Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-19, 08:57 PM   #1
glilley
Loader

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Default Can't Get a TWoS Campaign Started***FIXED***

Got it fixed - removed campaign advance verifier from mod load and now its works fine.

Running Win10 Pro on Inspiron 3670 with Geforce GT 300/2GB as video card.

Here are the TWoS mods I have loaded:
Twos Aspect Ratio Fix 8x5
Twos Campaign Advance Verifier Testing
Twos Map Contact Colors
Twos Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
Twos UI cmd_Auto Target ID

Before downloading and installing TWos and The Wolves of Steel 2.2_Update_v2.2.11 I read in several places that to start a campaign I would need to save the game after arriving at the Uboat pen and reload that save. Of course the latest TWoS tells you to do that, so I do the following:
1. Accept Otto's name as new captain, choose Difficulty as Low and Start Game
2. After a bit the "The internet connection experiences problems, and the current game session was saved. Please wait until the Internet connection is restored or press OK button to return to the main menu" so I hit Escape key and the 5-4-3-2-1-0 count down begins
3. Get message "Campaign advance problem detected. Return to main menu and reload your game save to try again". I click "Accept" and hit Escape and click Save Game
4. I save the game as "Test-1" and exit to main menu
5. At main menu click Reload Game and choose save with name "Test-1" and click "Load Game" and I get a warning that I "will lose all unsaved progress..." and I click "Yes"
6. Saved game loads as 1-3 above, telling me there's a problem and I need to save the game and reload

I have tried this several times even after deleting all saves and starting afresh but no joy. I REALLY think I will enjoy the play and immersion but I can't seem to even get on the boat.

Last edited by glilley; 02-20-20 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Issue fixed.
glilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-19, 09:17 PM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Ok. If you have a campaign advance verifier problem, do not save the game. Wait for the countdown...

Hit escape...

Select return to main menu...

Load back up again.

If you have not had a previous save game, you have to go back to the start and set up a game, and do it over.

You essentially saved a bad game!

This is what I do. Hope it helps you!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 06:37 AM   #3
glilley
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Ok. If you have a campaign advance verifier problem, do not save the game. Wait for the countdown...

Hit escape...

Select return to main menu...

Load back up again.

If you have not had a previous save game, you have to go back to the start and set up a game, and do it over.

You essentially saved a bad game!

This is what I do. Hope it helps you!
That didn't work either. Started new game with new name, count down, hit escape and back to Main menu (not the menu after escape while still in bunker), Load, select "Autosave on Disconnect" (most recent by time stamp), and still get issue - think I will try after removing "campaign advance verifier".
Old 04-20-19, 08:28 AM   #4
glilley
Loader

Default Removing campaign advance verifier did the trick

That did it - after removing campaign advance verifier I can now talk to the mission dude and get started. Thanks to all for help!
Old 04-20-19, 08:32 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi guys
Quote:
campaign advance verifier
I do not see the point in using this at this time.

You have a number of missions to do and will end many patrols before your campaign end date in South Western Approaches.

You do not need to play the game on line.
Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial

Do not forget, you need to make that bunker save before starting your first patrol.

PEter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 09:40 AM   #6
glilley
Loader

Default You Are Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi guys
You have a number of missions to do and will end many patrols before your campaign end date in South Western Approaches.

Do not forget, you need to make that bunker save before starting your first patrol.

PEter
Think I loaded that feature by accident. I played the original Silent Hunter in its day and have been playing SH3 GW and SH4 for years but with SH5 its obvious I'll need to put the training wheels on, swallow my pride and try everything out until I'm comfortable with this new interface.
Old 04-20-19, 09:42 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@Glilley,

Your 1):
Your point 1 is done later. You first must save campaign and leave bunker. Then you reload campaign. You change your game options for the campaign at the very last moment before starting your patrol, not before. The game options you see in the main menu are for historical missions only, they are NOT for the campaign, your campaign gameplay options need to be set in the bunker only.

Always save in a new slot, don't use autosaves, don't overwrite saves, preferably don't use spaces or special characters in the save name.

Your 2):
AFAIK, the game with TWoS installed (or without) is currently NOT online capable, so any messages about internet should not appear, go in the game options and disable all connectivity options etc., all what has to do with multiplayer or internet should be disabled in the options.

Your 3):
This should not happen with the current TWoS install version, you get red messages during your campaign that explain you *exactly* what you need to do to advance in the campaign, follow them to the letter, if you are not able to advance the campaign then most likely you did not follow instructions exactly. Reload a past savegame and do it correctly. AFAIK, the version 2.2.11 is still developed, to be sure you don't have errors, go with the v.2.2.10.

Please tell us more about your 2 & 3 so we can help you.
You find most FAQs about problems in the TWoS documentation, so make a search in the doc and read it.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-20-19 at 09:54 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-19, 10:50 AM   #8
glilley
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
@Glilley,

Your 1):
Your point 1 is done later. You first must save campaign and leave bunker. Then you reload campaign. You change your game options for the campaign at the very last moment before starting your patrol, not before. The game options you see in the main menu are for historical missions only, they are NOT for the campaign, your campaign gameplay options need to be set in the bunker only.

Always save in a new slot, don't use autosaves, don't overwrite saves, preferably don't use spaces or special characters in the save name.

Your 2):
AFAIK, the game with TWoS installed (or without) is currently NOT online capable, so any messages about internet should not appear, go in the game options and disable all connectivity options etc., all what has to do with multiplayer or internet should be disabled in the options.

Your 3):
This should not happen with the current TWoS install version, you get red messages during your campaign that explain you *exactly* what you need to do to advance in the campaign, follow them to the letter, if you are not able to advance the campaign then most likely you did not follow instructions exactly. Reload a past savegame and do it correctly. AFAIK, the version 2.2.11 is still developed, to be sure you don't have errors, go with the v.2.2.10.

Please tell us more about your 2 & 3 so we can help you.
You find most FAQs about problems in the TWoS documentation, so make a search in the doc and read it.

Thanks for your advice! Edited Uplay to play offline and got campaign running now by removing campaign advance verifier. Once I learn how to use all the tools adequately and become a ship-sinking-fool then I'll revisit the campaign advance verifier issue. By then I will have probably figured out what I was doing wrong.
Old 04-20-19, 02:20 PM   #9
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

I see only one problem though. If you remove the verifier, how do you know if your campaign is going to advance properly? I think that’s a VDR question. Hopefully he can shed some light on it.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 06:50 PM   #10
Comodoro
Der Kommodore

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi guys

PEter
you're telling me I don't need this annoying thing to play a full 1939-1945 campaign in TWoS?
Comodoro is offline   Reply With Quote