SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-16, 06:05 PM   #3481
rx7fc3c
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Awsome work, thanks!
rx7fc3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 06:37 PM   #3482
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > rx7fc3c
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 07:38 PM   #3483
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome rx7fc3c

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 11:07 AM   #3484
Ishmael
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79

I seem to be running into a campaign glitch around march/April 1940 in OM. I start a campaign on 9/1/39 in the 2nd flotilla. Everything runs fine through the first 3 patrols. Around 3/20/40, I get the message for a resupply ship Thalia at Cadiz. whether I resupply there or not, I complete patrol 3, start patrol 4 and everything works fine until I have to do a game save mid-patrol. When I return and load the saved game, first I'll get a good load but my prior plotted course is gone and the day/night time function no longer tracks with the actual game time. If I save game and try to reload after that, it reaches the dark screen portion of the load & I get a sh4 stopped working message and a CTD. Here's my mod list using JSGME:

Ops Monsun_v705
OM705_to_v720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300_pkg
OMEGU_v300_patch7_pkg
DBSM_SH4
(1)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5(Hi-res)
(2)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5Enlisted Ranks add-on(Hi-res)
(3)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5 Awards add-on(Hi-res)
Crew Rank Fix-Stock
MaxOpticsIV for SH4 1.5
RSM1.2

Any pointers or advice on getting past this glitch and continuing my career would be greatly appreciated.
Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 11:30 AM   #3485
Von_Stolzenberg
Watch

Downloads: 74

I have a Problem with the Walther boat XVIII.

1st the waltherturbine doesnt run underwater
2nd I have only 2 Tubes and no torpedo reserves... just the two torpedos

Last edited by Von_Stolzenberg; 09-17-16 at 02:44 PM.
Von_Stolzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-16, 05:08 AM   #3486
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
I seem to be running into a campaign glitch around march/April 1940 in OM. I start a campaign on 9/1/39 in the 2nd flotilla. Everything runs fine through the first 3 patrols. Around 3/20/40, I get the message for a resupply ship Thalia at Cadiz. whether I resupply there or not, I complete patrol 3, start patrol 4 and everything works fine until I have to do a game save mid-patrol. When I return and load the saved game, first I'll get a good load but my prior plotted course is gone and the day/night time function no longer tracks with the actual game time. If I save game and try to reload after that, it reaches the dark screen portion of the load & I get a sh4 stopped working message and a CTD. Here's my mod list using JSGME:

Ops Monsun_v705
OM705_to_v720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300_pkg
OMEGU_v300_patch7_pkg
DBSM_SH4
(1)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5(Hi-res)
(2)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5Enlisted Ranks add-on(Hi-res)
(3)RUIMv1.0 for SH4v1.5 Awards add-on(Hi-res)
Crew Rank Fix-Stock
MaxOpticsIV for SH4 1.5
RSM1.2

Any pointers or advice on getting past this glitch and continuing my career would be greatly appreciated.
A usual treatment of savegame related problems and CTDs is to load an unglitched previous savegame and then load the glitched savegame.Many forumists also say do not overwrite saves.
I had constant CTDs with loading different saves in OMEGU which I treated this way but I came to a point I couldn't get past.It was a certain savegame I couldn't recover.Whatever method I tried was useless and I was forced to quit my patrol.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 09:35 AM   #3487
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Operation Monsun is a strange beast. Crashes are fairly common for me. One example is loading a save. I can load it and it crashes, reload the same save, it crashes again, reload same save and it works. Strange.

It reminds me of the bit in The Holy Grail

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England. "

They say the definition of insanity is performing the same action over and over again, expecting a different result. Well, in OM, it actually works that way.

Anyway, for Ishmael, have you done the address array memory fix to allow SH4 to use 4 GB of memory? This simple fix can correct many crashes in SH4, especially loading crashes, crashes when going to the bridge for the first time, and crashes near port.

Read of it here

http://www.subsowespac.org/the-patro...ry-boost.shtml

Be sure to reset the exe to read only so that your fix sticks.

I've completed many patrols in OM without having experienced your exact issue, and for the current career I happen to be in the 2nd as well, having reached early '43 (Type IXC U-502). For what it's worth, I am using none of the last seven mods in your list, so perhaps it is related to one of those. If it were me I would try disabling those last 7, then reloading the save. If it works right, you can re-enable each one at a time and perhaps identify the culprit, though none may be.

Last edited by Threadfin; 09-19-16 at 09:47 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 09:59 AM   #3488
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Crashes loading and then loading ok in my experience are down to compatibility issues.
Most likely to happen now when running OS10 from an upgrade.
Run any applications SH4.exe, JSGME etc, as administrators which in themselves can be of help and stop loading problems.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 02:02 AM   #3489
nionios
Sparky

And remember Ishmael:
after enabling/disabling mods, start game from port.Many mod installation instructions suggest this.
Old 09-25-16, 01:18 AM   #3490
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Is whis still uptaded?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 02:04 AM   #3491
nionios
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Is whis still uptaded?
I don't think so,as far as I know.
Old 09-28-16, 09:58 AM   #3492
FiestaMasta
Nub

Downloads: 7

Hey folks,

been on a U boat grind recently and decided to start back into SH4. Also for the first time decided to start playing with mods. After a few days of monkeying around I finally got Op Monsun to work. I understand the nature of the beast as I've read through most of the Turumbau Disasters and Surviving Op Monsun thread. Though I did run into a problem last night after the conclusion of an all evening patrol. (It was glorious, everything was running perfectly and smoothly)

Now from most of the tips I've read, I've learned to not overwrite saves and just create new saves. Plus save often. So through my all evening patrol last night I've created around 10-15 saves. Op Monsun may have crashed once or twice when encountering a convoy but that seems to be normal. I would just reboot SH4, continue from most recent save and keep playing.

I just finished a convoy attack just west of the English Channel firing off the last of my torps. Maneuvered through the channel and made my way back to Wilhelmshaven by Helgioland for resupply. After resupply I make my way to the open sea close to Helgio and make a save.

This is when I decide to do something in hindsight that was pretty stupid. But curiosity got the better of me. Even though I've read not to enter within 20km of an English Port I was inspired by a forum post I read about someone being the Terror of the Thames. So I decide to Saunter over to the dock by the mouth of the Thames to see what I can find in port. Weather is rough, I'm making my way over with weather and night on my side. I get withing 2km of the dock and go ahead and make a save, then hit F5 to enter the bridge. Game crashes.

Now, I'm thinking, this is alright. I've crashed upon entering the bridge before. Especially since I had maybe x2 or x4 TC on. (I try to keep it at x1 before I do anything graphical now such as enter free camera or bridge)

I reload SH4, first I risk the Thames save just outside of port. Loading gets to about 70%, "Please Wait" pops up, after 10 seconds get a CTD.

Ok, that's fine, the save is right next to port, I understand that can cause problems. Step 2. Reload SH4 and attempt my save from just outside of Helgioland in the open Sea. Same thing, 70% load bar, "Please Wait", CTD.

Now I'm starting to get a little confused, so I load my save before Helgioland where I'm in the middle of the English Channel on my way back to Wilhelmshaven. THE GAME LOADS, YAY! BUT, every icon, button, speed, depth, heading dial is all white. White boxes everywhere. My view is from the inside of my sub, besides a tiny sliver that I am standing on and parts of my crew that I can see, everything else is all white. Any hotkey I press causes a CTD. So I keep loading saves, going further back, exact same thing, white boxes and white washed graphics.

The nail in the coffin I think was I decided, ok, how about a brand new campaign. Same exact thing, white boxes and whitewash everything.

So now I'm in the process of completely reinstalling SH4 to start fresh, going to reload the mods and give the saves another go. I am also going to attempt the memory fix mentioned above to see if that helps with any stability.

Running Op Monsun and OMEGU with correct starting order installed via JSGME.
FiestaMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 10:35 AM   #3493
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

FiestaMasta!
Quote:
This is when I decide to do something in hindsight that was pretty stupid. But curiosity got the better of me. Even though I've read not to enter within 20km of an English Port I was inspired by a forum post I read about someone being the Terror of the Thames. So I decide to Saunter over to the dock by the mouth of the Thames to see what I can find in port. Weather is rough, I'm making my way over with weather and night on my side. I get withing 2km of the dock and go ahead and make a save, then hit F5 to enter the bridge. Game crashes.
Great first post! it certainly's not the Thame as everyone elses'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 06:20 AM   #3494
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Fiesta

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:30 AM   #3495
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaMasta View Post
I am also going to attempt the memory fix mentioned above to see if that helps with any stability.

As mentioned the 'bridge' crash is exactly the sort of crash that this memory fix, err, fixed for me. I'd wager this will solve that particular issue for you.