SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-17, 01:06 AM   #811
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
hauangua, I am downloading from lsh3.com.http://www.lsh3.com/v15/download_en.html
but your silent hunter3 is DVD or steam?... not your mod... your game
Old 03-22-17, 03:29 AM   #812
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
I made a mistake and posted in the general SH3 forum so I am reposting here after being told this is the correct place for this subject. My computer quit on me so I bought a new computer and it has windows 10 like my old one did. I had zero troubles loading the game and lots of mods on the old one, with this one I am having trouble just getting the game installed. I went through the tutorials step by step and here is my problem. On Post #5 of the tutorials I have named my folder SilentHunterIII. In your picture of your SHIII folder you show subfolders of data, documentation and support. My SilentHunterIII folder has none of those sub folders. But I choose my SilentHunterIII folder and click "ok", this is at picture 5 in the installation tutorial. Immediately I get an this error message

You have selected this path
D:\SilentHunterIII\
No valid SH3.EXE found in this folder.

Can someone please guide me to where I am making my mistake.
I have tried using the free download manager to speed things up and then move SH3 to my folder, and I have tried downloading straight to my folder. Neither way makes any difference, I always get this same error message at this stage of the installation. I'm at a loss as to where my SH3.EXE is located.
I forgot to add that I am downloading the game from LSH3 2015 and have tried both the full and the split downloads.
Hi PapaSmurf

If you do not have any subfolder in the SH3 folder you have not properly installed the game....LSH3 not install ...any mod none can be installed because there is not the game
Old 03-22-17, 07:27 PM   #813
Cbeck139
Watch

Downloads: 13

Hey guys!

Its been a long time since i've been on here and was wondering on the progress of 2017 version? When I was on last I saw some talk about it not being finished or scraping it all together anyone have any word on this?

Thanks

Windows 10
Intel Core I7, 2.8 GHz Processor
24GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM
1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia Geforce GTX980M Graphics Card
18.4 Inch Screen
Cbeck139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 09:06 PM   #814
flugkapitan
Loader

Downloads: 47
Icon9 Cannot install

Herr Kaleuns,

After spending 2 frustrating evenings trying to get this MegaMod to install, I decided to reach out for some help.

My system is running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Meets all the requirements for the game and then some.

I was playing SHIII with the GWX Gold Megamod (modded) a few years ago but ended up moving on to some other simming. After reading about LSH 2015 I decided it was time to revisit this sim that I had enjoyed so much in the past.

I went through the tutorials THEBERBSTER has put together (Thank you for your effort - much appreciated!) in order to prep my computer for the sim and also how to install the mod properly. I followed all steps exactly.

I downloaded the multi-part files installation method using the download manager that was recommended in the tutorials. I checked to make sure the size of the files were correct after downloading.

When I run the multi-part installer exe file (as administrator) I get to the opening screen where I select my language, after selection of the language, it goes to the page where it outlines the system requirements (mine are sufficient), then when I click OK, I get the following message: "Unable to locate packed archive".

I am installing the original game from a non-StarForce Dvd that also has the 1.4b patch. When installing from the Dvd the only thing I did not allow to be installed was the "Game Shadow" feature. Just seemed to be silly to me to allow that feature to be installed on a sim/game that in its original form is pretty long in the tooth, so to speak.

I have the location that I re-installed SHIII to and the folders that I downloaded the multi-part files to on the same drive, in this case D.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Scott
flugkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 05:09 AM   #815
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugkapitan View Post
Herr Kaleuns,

After spending 2 frustrating evenings trying to get this MegaMod to install, I decided to reach out for some help.

My system is running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Meets all the requirements for the game and then some.

I was playing SHIII with the GWX Gold Megamod (modded) a few years ago but ended up moving on to some other simming. After reading about LSH 2015 I decided it was time to revisit this sim that I had enjoyed so much in the past.

I went through the tutorials THEBERBSTER has put together (Thank you for your effort - much appreciated!) in order to prep my computer for the sim and also how to install the mod properly. I followed all steps exactly.

I downloaded the multi-part files installation method using the download manager that was recommended in the tutorials. I checked to make sure the size of the files were correct after downloading.

When I run the multi-part installer exe file (as administrator) I get to the opening screen where I select my language, after selection of the language, it goes to the page where it outlines the system requirements (mine are sufficient), then when I click OK, I get the following message: "Unable to locate packed archive".

I am installing the original game from a non-StarForce Dvd that also has the 1.4b patch. When installing from the Dvd the only thing I did not allow to be installed was the "Game Shadow" feature. Just seemed to be silly to me to allow that feature to be installed on a sim/game that in its original form is pretty long in the tooth, so to speak.

I have the location that I re-installed SHIII to and the folders that I downloaded the multi-part files to on the same drive, in this case D.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Scott
Hi scott
Have you put all 9 files into the same folder in D: ?
Old 03-23-17, 05:38 AM   #816
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi scott
It is important that all the files are in a new folder before starting the LSH3-2015 installation.
In the tutorial it is called LSH3Split.
It is also important to uninstall your previous SH3 installation and then use a registry cleaner before re-booting and re-installing.
It is a good idea to make at least 1 game copy from the installation so you do not need to use the dvd again.
You can run 1 other SH3 game without using multi SH3 as LSH3 does not use the SH3 saved games folder.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 11:50 AM   #817
flugkapitan
Loader

Hauangua and the Theberbster, thank you for your replies.

Everything you mentioned in your replies to my problem, had been done before I posted about it.

Scott
Old 03-23-17, 12:04 PM   #818
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Hauangua and the Theberbster, thank you for your replies.

Everything you mentioned in your replies to my problem, had been done before I posted about it.

Scott
Hi Scott
you no solved again?
Old 03-23-17, 12:15 PM   #819
flugkapitan
Loader

No, haven't tried again - really no point in it as I've installed/uninstalled at least a dozen times trying to get things to work.

Wish I hadn't completely deleted my GWX Gold (modded) install too.

Probably just going to give up - invested way too much time installing/trouble shooting the past two nights.

I really do appreciate you and Theberbster trying to assist me!

Regards,
Scott
Old 03-23-17, 12:24 PM   #820
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
No, haven't tried again - really no point in it as I've installed/uninstalled at least a dozen times trying to get things to work.

Wish I hadn't completely deleted my GWX Gold (modded) install too.

Probably just going to give up - invested way too much time installing/trouble shooting the past two nights.

I really do appreciate you and Theberbster trying to assist me!

Regards,
Scott
Scott... can you make screenshot of your game folder ( open)
and your Jsgme folder?...PS... I no remember.. you use Multish3..right?..wait before uninstall!!!!

Last edited by hauangua; 03-23-17 at 12:39 PM.
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 01:03 PM   #821
flugkapitan
Loader

I uninstalled JSGME when I uninstalled SHIII in preparation of installing LSH

I didn't reinstall JSGME after deleting everything since it comes bundles with LSH.

Thanks again,
Scott
Old 03-23-17, 02:22 PM   #822
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I uninstalled JSGME when I uninstalled SHIII in preparation of installing LSH

I didn't reinstall JSGME after deleting everything since it comes bundles with LSH.

Thanks again,
Scott
Scott have you reinstall new game of Sh3 by DVD or used multish3?... or used old folder gwx?
Old 03-23-17, 02:35 PM   #823
flugkapitan
Loader

This is a brand new install of SHIII from the original disc (non-starforce).

Scott
Old 03-24-17, 06:09 AM   #824
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
This is a brand new install of SHIII from the original disc (non-starforce).

Scott
really I'm sorry no understand where is problem....
send screenshot of your folder with 9file of lsh3 with size file...
Old 03-24-17, 08:27 AM   #825
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Have you performed a registry clean prior to installing?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote