SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-18, 09:53 AM   #1
Cordite12
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Issues with the steam version and GWX

Hey All! I am new to Silent Hunter III And I have been having some issues with getting it to work and would really appreciate your help. Beside technical difficulties I've really been enjoying the game!

I, in m infinite ignorance bought the steam version of the game which many others apparently have also been having issues with. However I did not find any posts that described quite what I was experiencing with my setup.

When I install the game fresh and download GWX again I experience no crashes and both the game and GWX load and work like they should. However, after a few patrols I will load a save and it is very laggy and unresponsive. Everytime I can note that some of the models in the periscope room are missing, most notably crew members heads. If I switch to the map with f5 the lag goes away and the game becomes responsive again as if nothing was wrong.

The issues in the periscope room persist if i switch back there. However, perhaps the most crippling issue is, when I switch to outside view or any view that needs to render the outside of the submarine the game becomes extremely laggy and unresponsive. Models, such as the submarine and the crew on the tower render normally but water and ground do not render at all. Instead, it's all replaced with black. In ports like Wilhelmshaven some brick walls also render.

The only fix I've found thus far is uninstalling SHIII and GWX and do a fresh install on both, but as you can imagine this gets quite tedious to do after every few patrols. Closing the game and reopening the save does not help and the issue also exists in one-off missions when it starts occurring.

I have no other mods installed except GWX 3.0 gold. I got my copy of GWX from here http://www.thegreywolves.com/ . I installed GWX on top of a fresh install and I'm playing on a desktop with a NVIDIA GPU and an intel cpu.
Cordite12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 10:31 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Cordite12!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote