Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-18, 04:46 PM   #1
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default What?!?!?

OK, need some help or a hint...

I started the Baltic Operations mission and successfully sailed from Memel along a plotted course to the designated operations area. Once there, I used the search patrol area script and in the middle of the night I encountered two warships (stopped the script to intercept them), apparently Polish destroyers, but was not clear on how to identify and report them.

So, I saved the game with a new name, exited to Windows and went looking through the forums for guidance on "how to...". I found what I needed and went back to start the patrol from the save between "choose mission" and "start mission", not the save during the night when I found the DDs. Suddenly I was racing out of the bunker at Standard speed and diving to 32 meters. Crashed into the bottom at the far shore, rolled over and sank...end of my "promising" career...but not before I discovered that the search patrol area script was turned on. What?!?!?

So, I closed up shop and went to have lunch. Came back and restarted my career from the very beginning, Autosave entering port, selected the same mission, saved and exited, restarted, loaded the save and started the mission and headed out to the designated patrol area again...checked to make sure the search script was not turned on. Saved with a new name and exited the game about half way to the patrol area..."honeydo" list took precedence. I came back and started the save and bingo...I'm diving to 32 meters, the script is turned on again.

Can anyone tell me what did I/am I doing wrong?

Oh...using TWoS 2.2.7...loving it (if I can just figure out some of these little surprises)!

Last edited by CaptBones; 10-06-18 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Afterthought...
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 05:06 PM   #2
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Did you remove the search patrol area from the right side of the screen ?

Old 10-07-18, 02:38 AM   #3
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

That is weird

I always save with automatics script turned on (real nav plot points) and when reload last save, the auto script is always off and i have to activate it each time.

I’m afraid only Vecko can help you on this one...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 06:31 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

I’m afraid only Vecko can help you on this one...
I'd really wish to but I honestly never encountered similar issue nor it had been reported... I just don't see any way possible for automation scripts to "arm" them self without players knowledge...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 09:06 AM   #5
Ashikaga
Commodore

Might have something to do with the travel mode always on in the OFEV
list from what I saw yesterday when editing my preferences.

Also check what it says in the automated scripts settings there.

Ashikaga.
Old 10-07-18, 11:13 AM   #6
CaptBones
The Old Man

Default Aha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
Might have something to do with the travel mode always on in the OFEV
list from what I saw yesterday when editing my preferences.

Also check what it says in the automated scripts settings there.

Ashikaga.
That might be it...

Travel Mode enabled was checked in OFEV and there was an Automations Script Hotkey enabled...the "X" key...the search scripts are "available" on the right-hand side of the script activation box.

I can't recall exactly when, but I used the "X" key to follow a contact while I was practicing making an approach and developing a firing solution. Is it possible that the save file "remembered" the "X" hotkey was used and activated the search script because Travel mode was also automatically activated when I reloaded those saves?

Fifi's comment tells me there might be some sort of saved file "memory" issue there.

I'll uncheck Travel Mode enabled at start and also uncheck the Automation hotkey...we'll see what happens. Thanks for the responses and helpful hints guys...you all rock!

BTW...what would happen if I just uninstalled UPLAY? I run it in offline mode only and have no use for it other than starting SH5 and I recall that I uninstalled it after my SH4 Mega-mods (TMO and OPMonsun) started up perfectly well without it. It was reinstalled by SH5, but I really really want to avoid it and get rid of it if at all possible.

Old 10-07-18, 01:08 PM   #7
Fifi
Navy Seal

I think you need Uplay to launch SH5 in anyway

Might be a shame but have to deal with it.
Old 10-07-18, 03:28 PM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Anyone can disable Uplay browser by activating manually appropriate patches found in TDW's Generic File Patcher. In this case, normal campaign chapters transfer will not work but this can be easily bypassed with my "Alternative campaign progression" tutorial (TWoS documentation).

Or you can just enable uplay again when you are near campaign transfer date and problem solved...
Old 10-08-18, 09:52 AM   #9
CaptBones
The Old Man

Default Thanks again vdr!

Aha...found it. Was searching fruitlessly for that "manually appropriate" patch, when it occurred to me it might be in one of the "Advanced Users" collections. I would never consider myself an "advanced user" so never looked there before; but there it is! Now the question is, will I be brave enough to try it? Maybe after I get some more "time in the saddle".

Meanwhile, I was looking at your other post concerning the "Leaderboard"...is that the same thing as "otto's chalkboard"?

Update to my original issue...
I decided to start all over again and deleted all the saves, deleted the career, went into the "SH5/data/cfg" folder and cleaned up the "progress" file and deleted both the "save" and "replay" files. I even manually deleted the career name folders in the SH5/data/users folder and then wiped everything clean with CCleaner (and my old trusty "Evidence Eliminator").

Being curious but "reckless", I went into the Ubisoft/Uplay folder in C:Program Files (X86) and deleted the "3" folder inside the registry folder in the "savegame" folder. I wonder if that's where Uplay "fetches" the saved game from when it says it's downloading them from the server (I'm in offline mode...what "server" is it "downloading" from?)...and then I wonder if that is an "autosave" folder that corrupts/overwrites data in the saves in the Documents/SH5 saved game folders. I don't know...but anyway...

Then I started a new campaign and so far everything is working well. BTW, I noticed that when I started the new campaign and walked into the bunker to ask good old "Georg" for my orders, that my boat was fully surfaced. When I went back to start the mission, it was decks awash again...nice of the repair department "QA" guys to be doing their testing...I just wish they would get it all done before I try to get onboard and get underway.
Old 10-08-18, 10:36 AM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBones View Post
Aha...found it. Was searching fruitlessly for that "manually appropriate" patch, when it occurred to me it might be in one of the "Advanced Users" collections. I would never consider myself an "advanced user" so never looked there before; but there it is! Now the question is, will I be brave enough to try it? Maybe after I get some more "time in the saddle".

Meanwhile, I was looking at your other post concerning the "Leaderboard"...is that the same thing as "otto's chalkboard"?

Update to my original issue...
I decided to start all over again and deleted all the saves, deleted the career, went into the "SH5/data/cfg" folder and cleaned up the "progress" file and deleted both the "save" and "replay" files. I even manually deleted the career name folders in the SH5/data/users folder and then wiped everything clean with CCleaner (and my old trusty "Evidence Eliminator").

Being curious but "reckless", I went into the Ubisoft/Uplay folder in C:Program Files (X86) and deleted the "3" folder inside the registry folder in the "savegame" folder. I wonder if that's where Uplay "fetches" the saved game from when it says it's downloading them from the server (I'm in offline mode...what "server" is it "downloading" from?)...and then I wonder if that is an "autosave" folder that corrupts/overwrites data in the saves in the Documents/SH5 saved game folders. I don't know...but anyway...

Then I started a new campaign and so far everything is working well. BTW, I noticed that when I started the new campaign and walked into the bunker to ask good old "Georg" for my orders, that my boat was fully surfaced. When I went back to start the mission, it was decks awash again...nice of the repair department "QA" guys to be doing their testing...I just wish they would get it all done before I try to get onboard and get underway.
No , not the "chalkboard" but never mind...

I forgot to tell that the Uplay patches are located in "TDW_SH5_Patches.s5p/Advanced" section, sorry about that...
I don't think you can "brake" anything which can not be fixed later by simple game/mod re installation, if necessary... You should give it a go IMO.
Old 10-08-18, 12:41 PM   #11
Fifi
Navy Seal

If i remember well, there are 3 patches concerning the Uplay in the advanced users (called the orbit listener?)
Only one didn’t broke my game. The last one if i recall...
The others enabled i couldn’t load any save
So i gave up, and deactivated all, as previously.
Old 10-08-18, 08:55 PM   #12
Ashikaga
Commodore

Never used uplay at all in the game.