SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-17, 02:25 AM   #31
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

@Julhelm

Can you give a brief explanation of what you mean by the "specific way" in which you create your in game models? I'm not sure I would understand as a no-game-development-experience cretin but perhaps others may find it more interesting.
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 12:34 PM   #32
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

EnjoyableSTIG!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 02:21 PM   #33
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

All of the submarines and ships use a standardized texture layout, and rely heavily on standardized 'modular' parts. This significantly decreases the time required to build a unit and get it ingame.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 06:13 PM   #34
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
All of the submarines and ships use a standardized texture layout, and rely heavily on standardized 'modular' parts. This significantly decreases the time required to build a unit and get it ingame.
This is also what makes it possible for some of the great work done by PRS creating subs like the Papa and Virginia class by "grafting on" parts from other models and positioning them appropriately.
Old 08-08-17, 09:30 PM   #35
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

@Aktungbby - thanks!

Could you make modular submarine hulls? That would be interesting. This game could turn into Kerbal Space Program - Submarine edition...
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-17, 05:35 PM   #36
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

mod updated

-MK 37 torpedo overhaul, lowered noise levels to prevent subs from hearing torpedoes in their baffles. Throughout testing they still hear them from other angles though so all seems good.
-Overhauled and added a few sensors (like BQR-15)
-Added many improved models made by Leopard Driver using available CW assets (Tang, Darter, Greyback, Halibut, Skate, Sailfish, Tullibee, Barbel, Glenard P. Lipscomb, all included SSBNs)
-new hypothetical "Permit-class SSGN"
-new Tunny SSG
-Regulus I and II cruise missiles.
Old 08-27-17, 08:56 PM   #37
beanermarine
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3
Default install help

ok, I'm just gonna to be blunt. its been a long time since I modded any games and I've forgotten how to. So will you tell me how to install your mod onto my cw game. thanks
beanermarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 11:03 AM   #38
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanermarine View Post
ok, I'm just gonna to be blunt. its been a long time since I modded any games and I've forgotten how to. So will you tell me how to install your mod onto my cw game. thanks
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5260

Follow the installation instructions in the first part of the description and you should do fine. Let me know if you have any difficulties.
Old 09-25-17, 04:21 PM   #39
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Due to the recent updates, changes made to some of the assets have caused some of the 3d work which was done for OAS to become misaligned. Work is being done to rectify this but for the time being I've decided to hold off on a newer version until we can rectify everything.

In other news, I've completed a conversion of the Echo II class SSGN which will function as a more credible stand-in for the Triton class SSN/SSRN. As well as a few new hypothetical classes (some from the mind of Leopard Driver). Stay tuned for updates as we get things into shape for re-release.

Last edited by The Bandit; 09-28-17 at 07:23 AM.
The Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 09:08 AM   #40
jack33
Seaman

Downloads: 252
Default Nautilus please

Nautilus please
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 02:24 PM   #41
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack33 View Post
Nautilus please
Nautilus has been in for quite some time. Was the first boat that Leopard Driver sent me. Right now I'm working on adjusting and re-positioning the aft planes and rudders on many of the "square boats" (thing Tang, Skate and so on) as well as coming up for some type of substitution for the 5-blade Skipjack prop (probably going to use the Victor model for now).

Also if I could I'd like to but an inquiry out for anybody willing to try their hand at making appropriate textures for some of these american boats, especially the GUPPYs (like to try to minimize the soviet origin of their Foxtrot-based model as much as possible).
Old 10-07-17, 06:52 AM   #42
DarkShark22
Swabbie

Downloads: 24

Hi there!
I've been having a lot of fun with the PRS mod but I feel the need to have more subs in my arsenal! Is it possible to use multiple mods at the same time? I really want to download this mod but I want to be sure that it doesn't break my game if I do.

(sorry for my bad English)
DarkShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-17, 10:41 PM   #43
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark22 View Post
Hi there!
I've been having a lot of fun with the PRS mod but I feel the need to have more subs in my arsenal! Is it possible to use multiple mods at the same time? I really want to download this mod but I want to be sure that it doesn't break my game if I do.

(sorry for my bad English)
While it technically is possible to run multiple mods, many things have to be in consensus for it to work properly (weapons.txt and sensors.txt files have to be synchronized and the new subs have to be added to the main vessel-list and respective campaign summaries and single missions).

For now this mod is out of date and I'm working on the next update. In the future, I would suggest playing one mod at a time, either using JSGME or by simply renaming your "override" folder to something different and running one mod at a time.

In the future I'd like to be able to do something to make this mod fully capable of running with PRS however its going to be daunting / impossible to keep up with their update schedule / frequency and this would probably cause more problems than it would solve.
Old 10-19-17, 02:09 AM   #44
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Mod updated
Old 10-19-17, 05:20 AM   #45
jack33
Seaman

Downloads: 252
Default thank´s