SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-09, 08:58 AM   #91
briyeo
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Im thinking of Modding my game as below, firstly is that advisable?

TMO 17
OM V700
Omv700 Patch3

Would the TMO eyepatch still work if required?
Old 04-12-09, 09:11 AM   #92
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

The eye patch shouldn't interfere with OM, so it should be fine.
Old 04-12-09, 01:34 PM   #93
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Yep, RFB. I wasn't sure about their hats so I'm also using John Hamm's Hats and Uniforms mods. His Uniform mod puts the proper insignia and patches on the shirts as well (not on the one in that picture, though). It's fun for an old sailor to see the PO stripes and officer's collar pins.
Hello Sailor Steve,

Are you talking about John W. Hamm's R.U.I.M. v1.0 for SH4 1.4 & 1.5? Because if you search for his older Hats and Uniforms Mod you can't download it as there is no link and it says it's been superseded by R.U.I.M.

Just asking because inquiring minds want to know for certain if this works ok with R.U.I.M. !

-----------------------------------------

Fantastic Mod Nisgeis! If there's one thing that really bothered me about SH IV, it had to be the eyes going back behind their eye sockets! And having them look straight ahead is very nice too.

Cheers
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 04-12-09 at 01:49 PM.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 02:03 PM   #94
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by briyeo View Post
Im thinking of Modding my game as below, firstly is that advisable?

TMO 17
OM V700
Omv700 Patch3

Would the TMO eyepatch still work if required?
Hi briyeo,

You should be fine. Here's my(more complex) install order listed below and it's working fine for me. I alos have a few other mods installed but I consider this to be my base installation.

Also, if you're using TMO 1.7 and going to play the U-Boats in Ops Monsun you'll probably want to get the TMO_Enable_Uboat_V4.7z mod if you don't already have it. You can find it here

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_17
MaxOptics & SCAF fix TMO1.7_41109
RSRDC_TMOv163_V410
RSRDC_V410_Patch2B
OpsMonsun_V700
OM_V700_Patch3
#1 Real Environment mod install
#4 Ships_Reflect and Caustic_Environment Mod 5.1
Lite Fog (made by Vikinger for what some consider to be a slight fog issue in Real Evironment v1.0)
Eye Patch for TMO v1.7

Cheers and Good Hunting
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
Old 04-13-09, 04:12 AM   #95
briyeo
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Thanks for the help chaps I have downloaded TMO_Enable_Uboat_V4.7z OneTinSoldier what does it actualy do?

Last edited by briyeo; 04-13-09 at 04:48 AM.
briyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 08:25 AM   #96
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

This is from a year ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
I’ve just uploaded a new version of “TMO_Enable_Uboat”. The difference between version 3 and this new version 4 is minor, but it now allows you to switch between RSDRC and OM without having to de-install OM. Here's the install order

TMO
RSRDC V371
RSRDC V371 Patch X
OM V100
OM V100 Patch X
TMO_Enable_Uboat_V4

Now to go from USN ops to Uboat ops, install ‘TMO_Enable_Uboat_V4’, to go back to USN ops, de-install ‘TMO_Enable_Uboat_V4’
So obviously, you just use JSGME to enable it when you want to play the U-Boat addon and OM, and disable it when you want to play TMO!

I hope that helps but let's not hijack this thread anymore from it being about the Eye Patch. If you have any more questions about other mods and/or need more help I recommend you make a new thread.

Cheers
Old 04-13-09, 10:47 AM   #97
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTinSoldier View Post
Hello Sailor Steve,

Are you talking about John W. Hamm's R.U.I.M. v1.0 for SH4 1.4 & 1.5? Because if you search for his older Hats and Uniforms Mod you can't download it as there is no link and it says it's been superseded by R.U.I.M.

Just asking because inquiring minds want to know for certain if this works ok with R.U.I.M. !
I have the older mods as I downloaded them when they were new. I'm pretty sure JH just combined the two and may have added a couple of goodies, so Eye Patch should work with RUIM as long as you load it first and Eye Patch last. Just make sure you use JSGME so you can backtrack if a problem does turn up.

I didn't even know what RUIM was until you asked about it!
Old 05-11-09, 02:58 PM   #98
MichaelSpencer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[Hi Briyeo! My best to the lad.]

I applied the Eye Patch to stock 1.5 and it worked, first time, but when I rebooted and tried again I had no eyes whatsoever, above *or* belowdeck.

Reading through the thread, however, I think the problem may be that I did not delete the original MARINE.DAT file but instead simply renamed it to originalMARINE.DAT and left it in the directory. I'll try re-renaming it to MARINE.THAT and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 05-11-09, 03:35 PM   #99
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

The game will load anything with a .dat extension, so you'll end up with duplicate nodes within the files and the game will choose (randomly) which nodes to use and bad things will happen. Use JSGME if you can to apply mods, it's very useful.
Old 05-12-09, 11:23 AM   #100
MichaelSpencer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Much obliged. JSGME sounds like a wonderful tool; I'm impressed by its ability to make backups of changes to stock files, which is all I had wanted to do anyway.
Old 05-14-09, 03:55 PM   #101
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
The game will load anything with a .dat extension, so you'll end up with duplicate nodes within the files and the game will choose (randomly) which nodes to use and bad things will happen. Use JSGME if you can to apply mods, it's very useful.

i m not sure if this is the same problem i had with my GFO mod or not but when i installed it with jsgme for the stock game it worked at first but after restarting i had no eyes anywhere with any crewmember.

in the end i had to leave this fix out of it since it gave you the eye bug even if you didnt have it before lol.

since i didnt have the eye bug to start with, i cant say if the fix works but IMO if you dont already have the eye bug you shouldnt use this mod or it will give you the eye bug.

Last edited by Webster; 10-27-09 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 09:48 AM   #102
OldFrenchy
Mate

Downloads: 63

I recently (yesterday!) reinstalled SH4 with the newly purchased U-boat expansion after a long absence.
I have the eye bug as well.
I tried downloading the eyeball fix, but the file had a .efw extension and I can't open it. Is the patch a .zip file that I can rename the .efw to? How would I go about doing this?
Thanks ahead of time!
OldFrenchy
OldFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 07:07 AM   #103
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

I'm surprised no one noticed this but the Eye Patch mod isn't time compression (TC) compatible. At higher than (8x?) TC the crew disappear from the submarine interior like is coded but the eyeballs are rendered at TC settings higher than the rest of the crew models. The result? Floating eyeballs.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 02:52 AM   #104
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default double entendre

Why would anyone put a "patch" on a missing eye? It seems to me that patching a missing eye would ensure that the crew member would be blind or partially blind. Blind crewmen would have to helped off the ship unless they worked sonar, in which case they could still do their job.

The inmates are loose again, and are running the asylum.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 06:28 AM   #105
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10

I have 1.4 installed and had the missing eyes. I bought 1.5 Uboat missions and still have the eye problem. Installed TMO 1.7 and still have the problem. Installed the eyefix and still have the problem. Dude someone has got to fix this crap it runes the whole game. Is there a fix that actually works. I read some people had sucess with JSGME but I can't find the latest version for sh4. Really would love some help as I have no other showstopping issues with this game but the eye thing is unbarable.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eye patch