SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-17, 08:06 PM   #1
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0
Default Whats the deal with CCoM?

Hello all, been looking arround for what other mods to try out, and i came across CCoM but further searching on information on this mod revealed very few results even though its listed as a major super mod, one of the oldest, AND one that is still mantained.

So i wonder, how come there is so little information about it? how come its almost unknown?
Is it very bad?, is it part of some secret cult or something? LOL

To those who use it, what kind of mod is it? is it oriented towards looks (ala LSH3), or towards realism (NYGM style)?

Can you recommend i try it out?

Im happy with my moded GWX, but after about 500hrs i want to try something new.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 01:06 AM   #2
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Hello all, been looking arround for what other mods to try out, and i came across CCoM but further searching on information on this mod revealed very few results even though its listed as a major super mod, one of the oldest, AND one that is still mantained.

So i wonder, how come there is so little information about it? how come its almost unknown?
Is it very bad?, is it part of some secret cult or something? LOL

To those who use it, what kind of mod is it? is it oriented towards looks (ala LSH3), or towards realism (NYGM style)?

Can you recommend i try it out?

Im happy with my moded GWX, but after about 500hrs i want to try something new.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Hi mate
cccom is oriented lsh3 eyecandy mod
and need high spec pc
you can watch here :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...13#post2192013
Old 03-17-17, 03:03 AM   #3
Harm
Seaman

Downloads: 38

Infomations about CCoM you can find here. http://rowi58-ccom-captainschoiceofmods.blogspot.de/
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 04:11 AM   #4
Benzin1973
Engineer

Thank you guys!
Im giving it a try, so i have downloaded the whole thing, now the problem is.. Everything is in German!

Anyone know where i can find instructions in english?
Old 03-17-17, 04:21 AM   #5
Benzin1973
Engineer

ah, nevermind. Im copy/pasting the manual in google translate and its good enough to understand & install.

BTW, from the description the mod does look almost identical lo LSH3 hehe
Old 03-17-17, 04:43 AM   #6
Benzin1973
Engineer

Interesting....

Reading the (pseudo-translated by google) parts of the manual some more, i see that CCoM was based on LSH3 (i tought it was the other way arround), and the author of ccom sais he was inspired to make ccom because of bad performance issues with lsh3.

I must say that im on the same boat. I have allways liked LSH3, specially its visuals. The reasons i chose GWX as my "main mod" instead were:

1.- Performance issues. Not in the form of the game running slowly, but that it takes ages to load and crashes constantly, even if i follow the install instructions to the letter.

2.- It seems Far too easy, even compared to vanilla. In LSH3 it seems i have to deliverately go and ram an enemy ship to get detected. And once detected, loosing them is as easy as ordering silent run.

Im about to install CCom, and about the performance i hope its better than lsh3 (that was its purpuse right?), but about the difficulty level... well a quick look at AI_sensors.dat make me think this one will be almost as easy as lsh3 i mean, 210 depth meter limit for hydrophones??? cmon!

Anyone has experience with ccom? can you comment on its difficulty level compared to say vanilla or NYGM?

Last edited by Benzin1973; 03-17-17 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-17-17, 04:59 AM   #7
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Interesting....

Reading the (pseudo-translated by google) parts of the manual some more, i see that CCoM was based on LSH3 (i tought it was the other way arround), and the author of ccom sais he was inspired to make ccom because of bad performance issues with lsh3.

I must say that im on the same boat. I have allways liked LSH3, specially its visuals. The reasons i chose GWX as my "main mod" instead were:

1.- Performance issues. Not in the form of the game running slowly, but that it takes ages to load and crashes constantly, even if i follow the install instructions to the letter.

2.- It seems Far too easy, even compared to vanilla. In LSH3 it seems i have to deliverately go and ram an enemy ship to get detected. And once detected, loosing them is as easy as ordering silent run.

Im about to install CCom, and about the performance i hope its better than lsh3 (that was its purpuse right?), but about the difficulty level... well a quick look at AI_sensors.dat make me think this one will be almost as easy as lsh3 i mean, 210 meter limit for hydrohones??? cmon!

Anyone has experience with ccom? can you comment on its difficulty level compared to say vanilla or NYGM?
NYGM is more realistic mod not eyecandy "piloshophy" of this mod is game play...level difficult? high.. and realistic... I love for this NYGM
Old 03-17-17, 01:11 PM   #8
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

NYGM my friend! The AI ships are on crack. Try and attack a convoy! You better have 18 hours of game time free! You WILL be attacked mercilessly.

I just down loaded LSH3 for fun between my deployments in my flotilla. But I only use NYGM during deployments. Try it out.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-17, 03:35 PM   #9
Benzin1973
Engineer

Thanks guys!
Im trying out NYGM mod, so far i like it!
Only thing i dont like so far, is my sub "sinking" by itself when it stands still.

I did try CCom as well but, it wasnt "my cup of team".