SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-18, 07:22 AM   #1
jonnymorris
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 relative newbie here, questions about mods

Hi, I've been playing SH3 for a week or two now, I installed the Living 2015 mod (think it was the first big mod I came across that came highly recommended) almost straight away so haven't spent much time in vanilla SH3. I'm currently playing my first career, four patrols in and it's December 1939, doing quite well (on about 87% realism).

There are a few little things I don't understand that don't seem to be mentioned in the SH3 manual, and one or two frustrations with the game engine, but more on those later.

First question - is the Living 2015 mod the best mod to install, or is there a better way of modding SH3 for realism, graphics, and game mechanics etc?

Second - Do I really need to go through those annoying lock gates at the docks?! They seem to have no sequence and will sometimes shut while I'm half way through them, I have yet to get out on patrol without hitting something in or around them for various reasons! Annoyed at having to look at smashed gauges every patrol (I seem to recall the depth gauge never smashed in Das Boot!)

Third - If I have Living 2015 mod already installed, what other mods does this already include, or what mods can I install over the top of it (that would make a difference, e.g. to improve the graphics)? I would certainly be interested in something to make best use of my screen resolution (I have a 27" monitor running at 2560x1440).

I notice little ! on the crew sometimes, I'm guessing this means they are tired and are less effective. I have read about the Commanders mod, can I safely install this on top of Living 2015?

Thank you for any advice!
jonnymorris is offline   Reply With Quote