SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-17, 05:38 AM   #1
Satch93
Nub

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0
Default food storage and nutrition mod?

Dear community,

I am playing with TWOS 2.09 installed and love the increased immersion, it is such a great game now after a long struggle with different mods.

Still I wonder how my crew survives after long weeks of operation. The fresh stock should long be gone and they'd be left only with a small amount of cans of stew, meat, bread, milk, smoked meat products and juices to consume. What even about drinking water? History tells us that stockpiling definetely was a limiting factor in submarine warfare, not only because at a certain point you'd have to either return to port or meet up with a "Milchkuh" (type ix in supply role, even with a bakery on board) before starvation but also because the spoilage of fresh food and the often low quality and nutritional value of canned goods was an energy and morale limiting factor on board.

I would LOVE to see a mod concerning this topic one day. Even if it was just a quantity bar other consumables like fuel, oxygen, pressured air and electricity.

Thank you for your work so far!!! You modders made this game worth to be played!
Satch93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 05:41 PM   #2
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Absolutely...I would love to see more realism ...and more things to have to think about. How morale would be effected by eating scrapes after a few weeks on patrol.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote