfl:

This time, a veteran Zero outclimbed my P51D-20NT. Now, I know you are thinking Rofl, the fecka just can fly the frigging thing! but the way I fly it, I've learned from the P51 squadron, Pegasus, who from what I've seen, are pretty highly respected group because of their ability to do miracles with the P51.

Oh and the AI is too fecking accurate too.
Old 03-20-08, 09:36 PM   #72
NiclDoe
Grey Wolf

Quote:

Here's a quick summary what happened to me in Ardennes, flying a P51. I attacked an formation of 3 BF109G6's who were flying at ~2000m. I was at 4500m when I started my dive, going at 430km/h. The time I started shooting, I was going at 690km/h and immediatly as I passed the formation, I climbed to 4200m. Next, I lost sight of the 2 remaining 109s just to realise they were both on my tail. Now, that was maybe 2½ minutes after my attack, could some kind soul explain how they managed to climb from 2000m to ~4500m and still have the E left to get on my tail? Remember, I had been flying level for abit over a minute and had my speed back to 400+km/h.

Ok, the next thing is even better. On the next mission, I was outclimbed by a pair of 109s who had been flying straight and level before they spotted me and I had just dived and had tons of E left to climb fast. It's my understanding that only the 190 'Dora' could get even with P51 on a climbing contest, not a fricking 109G6. This happened throughout the mission, even with both plane climbing side by side, stalling at the same time and leveling out at the same time, still, the 109 outclimbed to safety.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Now my part since thats funny. How bout you get a Me 163 or 262 and shoot the middle back of a B17, B24, or B29 and watch the plane shake very weird and never stalls and fall.
Old 03-21-08, 06:26 AM   #73
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiclDoe
Quote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Now my part since thats funny. How bout you get a Me 163 or 262 and shoot the middle back of a B17, B24, or B29 and watch the plane shake very weird and never stalls and fall.
I've seen some weird behaviour from bombers before. More than once I've seen a bomber roll from left to right continuosly, very fast.
Old 03-21-08, 06:18 PM   #74
NiclDoe
Grey Wolf

Bugs Paradise! Stupid Bugs Bunny fooling around.
Old 03-23-08, 02:49 AM   #75
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiclDoe
Bugs Paradise! Stupid Bugs Bunny fooling around.

http://crackle.com/c/Funny/Family_Guy_Disturbing_Cartoon/1770169
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote