SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-19, 11:06 PM   #181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Hello, I have a question about the sound. Why the sounds of explosions and ships break off when I'm under water
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
What does “break off” mean?
I'm going to say that he does not hear the whole file play for the explosion, only the initial sound, the crescendo, and then as it starts to fade out, it quits playing about 5 seconds too soon.

Belmondo, the game uses different files when your submarine is under water, and they would sound slightly muted, and quit sooner than the sound you hear when on the surface. Also, the audio in the game is generally a 44.1kHz, the same as CD audio. If you've been watching movies on your computer, the Windows audio stream might be set to 48kHz, and Windows might not be re-setting it, so check that first. You might also have a memory issue, or something playing in the background on your computer that is interfering with the game. Also, do not shell-out to Windows with the <Alt><Tab> key combination while the game is running.

The game is more than capable of playing multiple audio files, of varied types at one time, so you shouldn't have audio cutting off, unless it was edited that way. If it is one particular file that does the same thing every time, then find the file in the Sounds folder, and play it directly from there, and see if maybe it is the file itself that is messed-up. You would look for a file like "P06_#Splinter_explosion_hyd.wav" - that "hyd" is the underwater stuff.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 10:05 AM   #182
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 840
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm going to say that he does not hear the whole file play for the explosion, only the initial sound, the crescendo, and then as it starts to fade out, it quits playing about 5 seconds too soon.

Belmondo, the game uses different files when your submarine is under water, and they would sound slightly muted, and quit sooner than the sound you hear when on the surface. Also, the audio in the game is generally a 44.1kHz, the same as CD audio. If you've been watching movies on your computer, the Windows audio stream might be set to 48kHz, and Windows might not be re-setting it, so check that first. You might also have a memory issue, or something playing in the background on your computer that is interfering with the game. Also, do not shell-out to Windows with the <Alt><Tab> key combination while the game is running.

The game is more than capable of playing multiple audio files, of varied types at one time, so you shouldn't have audio cutting off, unless it was edited that way. If it is one particular file that does the same thing every time, then find the file in the Sounds folder, and play it directly from there, and see if maybe it is the file itself that is messed-up. You would look for a file like "P06_#Splinter_explosion_hyd.wav" - that "hyd" is the underwater stuff.

Where can I check it, I mean khz
Old 03-21-19, 11:58 AM   #183
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Depends upon your Windows OS, but on my Win 8.1 laptop with Classic Shell Start Menu, I do Start, Control Panel, Sound, and click on the "Playback" tab (it should open to that), then on the "Speakers" in the list, which then activates the "Properties" button, which I click. From that, click the "Advanced" tab, and you'll see the "Default Format" listed, which in my case says "16-bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)" in the drop-down box. Below that section is two tick-boxes for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode application priority", both of which should be ticked, which is by default also. However, generally speaking, if that is set to "16-bit 48000 Hz", it would usually end up in an audio file that plays at a higher pitch, but does complete, unlike what you are getting. You might find something else amiss. If you by chance have used the 4 gig patch on SH5, remove that, since SH5 is already built to use the additional memory.

Windows used to be capable of on-the-fly sample rate changes from 44.1k to 48k and back, but since the last days of WinXP and the introduction of audio DRM with Vista, it no longer does that. For me, doing multi-track semi-professional audio on my computer in Windows 7 64-bit, I am constantly having to change sample rates when moving from mixing audio / video files, and then to take a break and play the game, and back again, etc. Even the bit-depth setting makes a difference.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 12:40 PM   #184
fire-fox
Chief

Downloads: 70

win10
SH5 v1.20
Twos 2.10

seems that I get crew injured and damaged hull and other modal damage when I dive near the see floor in the north sea.

also seems to be that seabed varies a lot in death regards hit box or what the death under keel says

eg at 25 meters. depth under keel 75m so max is 100m but get the close to seabed warning at say 75 and lose 4 crew and half my modules at same time with still reporting 25m under keel.

Running SH5 @ 100% difficulty + TWoS 2.2.19(RealNav + BDU + port smoke + food) + Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack tweaked + The Little Ships of SH5 - Coaster Pack
fire-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-19, 04:48 PM   #185
Einheerjar
Nub

Downloads: 19

Hi There

I have a problem in the menu and every messagebox, like you can see in the picture. The buttons are clickable, but nothing happens.

Find my hardware below:

-----------------------------------------------------

Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 MHz, 8 Kern(e),
MB B450M Pro4
Graka NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Gesamter physischer Speicher 15,9 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 12,6 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher 15,9 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 11,9 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 0 Bytes
Kernel-DMA-Schutz Aus
-----------------------------------------------------

I have bought the game via Uplay.
I have no mod running in the MOD-Manager except this one.
I tried to start the game with admin rights and W7 compatibility, but nothing changed.

Seems to be the same error.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=120

Can you give an advice?

Greetings

Last edited by Einheerjar; 03-25-19 at 04:58 PM.
Einheerjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-19, 04:58 PM   #186
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Einheerjar!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 05:46 AM   #187
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Einheerjar
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Quote:
have no mod running in the MOD-Manager except this one.
Which one? You do not say.

TWoS installs directly without using JSGME as you no longer see the main mod or any updates.

The one mod you maybe referring to being enabled in JSGME is Real Navigation.

Your problem is not one of compatibility as SH5 will run on Windows 10 without it.
You need to make sure that your gpu is setup correctly as this is important.
Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial

This option can be added if still a problem and often sorts a problem if your system has been updated by Microsoft.
Override High DPI Scaling Behavior > Pictorial

Another problem can be Direct X 9c an essential application for all SH versions is not installed or not installed correctly.

Do you have more than 1 SH5 installation?
This can be done without problems but has to be done correctly.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 09:21 AM   #188
MrBboy
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Hey, so I have this problem with Harbour Pilot - it doesn't work anymore. Basically when I try to activate - still being in bunker - it doesn't go green but other scrips work just fine. Is it caused by that I'm not using Real Navigation? If this a problem is is possible to bypass it, cause setting waypoints in Kiel Canal is real pain in the a...
MrBboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 09:39 AM   #189
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBboy View Post
Hey, so I have this problem with Harbour Pilot - it doesn't work anymore. Basically when I try to activate - still being in bunker - it doesn't go green but other scrips work just fine. Is it caused by that I'm not using Real Navigation? If this a problem is is possible to bypass it, cause setting waypoints in Kiel Canal is real pain in the a...
I've never encountered such problem in TWoS...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 11:10 AM   #190
Einheerjar
Nub

Downloads: 19

Ahoi everyone

@ THEBERBSTER

to solve the issue I will answer your advices in line

Quote:
TWoS installs directly without using JSGME as you no longer see the main mod or any updates.
You are right. I have disabled all mods in the JSGME, only the main mod is active.

Quote:
Your problem is not one of compatibility as SH5 will run on Windows 10 without it.

This option can be added if still a problem and often sorts a problem if your system has been updated by Microsoft.
I fallowed the instruction and changed the DPI and Nvidia settings to your recommendation.

Quote:
Another problem can be Direct X 9c an essential application for all SH versions is not installed or not installed correctly.
I have installed the directX drivers with the setup file in the support folder of the game. Now it takes much longer to start the game... buuut voila... The game responses properly

Well, thank you for the good troubleshooting!
It is a good thing to have such an active community.

Quote:
Einheerjar!
Aktungbby
Thanks for the warm welcome on board.

Greetings
Einheerjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 12:24 PM   #191
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390

As far as harbour pilot goes I only know of one issue...

If you activate it, then change engine speeds while in the pen, you will get strange occurrences. If you use the pilot let it do it’s own thing until you leave the pen.

That was the only time I had an issue.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 02:46 PM   #192
abzac
Nub

Downloads: 0

1. Windows 10 x64
2. DVD version, registered

Everything works perfect, except tooltips. Tooltips are appearing as hieroglyphs. I have tried to change game language via registry, but nothing changes.
Only TWos Aspect Ratio Fix 5x4 and TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones are enabled in JSGME.

abzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 03:25 PM   #193
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einheerjar View Post
Hi There

I have a problem in the menu and every messagebox, like you can see in the picture. The buttons are clickable, but nothing happens.

I have bought the game via Uplay.
I have no mod running in the MOD-Manager except this one.
I tried to start the game with admin rights and W7 compatibility, but nothing changed.

Seems to be the same error.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=120

Can you give an advice?

Greetings
delete all *******_Draggables.TDW files from the SH5 main folder and should solve your problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Einheerjar
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The one mod you maybe referring to being enabled in JSGME is Real Navigation.

Do you have more than 1 SH5 installation?
This can be done without problems but has to be done correctly.
Peter the GPU and dx9c has nothing to do with that kind of error!!!!!!!!!!!

he need to delete the ******_Draggables.TDW files... if all was installed correctly and no other mods was added!!!!!!
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 04:12 PM   #194
MrBboy
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBboy View Post
Ok, so I think I found the solution to my problem I've set compatibility with Win XP and I run it as admin. Now Harbour Pilot works, but I don't know if it's bulletproof solution.
MrBboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 05:36 PM   #195
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzac View Post
1. Windows 10 x64
2. DVD version, registered

Everything works perfect, except tooltips. Tooltips are appearing as hieroglyphs. I have tried to change game language via registry, but nothing changes.
Only TWos Aspect Ratio Fix 5x4 and TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones are enabled in JSGME.

Russian Windows?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote