SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-15, 08:25 AM   #316
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-15, 04:41 PM   #317
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
date Really?

No one? No one can help me out with manual firing in LSH 2015?
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 04:21 AM   #318
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Default U-boat comp

Hi All
just one quick quest
Are U-boats created by wise compatible with the mod?

cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 05:29 AM   #319
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36

but every torpedo? I have h.sie and stiebler correctly installed on nygm and at least some torpedos work.

Also I wanted to post the probably last episode of effing controllers lp of lsh2015. The mod seems to make the game ridiculously easy. Maybe the modders can look at it and say if there is just something wrong with his install or if lsh2015 really is that easy?

Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 09:06 AM   #320
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Hmm, I've started a new career two times. Both times I experienced CTD while on patrol in my first mission, starting from Erprobung. Kiel. Each time it happened a couple of game hours into the mission (perhaps a half an hour of real time). Did anyone have a similar experience? I am not using any outside mod.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 01:55 PM   #321
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Exclamation Attack Disk

First, thank you =FI=Ghost for pointing me into the right direction for the tutorials. I just needed to brush up on it as I haven't played in a few years. Ran a patrol last night and managed to send 4 merchants and a troop carrier to the bottom of the sea, so it appears they worked.

Regarding the Attack Disk though - It appears it has been flipped/inverted between the tutorial video to what I'm looking at. The outter most dial doesn't rotate at all and mine is backward from the video. On his 180 is on the bottom, while 180 is on the top for me. At first I didn't think this was a huge issue, but I didn't use it at all yesterday. Today I've messed around with it a bit and it's clearly off. If my heading is 150, it points me to 210. If my heading is 60 it'll say it's 300. I realized that while I was looking at it that it's just showing how it should if it WASN'T upside down, but I'm positive that is going to throw all the other readings off as well - and what is the point of trying to mentally fix errors like that on the fly when I may as well do it on the map?

Essentially, the Attack Disk appears to be broken (or at least the artwork is rotated 180 degrees). Is there a fix, or am I missing something?
Old 12-22-15, 02:24 PM   #322
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Exclamation Attack Disk part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzMcDurgen View Post
It appears it has been flipped/inverted between the tutorial video to what I'm looking at. The outer most dial doesn't rotate at all and mine is backward from the video.
Essentially, the Attack Disk appears to be broken (or at least the artwork is rotated 180 degrees). Is there a fix, or am I missing something?
After comparing the video and messing with some stuff, I've noticed that the outer most ring is supposed to rotate, which it doesn't currently. While the middle ring (with the North seeking arrow and is yellowish) does rotate and it's not supposed to. It appears the coding for them got flipped.
Old 12-22-15, 04:44 PM   #323
nik112
Captain

Default U-BOAT compatibility

Hi All
just one quick quest
Are U-boats created by wise compatible with the mod?

cheers
Old 12-22-15, 04:51 PM   #324
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

You're welcome, Heinz! I myself have been on dry land for a couple of years, and I am also brushing up on things.

As far as the attack disk is concerned, I have never used it. I do all of my calculations on paper.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 12:04 PM   #325
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

Default Something isn't right...

Although the critical issues that I've encountered have been resolved and I'm continuing ahead with a career, another very strange issue has occurred that seems to be a game-ending problem and I'm hoping someone else has encountered this and knows of a "fix" to apply.

After completing Werftabnahme and transferring to the 2nd Flotilla in Wilhelmshaven, I got underway in mid-August '39 for the pre-war patrol in AM18. Leaving the pier at slow speed, I could not get the boat to respond to any kind of rudder order; she just merrily sailed straight ahead and would have collided with one of the moored freighters if I hadn't stopped and ended the scenario. I restarted the patrol several times without exiting the game and tried every means available to make the minor course corrections needed to get to the schluese and out of the harbor...nothing worked. But, when I exited the game and restarted it "In Base before Mission", the problem didn't re-occur.

Now, after reaching the assigned grid area, sinking a couple of ships and spending several more days "trolling" for additional targets, I've run into the same problem. I picked up the saved game "In Mission" and no matter how I try to change course, the boat does not respond. I can manually click on the compass card to order a new course, or click on the rudder-angle indicator to move the rudder, or I can put a way-point on the chart, move one that's already there or order the Navigator to resume ordered course; the rudder moves correctly, but the boat continues straight ahead.

Any ideas...?

Never mind...on a hunch, I figured the way it fixed itself the first time would probably work again...did a "Save and exit" and loaded the previous "Save"; it worked on the third try.

Last edited by CaptBones; 12-24-15 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Fixed itself?
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 02:49 PM   #326
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
As far as the attack disk is concerned, I have never used it. I do all of my calculations on paper.
If you watch that video you pointed me toward, having an attack disc that works would be a great asset. From what I've seen, it's a great tool used more for establishing position and keeping tabs on where ships are headed. It may have more usefulness than that - but I'll take all the help I can get
Old 12-26-15, 05:11 AM   #327
nik112
Captain

Hi All
I have another quest and i hope to have a reply.
i want to start my career in 1942. I tried at 1st,7th flotillas but taking ctd

Why???
Old 12-26-15, 07:35 PM   #328
Narn
Nub

Downloads: 42

nice mod! its brought me back again to silent hunter 3 after a year away. only question i have is i'm a total n00b and dont do manual firing etc. with that said how do i see the distance of my targetin periscope view?
Narn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 03:05 AM   #329
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn View Post
nice mod! its brought me back again to silent hunter 3 after a year away. only question i have is i'm a total n00b and dont do manual firing etc. with that said how do i see the distance of my targetin periscope view?

u need to use the stadimeter for the distance .... and whit manul targeting if u lock a target on the right side of the TDC dails u must see the distance i am not 100% cos last time when i used manual targeting was long time ago
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 08:32 PM   #330
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

How does the "Extended Challenge" Option of LSH compare to the other mods or original version of the game?
I ask because from what I read, it is believed that LSH is "easy mode" compared to NYGM and GWX.
In the LSH documentation, they discuss things such as visibility at 10K, AI sensors detecting your periscope at .7m, more persistent destroyers, better air, etc..

It would seem to me that with this option enabled, you would be getting a pretty good "realistic" challenge, no?

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote