SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-17, 01:38 AM   #5116
maxswain
Seaman

Downloads: 361
Uploads: 0

You must play this now it's a masterpiece of all the things you ever wanted in a sub sim! Download it poor a drink and hold on. Great job to the team that put this together Thank you!
maxswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 11:56 AM   #5117
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

May or may not be a bug. However I consider this unrealistic. I have read about the whole AI running below half max speed sonar detection issue and I think I understand what was said about it. Running a (post download lockdown) version 0.63 FOTRSU and no other mods. 12.23.1941 @ 19:22 hrs. Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of area marked "SA" on the map. Aboard a Tambor sonar reports merchant contact. Free camera, and later visual ID, identify this ship as a lone Big Modern Troop Transport that is steaming roughly SSW at 6.5 knots. I turn to close on the target and eventually sink the ship. Sonar continues to report contact throughout the entire event. Now for the weird part. At no point, during multiple attempts, am I able to go to the sonar station and get the green lamp to light up during a manual sweep. I can, however, consistently get my sonar man to report contact when I click the sweep button. This happened surfaced, decks awash, and submerged.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 12:15 PM   #5118
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

For me, the really unrealistic part of that encounter there Immelmann, is the Troop Transport being by itself... It was Japanese, correct?... - wouldn't want you sinking any Aussies...

CapnScurvy is deep into the issue with the Sonar, and last word from him was that he was going into a testing phase. Hopefully, he'll have a "fix" that really does the trick.

In the meantime, I'm going in to look at where you were. When you say " Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of area marked "SA" on the map", are you referring to the designated map area SA? or are you looking at a map location "name" that SA in it? I'm assuming that you started in Manila?

When you went to the Sonar Station, did you use the mouse wheel to point the sonar head close to the last bearing report from the Sonarman? You'll see the little arrow indicator spin around as you move the mouse wheel... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 12:19 PM   #5119
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxswain View Post
You must play this now it's a masterpiece of all the things you ever wanted in a sub sim! Download it poor a drink and hold on. Great job to the team that put this together Thank you!
Thank you, overly kind sir! - it's still a work-in-progress, and we hope to get it whipped into even better shape! With the teammates we have, not a problem!

Old 08-05-17, 10:44 PM   #5120
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It was Japanese, correct?... - wouldn't want you sinking any Aussies...

When you say " Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of area marked "SA" on the map", are you referring to the designated map area SA? or are you looking at a map location "name" that SA in it? I'm assuming that you started in Manila?

When you went to the Sonar Station, did you use the mouse wheel to point the sonar head close to the last bearing report from the Sonarman? You'll see the little arrow indicator spin around as you move the mouse wheel... ??

I'm assuming that you started in Manila?
White flag, red meatball. Japanese merchant. I had received the radio message about all the Allied POWs taken by the Japanese at Wake very recently. But I looked at the distance and time since message and decided that not enough time had passed for that ship to have Allied POWs on it. So down she went.

I should have said "Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of the letters "SA" on the map.

Mouse wheel you say? I'll have to try that. No, what I was doing was asking for him to report contacts, making note of the bearing, and then left mouse clicking in the black outer dial area to cause the head to sweep across the bearing of the contact. No green lamp and no sound. My own screws, however, were lighting the green lamp and producing a sound. On bearing 180 of course.

Pearl is home base. Departed December 8th and made maximum speed to Midway. Topped off fuel and proceeded to the encounter that I have described at a fuel economy speed of 10-11 knots.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 08-05-17 at 10:52 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 01:37 AM   #5121
maxswain
Seaman

This mod rocks! I haven't played SH4 for a long time and never on windows 10.
I discovered the game would not play unless you install outside the program files menu(x86). I installed in the game in Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific. I needed to start game once and it will fail to play but create a folder in the Documents folder. You can now edit the SH4/cfg/main/ and in SH4 Data/cfg/main make sure they match. if it fails again check to make sure both files match and you will be good to go.
[VIDEO]
FullScreen=No

Now the game will start in windowed mode where you can adjust graphic settings and set to full screen quit and game will play normally on start up.

I have a question of my own? It is not this mod but on the stock game of SH4 Gold Edition and after installing FOTRS I have deck crew with no eyes! I remember years ago this issue but not with Gold Edition. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by maxswain; 08-07-17 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-06-17, 02:39 PM   #5122
propbeanie

Deck crew with no eyes was an old issue with v1.4... I'm not sure if there was ever a "cure", but there were a few ways to restore the eyes... When you get that in v1.5, it is oftentimes a "mod soup" issue, where something isn't merged in correctly, or perhaps you opened a "Save" from stock in FotRSU, or something similar, and are now cross-contaminated? If neither of those apply, de-activate the mod in JSGME, and see what the crew looks like in stock again, then re-enable the mod. If no change, and you don't have anything that you want to save, like a partial career, then you could try to delete the Save folder in My Documents / SH4 folder, which resets the game to it's "default..." settings. You'll have to re-set your video display. As you go to do that, look at the crew first, and see what their eyes look like, then look at them again afterwards...

Old 08-06-17, 03:38 PM   #5123
maxswain
Seaman

Thank you for your help! I noticed it in the stock SH4 Gold fresh install no mods. After I install FOTRSUP I can use free camera and zoom up slowly and see for one frame the eyes are in there but are not rendered properly. The only thing I did differently when install is check the cfg main file in main game folder and documents to set equal and windowed mode so I could get the game to run and adjust settings in game so it would play in 2560x1440. I tried Nvidia settings but to no avail. I reinstalled game to no avail. I know this is not a FOTRS issue so I very much appreciate your help. I remember this issue many years back in stock game but thought it was fixed in gold edition.
Old 08-06-17, 04:10 PM   #5124
propbeanie

OK, a few other things to try:

1. If you haven't done it yet, try reading CapnScurvy's write-up on LAA Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. It's about Windows 10 and LAA, but applies for any 64-bit Windows with 4Gig or more of RAM.

2. Go to your game folder, and right-click on SH4.EXE, and choose "Properties" from the context menu that comes up. Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". You could also try the "Run this program as an administrator".

3. Last (for now) and certainly not least, where did you get your game from, and is it download or disk? What disk / folder did you install the game to?

Old 08-06-17, 05:30 PM   #5125
maxswain
Seaman

I purchased it disk Gold Edition off Amazon years ago and it did have eyes with last GPU. I upgraded my GPU to GTX 1070 and windows 10 that's the only difference. I neglected to say that I did apply the large address aware tframework. I installed the game in my games folder so I could edit them. I set exe file to run as administrator. I wounder if it's not my GTX 1070 but it's a massively common card so other people would be missing eyes on the conning tower too. I have eyes down below just none outside the boat. Thank you for your tips and I tried them but no snake eyes!

Last edited by maxswain; 08-06-17 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-06-17, 09:07 PM   #5126
propbeanie

Ratz on the no snake eyes... You're good to go on the install, and the card is not the issue. I would be more inclined to blame Windows 10. Do you have the last major update applied (creator??)? THEBERBSTER has a bit on that in his post SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT ... in the first link on that page there. Read through it, and see if you think it applies. I don't really, but then again, I don't have SH4 running on Win10.

Old 08-07-17, 12:17 AM   #5127
maxswain
Seaman

Eye Patch for missing eyes for 1.5, RFB & TMO (4.65 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...d=747&act=down

I discovered something interesting after many hours of looking over old post and threads. This problem tends to rear it's evil head with many different issues
and was difficult to pin down but was finally narrowed down to two files Data/Library/Characters/MARINE.dat and in TMO MARINE2.dat a patch was created with issues I think. I tried these patches and the TMO patch worked I have Eyes above as below! I layed this over FOTRSUP with JSGME. Now will there be issues I don't know and will report any if I find them. I do believe it is something with windows 10 but the TMO patch in this mod did restore the eyes! I think I lost the officers Caps but I'lll take that over the eyes. Iv'e seen officers do as they will on long deployments first hand. I've never seen a sailor without his cover!

Last edited by maxswain; 08-07-17 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-07-17, 03:56 AM   #5128
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1
Default A small Upgrade for Ships

Hello Captains,

first of all thank you for your great work, for giving FOTRS a second live.
It is nice to know that this powerfull community ist still living.
Our german group AOTD is breaking a part, it is not longer existing, same to the german site "Marinesims".

A big problem in germany is, we are losing our culture and roots but its a political problem that we should not discuss here in this forum.

In the past ive did some small changes on some ships for FOTRS V2.0. which i wanne give you to implement this ships in FOTRSU if you want.

11 Ships are involved.

- USS Nevada now got glasses in the bridge and better painting ( Masts )
- USS Pennsylvania got some changes
- USS Baltimore got some changes ( Glasses on the Flybridge )
- USS Northampton a bit reworked
- USS Pensacola Versions got Glasses
- USS Portland reworked
- USS Cleveland reworked
- IJN Kamikaze with reworked Bridge
- IJN Yugumo got a reworked stern
- NPL Hap got some small changes on Bridge
- Some US-BB-Guns changed with catapult-planes on turrets

Please notice that this ships should be converted to FOTRSU, its not proved that they will work in FOTRSU cause they made for FOTRS V2.0 SH4 V1.4.

Link for Download :
https://www.file-upload.net/download...grade.rar.html

Best regards from germany

Maddy
Old 08-07-17, 05:34 AM   #5129
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax View Post
Hello Captains,

first of all thank you for your great work, for giving FOTRS a second live.
It is nice to know that this powerfull community ist still living.
Our german group AOTD is breaking a part, it is not longer existing, same to the german site "Marinesims".

A big problem in germany is, we are losing our culture and roots but its a political problem that we should not discuss here in this forum.

In the past ive did some small changes on some ships for FOTRS V2.0. which i wanne give you to implement this ships in FOTRSU if you want.

11 Ships are involved.

- USS Portland reworked
- USS Cleveland reworked

Please notice that this ships should be converted to FOTRSU, its not proved that they will work in FOTRSU cause they made for FOTRS V2.0 SH4 V1.4.

Link for Download :

Maddy

Thanks Max. When you say Pensacola got glasses. Do you mean glass around the bridge or ?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 08:03 AM   #5130
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxswain View Post
Eye Patch for missing eyes for 1.5, RFB & TMO (4.65 MB)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...d=747&act=down

I discovered something interesting after many hours of looking over old post and threads. This problem tends to rear it's evil head with many different issues
and was difficult to pin down but was finally narrowed down to two files Data/Library/Characters/MARINE.dat and in TMO MARINE2.dat a patch was created with issues I think. I tried these patches and the TMO patch worked I have Eyes above as below! I layed this over FOTRSUP with JSGME. Now will there be issues I don't know and will report any if I find them. I do believe it is something with windows 10 but the TMO patch in this mod did restore the eyes! I think I lost the officers Caps but I'lll take that over the eyes. Iv'e seen officers do as they will on long deployments first hand. I've never seen a sailor without his cover!
I'll take a look at the ability to merge the two files together......we might be able to have the "eye fix" added to the Fotrs Ultimate files and still not lose what's in the Ultimate modification.

=====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax

11 Ships are involved.

- USS Portland reworked
- USS Cleveland reworked

Link for Download :

Maddy
Thank you Maddy! We will implement them into Ultimate.

It's so good to hear from you.

There's always a place for you here with us!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 08-07-17 at 08:14 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote