SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-17, 08:34 AM   #1
Avenger
Watch

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
Support Newbie

Hello,
maybe itīs a little embarrassing... I used to play SH2 and SH3 a lot. When SH5 came out, I tried it out and put it back into the cupboard. Thatīs long ago and I stayed with SH3 - Living Silent Hunter Edition.
Now I found the megamod for SH5 - The Wolves of Steel.

Question is: Where do I start. All efforts to get something learned, went into nothing. Maybe a little bit... but I am fully confused and almost nothing works. Sure I tried to follow some tutorials and some minutes ago I saw a polish ship exploding by my first torp, but I donīt know how I did that. I tried to change the GUI to SH3 style, but it didnīt work. Operating SH5 is from my point of view very complicated. For example: I never saw a dial to change course or controlling speed while looking through periscope. I know to use kb but pressing button 3 doesnīt match with all ahead standard. Is there something wrong with my kb setting? Where do I find a sum of all shortcuts? etc. etc.
OptionsFileEditorViewer is a mystery, I donīt know how to use it and when to use it and maybe not to use it.

Maybe somebody from Germany could help me out for the first steps. If I am in the right direction I will find out by myself. Thank you

Happy hunting
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 02:24 PM   #2
Avenger
Watch

Downloads: 86

Ok, I fought my way into it. Not easy... but with time, try and error, I might get there and sink something. Right now I only saw the bottom . Real Navigation? Mhm, Sextant... Mhm Mhm. To be honest, I donīt have the time to do all that.
But what I will like is Enigma! I know that from SH2. Thatīs really cool.

Starting the campaign in 1939 with 100% realsim didnīt work for me. In between I testet silentotto and sailed a little later and found my way through the UI. So with a little more easy setting, I think, I can start in 1939. I know, everybody has itīs own setting, but it would be nice to find a sticky topic with at least 3 settings. Just to have an idea and it might be much helpful to understand.

Happy hunting
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 03:28 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Avenger
Welcome to SH5 with TWOS.
To change to 3 dials you will need to disable the mods in JSGME and use TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.
If you only wish to make the 1 change then it can be done through the py file without disabling the mods.
Check out my tutorial signature.
You will also find there TWOS YouTube videos including a tutorial on the Enigma machine.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote