SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-12, 09:58 AM   #1441
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Have you received an anonymous note from a courier that says "We know"? Don't worry, you will. Then it's just a matter of how long you can go without taking a nap. .
Werewolves don't sleep
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 10:11 AM   #1442
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
Werewolves don't sleep
If by that you mean that you choose never to use the Sleep function in an available bed or other accommodation, then you won't come into direct contact with the DB (other than receiving the warning note mentioned above, or being attacked by unnamed assassins). You'll never be given the opportunity to join them or destroy them. That questline just won't ever be completed. There is only one way to advance it now, and never sleeping will prevent that from happening.

If however you're just referring to the fact that being a werewolf denies you the Rested and Well Rested bonuses when you do sleep, then that won't make any difference where the DB questline is involved. If you find a bed/hayroll/etc. and opt to sleep, not getting the full benefit of the snooze is irrelevant in this case.

Altho IIRC, if you never report back to the kid in Windhelm that you killed Grelod and receive payment from him, things never advance to the stage where the DB contacts you at all. But since you said the quest was marked off as complete I'm assuming you did that, in which case it's only a matter of time or of you choosing to never ever ever sleep again as your current character, werewolf or no.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 10:15 AM   #1443
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
If by that you mean that you choose never to use the Sleep function in an available bed or other accommodation, then you won't come into direct contact with the DB (other than receiving the warning note mentioned above, or being attacked by unnamed assassins). You'll never be given the opportunity to join them or destroy them. That questline just won't ever be completed. There is only one way to advance it now, and never sleeping will prevent that from happening.

If however you're just referring to the fact that being a werewolf denies you the Rested and Well Rested bonuses when you do sleep, then that won't make any difference where the DB questline is involved. If you find a bed/hayroll/etc. and opt to sleep, not getting the full benefit of the snooze is irrelevant in this case.

Altho IIRC, if you never report back to the kid in Windhelm that you killed Grelod and receive payment from him, things never advance to the stage where the DB contacts you at all. But since you said the quest was marked off as complete I'm assuming you did that, in which case it's only a matter of time or of you choosing to never ever ever sleep again as your current character, werewolf or no.
Ive came to the conclusion that the DB is actually Freddie Kruger in disguise.
Old 03-13-12, 10:22 AM   #1444
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Ive came to the conclusion that the DB is actually Freddie Kruger in disguise.

Also: here is a summary, in dialogue form, of my current feelings about the Thieves Guild.

Delvin: I need you to go to Windhelm and steal 500 septims' worth of merchandise.

Me: Really? That's, like, the third time this week.

Delvin: Just do it or you'll never be Guildmaster.

Me: I've got 10,000 septims on me right now. How 'bout I just give you the lousy 500 and we call it even?

Delvin: ...

Me: *rolls eyes*

Yeah, not much liking this at all. It's a lot of piddly jobs that have to be done to get anywhere. And I'm afraid to advance the main storyline any further because I don't know if that'll make it impossible for me to get any more side jobs until it's finished, and then... what? I'm back to running all over Skyrim planting junk in people's houses and stealing stuff that's worth less than what I can get by raiding one decent bandit lair?
Old 03-13-12, 10:48 AM   #1445
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:

They can also kidnap you if you use the wait function as well.
Old 03-13-12, 10:56 AM   #1446
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
They can also kidnap you if you use the wait function as well.
I did not know that, but it makes sense. When waiting you are basically just loitering motionless in one spot, so why wouldn't a skilled ninja-like stalker be able to bag you and whisk you away?

Lol, I still feel bad for Vilkas from the first time it happened, I mean he's arguably the most skilled of the Companions and they stole his fair wife out of their home and their bed when he was sleeping right next to her. Served me right for taking him out of follower mode, not that it would have made any difference to the abduction part except he would've bloody been there when I went running out of the shack in a fright because of what I'd just done (killed Astrid, not knowing where I was or if there would be other DBers nearby) and it was pitch black outside and I was immediately attacked by frostbite spiders AND a dragon.

Thankfully I'd been carrying the Sanguine Rose with me and to be fair I'm pretty sure it was the dremora who killed Astrid. Anyway he was still tagging along when the dragon hit. It may have been attacking the spiders or vice versa, all I know is I saw very little of anything but when it was over everything was dead but me.
Old 03-14-12, 04:10 PM   #1447
Task Force
Rear Admiral

So I was at Whiterun, walking out, going to my horse.

Get to the stables to find my Horse, a dog, and a guard fighting each other. needless to say my horse disabled god mode, and died...

damn... Now Im going to have to walk to the other end of the map...
Old 03-14-12, 06:37 PM   #1448
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Skyrim 1.5 details leaked - bugfixes and killcams for magic and arrows
http://wolfsgamingblog.com/2012/03/0...ails-revealed/

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 10:14 AM   #1449
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Damn you Mookie for posting that Lore forums link. Now I can't get anything done.

Anyhoo I thought some of these

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/135...mper-stickers/

were funny.

"Altmer and Loving It"

"Keep honking, my magicka is recharging"

"Talos saves, Zenithar invests"

Although they seemed to have missed the most obvious one...

"SHOUT HAPPENS"
Old 03-15-12, 10:36 AM   #1450
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

"My Other Car is Called Muatra"

Baaahahahahaha....It's funny because Muatra is Vivec's....err....it's an allegorical reference to his.... ah....

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 03-15-12, 04:33 PM   #1451
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Brutality: watch Skyrim update 1.5***8242;s new kill cams in action

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 04:45 PM   #1452
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Beside making contact with the DB, I wonder if sleeping in beds has any noticable effect in the game at all? In practical reality, the theoretical claim on how it benefits the player imho is pretty much - meaningless. I almost never do sleep in beds, I only sometime accelerate time to jump to 9 a.m. to make the shops open.
Old 03-15-12, 06:49 PM   #1453
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Other than the experience bonus after sleeping, dont think it does much.
Old 03-15-12, 08:24 PM   #1454
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Sleeping in a bed gives you the rested bonus which is a +5% to your skills progression for 8 hours.

Sleeping in a bed you own or have rented in an inn gives you the same bonus only +10%

Sleeping in the same bed as your spouse if you're married gives you a +15% bonus

And kill cams? Was I the only one who found them very annoying? Even more of them is not much of an improvement for me...

Old 03-15-12, 08:31 PM   #1455
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Yeah, you will "learn" your skills faster if you are Well Rested, don't know if just Rested also counts for that or just has a lower bonus. [Edit: Mookie to the rescue!] So whatever you do successfully in the period during which the bonus applies (so many hours after you get up, I guess) advances you a little more quickly to the next level in the corresponding skill.

I never slept much in my previous character after I leveled up a lot, but I'm doing it now, generally because so many of my quests involve sneaking around at night and once I'm done bartering and crafting and making contact with any NPCs I need or want to talk to, there's nothing much to do but sleep the rest of the day away.

One nice thing about being awake and active at night, is that I can finish a job and then get to the nearest city with all my stuff before the open crafting stations are busy (smithies are closed for business, etc.) and do any work before I have to dodge shoppers and merchants or compete with artisans for their workspaces.

Also, funny follower moment of the day: went to RatsI'mBald or whatever that Dwemer ruin is to fulfill some DB contract paid for by a conned and jilted ex-lover of one of the dudes hanging out there. Chamber where he's at is also full of other bandits and the like, including one boss bandit chief in Steel Plate (gawd I hate those guys). He was actually the second one in that ruin, too. Must've been having a convention. I nail the primary target whilst hiding on the ledge above with one arrow and they do not take kindly to it AT ALL.

Anyway I've got some space left in the ol' rucksack for extra loot and we aren't too far from Windhelm where I can sell it all off, so I figure WTH and get a second fatal hit with another arrow on one of the lesser hostiles but the rest come running and I have to switch to shield and 1H. And at one point I had to run down the stairs to get away from the bandit chief long enough to not die while I guzzled some health potions for a second round of melee. I jump down the last bit which gives me a bit of an edge, and by the time I turn around Marcurio has recovered from being downed temporarily, killed the rest of the bandits, and unleashed a devastating attack on the chief to the point where all I have to do is bash him once with the shield and smack him upside the helmet with my Elven Mace of How Does It Feel To Be Set On Fire, Not So Good, Huh? and he's down for the count.

To make a long story short way after the possibility of that has up and disappeared like the Deep Ones, it got pretty hairy but the forces of righteousness - well, okay, not so much that as your friendly neighborhood thief and assassin - eventually triumphed through a clever combination of skill, effort, and desperate flight from the field of battle while somebody else did the heavy lifting.

About the time I realize Bandit Chief Burnt To A Crisp is finally dead, I look up to see the Magigolo standing there and he just says, all cool like,

"You know, the Dwemer were well known for their use of ingenious traps. I'd be careful walking around in here."

Or something to that effect, I can't remember the exact words. But I lolled because after all of that he's just giving me a lecture on Dwemer technology and its associated perils all cool as a cucumber.

Edit: oh and I just bought the "services" of the cute widdle war doggie from the Markarth Stables so I'm off to investigate "friendly fire" mods to keep him from eating Marcurio the first time we encounter Forsworn on the way home. I'm curious to see if this guy lasts longer than the strays I've picked up, their lifespan with me can usually be counted off in New York Minutes.