SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-11, 02:11 PM   #151
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 03:04 PM   #152
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
I don't think so...
Hi SquareSteelBar,

This info was taken from the Langer Heinrich website in the technical info section the site is a german site but it is not impossible that even a german folks have made a mistake on the site

I had picture of it but even with all the technic i know i was not able to see the letters clearly.

At least instead of amateur texture boy and wannabe modeler i do my research carefully you won't anytime soon see anyone capable of buying 15 years of experience in 2d&3d the only way to begin to do great stuff is by practicing, my students get often discouraged the first month and quit the class.

And i consider myself to be more German then most of the German i see in today Germany.

By the way you could easily be of German origin and talking another language in another country ever taught of that??

Lets say i am a German from 1930 era and it will be fine with me

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 03:24 PM   #153
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Hello Hans,

where can I download and test your mod(s)? I cursorly searched through all your threads, but I couldn't locate any link! Do you have a filefront- or mediafire page or something like that?

Greetings,
h.sie
Hi h.sie,

First i like to congratulated you for the fantastic work you are doing now for SH3 it is amazing

And i am sorry for any confusion on the state of my mod but there is no release version yet because me and the rare friends i have here at subsim are starting to implemented the stuff you all want to see in like better ai sensors, damage and flooding behavior, fatigue models and campaign elements etc.

I am not against seeing my work in any other supermod but after release only and i am not sure i want to spend countless hours just to learn others mod structure to integrated some of my stuff in it to get at the end a crashing nightmare fest!

Go look at all my old post and i congratulated and encouraged many folks working on different supermod and in return almost none of them is laying me a hand nor encouraging me and this hurt me but i can't do a thing about human nature.

PS I would love to see your expertise at work in my mod that would be a blast

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 03:31 PM   #154
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Will_Es View Post
Hi Hans,

I see really nice pictures/videos. And I have to say: You are a good designer with an eye for details. The enthusiastic congratulators here already got testing examples or found a link to the sources? Because I didn't find any upload yet.

For a final rating some facts need to be cleared first: Did you change anything in the gameplay, the underlying technique like the problems with stock SH3 artificial "intelligence" (e.g. ships bombing themselves), the campaign, 8km atmosphere, missing ships, historic missions, stupid air planes, equipment and experience of enemy will not improve (radar!) ... .

I know the great work done for the super mod LSH3 I'm playing actually. They had several years (!) to do corrective action in so many places deep into the code . It's a pity because of the technical change the mod is incompatible to most other design improvements still done for e.g. GWX which development stopped in 2009.

So if you change just the design and not the technical problems of SH3 your mod is (really) good looking but not an improvement in gameplay. Because of this super mod players and developers look really critically to your super mod.

But maybe they become convinced after getting a deeper look into the technical credits and playing the first time.

If super mod developers ask you for involving your design into the LSH3 or other super mods - you would allow this? I would appreciate this a lot!

Looking forward to the final results,
Bruce

PS.: I have to admit the videos make my mouth dripping wet.

PPS.: For correct german signs/captions you should let a german native have an eye on it. The sign on of the crane house, too?
Hi mate,

I know there is some errors and graphicals glitch but i already mention that everything will be fix on final release.

Refer to the answer i wrote to h.sie for what will be included in term of gameplay.

And thank you very much for your positive critic because you help me alone in the process.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 03:41 PM   #155
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUKER View Post
Hi Hans,

I want to tell you that you do not pay attention to all the idiots.
It's just plain ordinary - envy!

What you are doing it - a revolution in SH3!

I am very glad that you keep your job!
I am especially glad that you still have decided on the type IX-B/C.
Hi mate,

It would not be fair to let the people down even if my work is appreciated by only 5 peoples it would be worth my time doing it because most folks who want to see my mod on their desktop are true history lovers.

I loved insurmountable odds they are made to be overcome

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 03:47 PM   #156
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Hello Hans,

where can I download and test your mod(s)? I cursorly searched through all your threads, but I couldn't locate any link! Do you have a filefront- or mediafire page or something like that?

Greetings,
h.sie

@h.sie

Not sure if you've tried Hans torpedo mod, you can find it here........

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_1...NS%20WITTEMAN/

(Thanks Maik)

The best fish yet IMHO

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 03:50 PM   #157
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
This mod is the graphic part of a future supermod Hans will do, with diverse types of boats, attention to gameplay, etc.

Hans is searching for help for the work of the other carachteristics of the mod.

Please, read the w-h-o-l-e thread!

This Type II "candy eye mod" is only a part of a complete work in SH3. This mod will be published - I think - before the complete supermod.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Hi mate,

Thank you very much for clarifying the matter for me

And yes i am yelling for help on some game mechanic aspect but so far few offer me any kind of help!

What i will do if i see no one is willing to join me in i will release it with stock gameplay mechanic and i will learn my way true it and modify it myself.

One thing for sure my real talents are on the 3D&2d aspect of thing so to be coupled with a game mechanic guru with a passion for history would be a real blast for the community

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 04:52 PM   #158
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

the mod just.....Rocks .

....nothing more and nothing less than this !!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 04:56 PM   #159
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
the mod just.....Rocks .

....nothing more and nothing less than this !!
Hi mate,

Thank for encouraging me it is because of folks like you that i will put my skills under your service

Kudos to all supporters let's start an SH3 revolution and be part of it

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 05:23 PM   #160
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@nemo7 @Myxale @BUKER

Couldn't have phrased your words any better kaleuns.
Shipmates I am a tad amazed at some of the flak Hans is taking. IMHO he's working his bloody arse off for the improvement of the sim we all love and desire. Please give the man a break. Geezus you should see how many spelling mistakes I make writing a damn letter, nevermind integrating correct grammer, spelling etc. into a mod.

@Hans

An old english saying mate........... ' Don't let the buggers grind you down! '

Kudos for all your efforts and work

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Hi mate,

Don't worry since my life begun i am under constant flak artillery

I can handle the heat but sometime like every other human being i lose it a bit.

But i like when folks are making positive critics this is the only way i can correct the mistake i did in the design process.

Sometime i got so absorb in the process that i just don't see some glitch or type error.

Let's hope some game mechanic guru will want to be part of it so we can all enjoy highly details stuff and great gameplay

PS i still have some tricks in my sleeve that no one here have a clue

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 05:48 PM   #161
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Thank you very much for clarifying the matter for me

And yes i am yelling for help on some game mechanic aspect but so far few offer me any kind of help!

What i will do if i see no one is willing to join me in i will release it with stock gameplay mechanic and i will learn my way true it and modify it myself.

One thing for sure my real talents are on the 3D&2d aspect of thing so to be coupled with a game mechanic guru with a passion for history would be a real blast for the community

Best regards Hans
I think that the mod could be split in two parts

1) graphics-only mod to be applied via JSGME to stock or any other super mod only related to graphics

2) graphics-mechanic supermod

Just my 2 cents
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 06:55 PM   #162
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin40 View Post
I think that the mod could be split in two parts

1) graphics-only mod to be applied via JSGME to stock or any other super mod only related to graphics

2) graphics-mechanic supermod

Just my 2 cents
Hi mate,

I know your intention are all good my friend but it is not easy as it might look.

Some modifications i made would simply brake some game mechanic in other mods.

2 sound like the only option left because i better spend my time on thing that are worth doing like advanced models etc.

I would love to see the community here united on all aspect of the game but a lot of the talented folks play like a RPG game and are faction oriented.

Solidarity is the only way we could at least try to achieve a better experience for all.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-04-11, 08:30 PM   #163
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Impressive facts on typII

Hi shipmates,

Just an excerpt from kriegmarine archiv i stumble upon

For those who tough typII where only toys!

It sounds almost unbelievable, but these tiny vessels actually have made 291 operational sorties, sinking 153 merchant ships with 509,606 GRT, as well as 6 allied submarines, 7 minesweepers, 3 destroyers and 8 small crafts.

Best ragards Hans

Old 02-05-11, 01:54 PM   #164
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Thank for encouraging me it is because of folks like you that i will put my skills under your service

Kudos to all supporters let's start an SH3 revolution and be part of it

Best regards Hans
you have no need for encouraging Hans ! your mod ...rocks and this is 'speaking' by its own ! you know....i always believed that there are two 'types' of modders ....the first 'type' modders are talking ('advertise') always about their mods trying to 'push' the whole thing and the second 'type' are 'talking' to people with a different way....they 'talk' to people with their mods (and only the users that really wants are 'hearing'). your mod ,Hans, is a very strong 'voice' ! be sure of that !
the down side is that silent hunter series simply ...are dying becuase the few that are left here are more hardcore SIMULATOR fans. thats why ,imo, you don't see the 'huppiness' from many people (becuase ...few have left here) that you may expected to see . (if you were here...two or three years ago....you would have seen very different reactions)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 02:51 PM   #165
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Oi, Herr Witteman, just a quick question!

Is the Type II model 100% finished, or is the model we saw still WIP.

I was just watching some of your vids again, and became curious!

Smooth sailing m8

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote