SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-22, 07:31 AM   #1546
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429
Uploads: 0

Japlance,

Thanks!

If this copy isn't corrupted at Miakhaas site, I was going to upload my copy of the file to Mediafire.

We will see.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 08:07 AM   #1547
AirShark
Seaman

Downloads: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Hope this works for you.
it did, many thanks
edit: this one is also clean, https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/fs.../IAMBECOMELIFE

Last edited by AirShark; 10-03-22 at 08:19 AM.
AirShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 06:08 PM   #1548
bischon
Swabbie

Downloads: 120
Default Merchant fleet mod-Where?

Is this mod available for download anywhere?

If not, is there and merchant fleet mod avaiable?

I sent a couple of hours searching for one. Some years ago there was a great one which changed merchant skins according to time period in the war. Sadly, I could not find it.
Any help appreciated. Thanks!
bischon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 06:13 PM   #1549
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by bischon View Post
Is this mod available for download anywhere?

If not, is there and merchant fleet mod avaiable?

I sent a couple of hours searching for one. Some years ago there was a great one which changed merchant skins according to time period in the war. Sadly, I could not find it.
Any help appreciated. Thanks!

https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/...melife&lang=de
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 10:28 AM   #1550
johnboy1958
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post

06/2/2017

MFM Version 3.3 Available below.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...7/MFM-v3.3.rar

02/20/2017

COMING SOON: MERCHANT FLEET MOD v 3.3

An announcement: after a long hiatus I have started work on the Merchant Fleet Mod v3.3.

Before you get too excited, this mod is intended as an interim solution....it is my attempt to correct the most glaring defects from the Merchant Fleet Mod 3.2:

-Tankers will have engine rooms and fuel bunkers in the correct position
-Hitpoints reduced so that most ships sink with between 1-3 torpedo hits
-Mass for certain ships corrected so they do not lag behind in convoy
-Possibly, heavier armament for some ships after 1942
-Slightly greater variety in armament types
-Armor reduced from ~15cm to 1-3 cm to represent unarmored ship structure (again, this was a reason for difficulty in sinking.
In reality, cargo ship plates are 1" thick, give or take. Older ships will have about 1cm to represent rusted hull plates.
Modern ships will tend to have 2-3cm armor to represent new steel plates.)

What MFM 3.3 IS NOT:

This mod will NOT feature new ship models, new cargo, new crew figures, new weapons, or any bells and whistles. It is intended to improve "craftsmanship".

Basically, the gaol is to improve gameplay for stock SH3 and supermods like GWX/WAC and to "hold you over" until I create my new cargo ship mod for the Silent Hunter series.

Yes, there WILL be a full fledged replacement MFM, to replace all my now obsolete ship models. But this is not it. Again, it is an attempt to clean up defects from when I rushed this mod into production years ago.

As such it will be released pretty soon. Work on improving the tanker compartments is going quite smoothly.

MERCHANT FLEET MOD - INITIAL RELEASE INFO

This mod's designed to replace Stock SH3's paltry merchant roster with a huge variety of surface craft, from motor launches to tramp steamers to fleet oilers. It has its roots back in the early days of Silent Hunter 3, when I noticed that the existing merchant ships were sometimes crudely detailed, or were types that would rarely have been encountered during the Battle of the Atlantic.

The mod uses about 60-70 base models and over 3,000 skins to create profuse variety amongst shipping in both convoys and random merchant encounters. Skins from dozens if not hundreds of historical companies are represented. Nations featured in this initial release are as follows:

United Kingdom
United States of America
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
The Netherlands
Belgium
Ireland
Argentina
Brazil
Panama
Canada

Whereas before you encountered a monotonous selection of C-2's and coastal merchants in all nations' rosters, now almost anything is possible. That speck on the horizon could be a brand-new, 10,000 ton tanker or a rusty old tramp making its rounds from coast to coast. It could be a bulk freighter loaded down with minerals, a tiny steam launch, or a fast freighter-transport, carrying troops and war materiel for an Allied invasion.

Neutral ships will be common, and they may or may not be carrying cargo to the enemy. As commander, it will be up to you to decide based on vessel location, paint scheme, deck cargo, and behavior whether or not a target is legitimate. This mod is intended for serious players - sink anything that moves and you may well end your patrol with a huge renown hit.

Installation is quick and easy, using Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler.

PRIMARY FEATURES:

1) Dozens of ship models inspired by photographs of typical ships constructed between 1900 and 1945

2) Tremendous paint scheme variations, based on hundreds of historical shipping companies and wartime camoflage patterns

3) Neutral ships, which may or may not be legitimate targets. Hull flags, lettering, and shipping company names printed on the sides of vessels.

4) Different amounts of smoke affect ship visibility. Particle effects for coal-burning steamers and modern motorships.

4) Changes in armament and coloring as the war goes on. Weapons range from light AA guns to Hurricane fighters. By 1942, expect most ships to be camoflaged and armed.

5) Varied damage resistance depending on vessel size and age.

6) Easy installation/uninstallation with the click of a mouse (JSGME required).

7) Compatibility with existing Silent Hunter 3 supermods.

GET IT HERE [UPDATE: REUPLOADED 1/03/2012]:

[LINK REMOVED]

SKIN PACKS (Not required but recommended)
[LINK REMOVED]

Version 3.2 (improved ships removed to prevent crashes with supermods. Changed eqp file to tanker T14B. Recompressed due to error messages following downloads.)

SKIN PACKS as of 6/09/10 (~ 3,000 skins, with hundreds of variations):

[LINKS REMOVED]

LIGHT VERSION (IMPROVED STABILITY FOR GWX INSTALLS & OLDER MACHINES. NO NEUTRAL SHIPS EXCEPT AMERICAN VESSELS.)

[LINK REMOVED]

Version: 3.1 (improved stability to prevent career & museum crashes, especially with GWX. Added tanker T19A.)

[LINK REMOVED]

Skin Packs:
Is this available ???? ALL LINKS REMOVED
Old 12-07-22, 10:30 AM   #1551
johnboy1958
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Files do not work 404 error msg.
Old 12-07-22, 10:35 AM   #1552
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper