SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-12, 06:59 AM   #6286
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Hello Knobby,

Very first time I get to hear about this problem so far.
Hope you'll get it solved soon !
Old 03-25-12, 08:30 AM   #6287
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Welcome to Subsim Knobby.

Sorry I can't help. I don't use wide screen mod. Hang in there, help should be along shortly.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 08:43 AM   #6288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Knobby....best if you post your system specs, OS and anything else you may have installed ie: SH3 Commander

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 09:13 AM   #6289
Knobby
Nub

Downloads: 25

Hey guys,
Tnx for the fast replies and offers for help.
I have found a very useful tip from another member in another thread!
Turns out this is a SH3 bug and not a GWX bug.
The way to fix it is to find the save files and rename the career folder to something else. It will then show up as a separate career with the new name and you can load the saves as usual.
For win7 career folder is located in
[Documents]\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\[career name]

Thank god i can now resume my patrol! Racked up some great merchant and warship tonnage on this one!

Also, i'm liking the GWX mod, not quite sure what is new and what has always been in SH3 though, been a while since i last played it :P
Knobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 09:55 AM   #6290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Simply add an 'x' (you can remove it later)....provided you find them of course...good luck.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 11:50 AM   #6291
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
Turns out this is a SH3 bug and not a GWX bug.
That is usually the case.

WELCOME ABOARD!
Old 03-31-12, 05:20 PM   #6292
RootBeer
A-ganger

Downloads: 122
Default Steam version of SH3

I bought SH3 off of Steam, and was wondering how I go about installing GWX? I had SH3 installed, and I had also installed a few other little mods, so I'm currently uninstalling SH3, re-downloading it, and plan on installing GWX. I'm doing this because I assume I need to install GWX in a fresh install of SH3. Any specific instructions on installing GWX for the steam version?

I also downloaded the GWX Additional Ammo, does that give me extra deck and flak gun ammo? If so, how much? And if not, can I still edit some of the cfg files so that I can have a certain amount of ammo? I usually prefer at least double of what's normally available.

I'd like to know as well what the zoom levels are like with GWX. I used to have SH3 installed on my other computer, but recently bought a new one, which is why I had to download off of steam and am installing GWX, and on the other computer I could zoom up to 10x or 12x, plus I could use ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom incrementally. I don't remember which file I edited and what I changed it to though. I'm hoping there is something similar to this in GWX.

Last thing, which other mods are recommended after GWX? And is GWX significantly harder then vanilla SH3?
RootBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 05:35 PM   #6293
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
I bought SH3 off of Steam, and was wondering how I go about installing GWX? I had SH3 installed, and I had also installed a few other little mods, so I'm currently uninstalling SH3, re-downloading it, and plan on installing GWX. I'm doing this because I assume I need to install GWX in a fresh install of SH3. Any specific instructions on installing GWX for the steam version?

When you run the GWX installer it default points to usual SH3 install directory - Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII - You need to point it towards the SH3 exe in your Steam folder

I also downloaded the GWX Additional Ammo, does that give me extra deck and flak gun ammo? If so, how much? And if not, can I still edit some of the cfg files so that I can have a certain amount of ammo? I usually prefer at least double of what's normally available.

Off the top of my head its 250 shells for the DG and 3000 for each of the flak guns
You can edit that yourself but IIRC you will then need to add further slots for the DG as that is the max amount each slot will take and only one on DG

I'd like to know as well what the zoom levels are like with GWX. I used to have SH3 installed on my other computer, but recently bought a new one, which is why I had to download off of steam and am installing GWX, and on the other computer I could zoom up to 10x or 12x, plus I could use ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom incrementally. I don't remember which file I edited and what I changed it to though. I'm hoping there is something similar to this in GWX.

Zoom levels are different to stock but wont be anything near 10x

Last thing, which other mods are recommended after GWX? And is GWX significantly harder then vanilla SH3?
Answers in yellow above

Yes GWX is way harder than stock
Takes longer to load as campaign is way bigger and carries a lot more historical missions on
Ships/aircraft and subs included are way above stock levels as are other land units

As for other mods whats your rigs specs like ? as GWX takes more to run then stock does

If you can run it ok you can add on this

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21474...ra_ships_V7_7z

Adds in new ports at Wilhelmshaven and St Naz as well as Schleuse locks on Kiel canal and Germany has its own merc units no one else does and a myriad other enhancements

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 05:41 PM   #6294
RootBeer
A-ganger

It's a laptop, but I just bought it a couple of days ago. Intel Core i5-2450M, GeForce 610M with 1gb dedicated RAM, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB harddrive. Huge step up from my last sack of crap laptop. The new one runs SH3 at full with no problems at all. It also runs SH5 at Medium with a few custom tweaks. Does GWX need more then SH5?

And what about crew fatigue? Can I still use SH3 Commander to turn crew fatigue off?

Edit: I see you answered me in my other thread about the crew fatigue, so thanks again.

Last edited by RootBeer; 03-31-12 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 05:49 PM   #6295
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Quote:
It's a laptop, but I just bought it a couple of days ago. Intel Core i5-2450M, GeForce 610M with 1gb dedicated RAM, 8GB RAM, and a 1TB harddrive. Huge step up from my last sack of crap laptop. The new one runs SH3 at full with no problems at all. It also runs SH5 at Medium with a few custom tweaks. Does GWX need more then SH5?

And what about crew fatigue? Can I still use SH3 Commander to turn crew fatigue off?
No GWX needs less than SH5 to run so you will be ok with the schleuse etc mod enabled

Yep to commander with the GWX specific cfgs

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4h2apre0nb607m

Old 03-31-12, 09:43 PM   #6296
RootBeer
A-ganger

I asked this in my other thread, but what's the install order after SH3 and GWX? Is SH3 Commander next, then the SH3 Commander Cfg files?
Old 03-31-12, 10:05 PM   #6297
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I asked this in my other thread, but what's the install order after SH3 and GWX? Is SH3 Commander next, then the SH3 Commander Cfg files?
Replied in other thread

Old 04-04-12, 10:57 AM   #6298
odinds
Watch

Downloads: 232

Greetings to all.

As you can see i'm new to this site, so I just want to say that GWX is by far one of the best sims, if not THE best ive come across.

So, to the reason of this post..... Ive been trundling through the mods for GWX to 'enhance' it...... not that it needs much.. and was wondering if there's any extra missions for the career, like in SH4 where there's the special op's ect. it'd be nice to get in on the action to defend the bismark while in career, rather than in singles. im also wondering what you more veteren subsimmers would recommend (mod wise) for GWX, as im adding and deleting mods all the while trying to get a good balance. i'd like more of a variety of shipping to send to the seabed (both merc and war) as well as better graphical enhancements. also, i like playing as historically accurate as poss, so are there any realistic aids that can be used? (like for torp solutiuons, AoB, that kind of thing)..... i just want get as much full immersion and enjoyment out of this game as i can.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice rendered, and im sorry for the noobness of my query, i know you guys have probably given out said advice a thousand times..... frustrating much? lol, so once more would be gratefully appreciated.
odinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 11:12 AM   #6299
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

There are hundreds of small mods that work well with GWX. It all comes down to personal choice, but you can look many of them over here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170090

Only one is absolutely essential, though - SH3 Commander. It's not a mod but an external tool that will add to your career the way supermods add to the game itself.
Old 04-04-12, 12:13 PM   #6300
odinds
Watch

Downloads: 232

Thank yee for the reply.

Ive already got SH commander up and running, with WB's SH3 Cmdr Mod v0.7 and its sub mods. With GWX ive got Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2, GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010, Q Ship mod GWX3.0, as well as some of the sub mods that come with GWX 3.0. I tried to get the GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7 mod to run but found it CTD when it was applied, gave up on that after tinkering with screen res's with no joy, as i believe V5 of that mod is included in Ace's combi mod.

Thanks and cheers for the link i shall get some tweaks soon... oh, btw, are there any decent, working mods for a playable destroyer or light cruiser, career playable that is?
odinds is offline   Reply With Quote