Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-26-07, 04:16 AM   #1
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default EECH2 at simHQ : Wait an see

not a good firt impression, we have to wait for a review but palyers are disapointed.

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthread...gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 05-26-07, 09:56 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2220588&page=1& gonew=1#UNREAD

It seems it turns out to be the sick bugger I feared it would be. I do not even dare to ask about desperately needed improvements in the flight model.

I scratch it from my list. Who needs "Enemy Engaged Bug Edition deLuxe" anyway, when he could have Steel Beasts Pro instead?
Old 05-26-07, 06:18 PM   #3
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
I scratch it from my list. Who needs "Enemy Engaged Bug Edition deLuxe" anyway, when he could have Steel Beasts Pro instead?
That seems to be your answer to everything lately

I agree though, disappointing. I did at one point play the EE series and wish it could've had a proper update, but alas...

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 04:35 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
That seems to be your answer to everything lately
Well, I am not as forgiving anymore as in younger years concenring bad game quality, and the busines's standards on that has seriously detoriated over the past couple of years (there are single titles that are exceptions, of cpourse, but I speak of the general trend). The game industry is stagnating, in terms of ideas and innovations, and the morale concerning quality and stability of releases often is nothing else but criminal, and betrayal of the customer. I don't know another brnach where customer so willingly except to get sold broken things. In any other business branch you would return broken items immediately, and make massive complaints. But games are excluded from the responsebility of being sold in a functional, unbroken state?

Also, I admit, I am a bit older than in earlier times, and am no longer driven by a desparate craving to buy plenty of different things. It is not as interesting anymore as it once has been. 80% of my PC time goes into SBP anyway, the remaining 20% into GTR2 (Nordschleife), and Oblivion, and very very rarely into any other games.

But as a general rule, you are right: if it is not in a reasonable shape, my answer to buying it is NAY. I don't feel about missed buys at losses, but savings.
Old 05-27-07, 06:24 PM   #5
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I meant more the reference to SBP specifically, not that I don't understand it, but it does sound a little funny to say "I don't need x because I have SBP" - guess it's a mark of a true SBP fan

But you're entirely right. I'm most likely not buying this one either; I've my own games to invest time and hard-earned cash into!

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 07:04 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
I meant more the reference to SBP specifically, not that I don't understand it, but it does sound a little funny to say "I don't need x because I have SBP" - guess it's a mark of a true SBP fan
Yes, but it is the simple overwhelming quality that made me that fan . Originally, I was a flightsim enthusiast (watch my avatar). But as a matter fo fact I haven't flown much over the last 15 months since SBP was released. If I would like to do some Flacon flying, I would need to learn it from scratch again. SBP simply is so damn good and immersive and full of playing diversity, until today I haven't heared a single customer ever complaing or regretting, and I turned between two and three dozen people, who emailed me or told me in the forums, into happy customers, most of them before had no interest at all in tanks. And God knows how many decided to buy because of the review I did.

After the automatic demo I did some months ago, I currently design a playable mini-campaign for it. Slow but steady progress, I put in some quite complex scripting.

And I just realise that this is not the tank forum... Mea culpa!
Old 05-27-07, 07:40 PM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Found this quote from an interview with the developer, at simHQ:

Q: The CheckSix interview mentioned flight modeling hasn't been changed yet but the official EECH2 site lists "realistic flight physics" as the number one feature. Does that mean there will be changes made to the FM before the game is released?

A: The flight physics in the original were realistic and very well done so there was no need for major changes.

Okay, whatever minimal interest survived until here - with that confirmation that the arcade-like flightmodel is the same like in the original EECH and is even understood to be "realistic" and "well-done", the thing is offically buried for me.

The lift-weight-ratios are seriously messed up in the first EECH, and so they are still messed up here. The hypersensitive collective I would also expect to see, for that reason.

A couple of other bad habits from the original also have been copied over, reveals the interview.

Thanks for helping me to save my money - I appreciate to successfully avoid this buy!
Old 06-17-07, 11:40 PM   #8
tener
Sailor man

Downloads: 30

hi all,got this yesterday,its not that bad....:hmm: GFX are nice,not as good as SH4 tho.took ages to set up my stick too,there,s a load off bugs also.the worst one is the big square bits if land that look like sand pits ,"where u take off" needs 3 or 4 patches to sort it out.just a better lookin eech 1 really.
tener is offline   Reply With Quote