SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 09:00 AM   #751
atfcharger
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've owned this game since the day it was released physically in the states. I was somewhat disappointed that my machine has some difficulty playing the game with everything maxxed out, as I love the visuals of SH3 and SH4. Once I got my game tweaked the way I wanted it to blend performance and quality I realized that my enthusiasm to continue on playing SH4 was seriously lacking with all the bugs that were present.

I agree that patches 1.1 and 1.2 fixed a lot of what kept me from even double-clicking the desktop shortcut at first. Even after that, however, I'm angry that as customers we essentially need to plead our cases to Ubisoft to fix the obviously apparent problems that remain. What's worse is that we post here in chorus with a number of review sites, many of them very prominent, that gave the game a lower score and even, themselves, pointed out the still remaining flaws!

You can't tell me that the leadership within Ubisoft doesn't troll through the net to see what people are saying about their games! I'm not just talking an owner or whatever; I'm talking about leadership at any level from programming leads to documentation/research leads or whoever. The fact that consumers are still talking about issues with a product and no apparent indication from Ubisoft to correct those issues isn't a more obvious example of execution and follow-through.

I don't want to say that I won't play the game until the bugs are fixed because that just gives them the ammo to say "Well we got his money anyway. Why make a patch if he's not playing the game?" I am still playing the game! And like everyone else I do want play a game that feels complete. The only way to do that is to make at least a third patch.

-Travis
Old 05-19-07, 09:05 AM   #752
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

We need another patch!!
Old 05-19-07, 09:08 AM   #753
abslayer
Nub

This the same software devolper that made Pacific Fighters a WW2 fight sim??

They never did repair this game , game would not play on most game sticks , would not even take direct X imputs without this you could not program sticks to play flight sim and I swore I would never buy one of there games again.
Brand new game was not even usable . Only way you could play it was with keyboard , you ever hear of this type of problem in any other fly sim out there , inculding there other flight sims.
Ended up throughing game away , they left ever one hanging never ever got help from them.

I have Silent Hunter 111 never got 4 I do not trust them any more and after reading posts here with good reasons , sounds just like what happen with Pacific Fighters all over again , so do not get your hopes up , this is what they do now patch it a little bit but if there is biger problems that cost money to fix , well good luck.
Old 05-19-07, 09:09 AM   #754
lavigne.mike
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11
Default No question - patch 1.3 desperately needed!

Totally agree with this thread - UBI - it's time to fix this train wreck!!!
Old 05-19-07, 09:09 AM   #755
MacGraham
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 32

Please UBISOFT, finish the game!
Old 05-19-07, 09:09 AM   #756
RavenOne
Bilge Rat

Count me in with this one. Yeah yeah I know this is my first post on this
forum, but obviously there are legitimate concerns to be addressed.

Patch 1.3 is really an absolute must to bring this game up to standard.

RavenOne out.
Old 05-19-07, 09:10 AM   #757
ref
Grey Wolf

My vote too.
Old 05-19-07, 09:16 AM   #758
Dreadnought99
Nub

Downloads: 36

What do we want? PATCH 1.3
When do we want it? NOW!!!!

Either that or we all go back to SH3...

Cheers,
Dreadnought99
Old 05-19-07, 09:17 AM   #759
Blarg
Watch

I would buy from UBI again

If they do the patch

Blarg
Old 05-19-07, 09:17 AM   #760
neilbell
Bilge Rat

Default We need this patch!

Don't leave us users out in the cold - get this patch done for us.
Old 05-19-07, 09:18 AM   #761
mabad
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default Dissapointing but was something I could predict

Dear Ubisoft,

I wrote in this forum when SH IV was announced that I would wait until the game was fully patched. My experience with SH III was the first one, where I bought a game and had to be watching nearly on a daily basis on the net to see whether a patch to correct faults was issued. After weeks or waiting I gave up. In the end I downloaded, nearly a year later, a mod from the community to play the game... but that should not be the case.

I was looking here for the threads regarding SH IV, as I was supposing the SH III experience could be repeated. Hoping the company had learnt from errors in the past, I had the intention to buy SH IV at discounted price after a year of the issuing date: to compensate for SHIII.

In the case of SHIII: it is allright if modders patch a game and make it usable, but it is the professionality of a software company to produce a software that at least offers the functionality it announces, without having to re- re-patch the product to get a stable version (bottom line: without need of end user beta testing).

I am starting to think that Ubisoft is not the company to invest in this kind of simulation, as seems not to be learning from errors in the past (which is bad for the image you are projecting and for future projects of this kind you want to start).

To end my message, let me add my voice to the other members of the forum and request that you complete the product they bought (and that I could probably buy if you do it). If you don't, well.... it is up to you. For me it would be a "Goodbye for Ubisoft and Sub Simulations". Think that the competence does not sleep and if someone sees what the market is demanding and what the offer is, you are going to loose if you don't correct your ways. Nothing to say about the second thoughts we all might get at buying a new game from a company that repeatedly sends to the shelves not completely functional games, which do not get fixed because the teams get disbanded to work in other projects.

My two cents.
Old 05-19-07, 09:23 AM   #762
Donner
Officer

Downloads: 113

We need a third patch. Ubi please allow the developer's to finish the simulation.
Old 05-19-07, 09:25 AM   #763
SubConscious
Frogman

Downloads: 102

I was one of the many who eagerly awaited Silent Hunter 4. I have learned, however, to be cautious about purchasing spin-offs of existing games.

The main reason for this is simple: I don’t like being an unwitting beta tester.

So when I read the reviews of Silent Hunter 4, I decided to wait until the UbiSoft team fixed the multitudinous bugs. I’m still waiting.

If there is a reason for UbiSoft to hustle on this and future patches it’s because of people like me. I’m the sort who will not only buy the game, I’ll buy the subsequent expansions and add-ons. I’ll also tell all my friends about the game and try to convince them to play it. One of my friends hosts LAN parties of up to 15 people. None of the regular players have SH4 yet.

They say time is money. In this case, it’s absolutely true. I won’t be buying the game until my SubSim compatriots are giving it two big thumbs up.
Old 05-19-07, 09:26 AM   #764
SnowCajun
Bosun

Default Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What?

Come on UBI, I didn't invest in your game to see you sit on your thumbs, I invested in it fully believing you'd support your product! Things need to be fixed, please continue on by updating and fixing Silent Hunter IV as we had faith in you that you would do, as any reputable game designer should do, and as their customers would expect them to do, especially if you want more of our money in the future.

SnowCajun
Old 05-19-07, 09:27 AM   #765
stinger503
Sailor man

Downloads: 2

woot signs we need patches