Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 07-16-07, 09:56 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Spitfire XIV

I took my time and asked some months ago what Spitfire people could recommend for FS9 (there are four commercial packages now). I then thought about the one by RealAir, knowing the quality of their SF260 for FS2000/2002. Then I decided for upgrading the SF260 instead, and forgot the Spit.

Yesterday I became proud owner of the RealAir Spitfire XIV, with a Griffon engine instead of the Merlin. and again I find RealAir to be of top class when it comes to quality of super-crispy VC, flight model, and visual presentation. (it even does not offer a 2D cockpit, for the VC beats most 2D-pits out there anyway).

If you love to fly these old things in FS, I strongly recommend this baby. It is miles away from the FM for the Spit in IL2 - this is the main message I have for you. I do not need to write a long essay myself, since avsim.com and RealAir both have very good and detailed reviews available with which I 100%ly agree.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1204/raspitfire/raspitfire-new.htm

http://www.realairsimulations.com/content2.php?page=henriques1

It is the only aircraft I know of where you can really cripple your engine and so you need to keep an eye on oil temperature. The flight model again does wonders and is said to be very close to the real XIX/Griffon. sitting in this thing, you are riding sheer brutal power, and the sim let you feel it. Of course, good manuals. For those interested in the matter: highly recommended! One may think if oyu have the one plane, you do not need the other. I disagree. I do not regret to have payed for both the Spit, and the SF260. Both are flying in the premier league.
Old 07-27-07, 10:06 AM   #2
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

I totally agree! RealAir are in another league, all their addons are superb. lol, until a few days ago I didn't know you could cripple your engine, i found out the hard way! It's a bit annoying when your engine suddenly bursts into flames and stops working, especially when your flying under the Forth Rail Bridge.:rotfl:

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote