SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-12, 07:04 PM   #1531
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I had a strange sdymptom tonight, after having installed the latest patch 1.5 c or what it was called. When game time poassed into night, the sky still was ghostly white, no stars, just one of the moons was there. It then seems to stay like that even after morning and day had broken. Its not rightout white like a sheet of paper, but somewhat milky, misty. Also, no clouds. Seems I lost the sky textures somehow?!

No mods in use over here, no texture replacements and light-darkness mods. Just the official HighRes pack, which worked okay until today.
Old 03-29-12, 07:57 PM   #1532
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Might try verifying game cache. Right-click it in Steam library, 'properties' and then under 'local files'. Something can go screwy when patching.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 06:34 PM   #1533
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Thanks. At next startup the problem had gone all by itself.
Old 04-01-12, 01:00 AM   #1534
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Skyrim DLC Info Leaked

Old 04-01-12, 03:26 AM   #1535
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

*backs into the wall*

Can't...trust...anyone...
Old 04-01-12, 04:04 AM   #1536
Kapitän Schneider
Engineer

Downloads: 34

That's a nice April Fool's joke you got there Krauter.

Isn't if funny how these "leaks" always seem to be from someone who was just recently fired.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle, after the victory has been won.

Also known as Brandenburger and Zirran elsewhere.
Kapitän Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 07:55 PM   #1537
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän Schneider View Post
That's a nice April Fool's joke you got there Krauter.

Isn't if funny how these "leaks" always seem to be from someone who was just recently fired.
Fooled me, I read it in the 'Bit of news' thread and thought Oh yeah! Sabre mounts!!!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:06 PM   #1538
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

The kill cams for magic are slightly annoying but anyways...

So my uber mage I played the entire main quest, and college and lots of side quests with only cloth, robes, etc a 'typical' mage if you will..... I have finally broke the ebony mail is just too sinister and i'm tired of missing out on the evil looking priest masks.... why do they count as armor I just don't get it.

Rant over. On a side note, this is good news.

"Look familiar? The new kill cams were featured as a concept in the Game Jam sizzle shown during Todd Howard's DICE keynote. We plan on adding even more features with upcoming free updates and game add-on content."
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:35 PM   #1539
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I hope at least some of that 'April Fools' joke is true, using weapons, spells and shouts whilst on mounts would be a good addition, likewise a first person camera. I'm not that fussed about Dragon riding, whilst it would be cool at first it would probably get old eventually, but not having to dismount while a wolf is eating your ankles is a bit of a necessity if you're going to have ridable horses in the game.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 10:13 AM   #1540
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Seems like I read that same "leak" weeks ago and it was pretty thoroughly debunked at the time on either the UESP or Beth forums.

Dragon mounts in particular seem like a really farfetched idea, unless they're only going to be ridable in/over a completely open landscape. That eliminates all of Skyrim's major cities. Even if you could fly a dragon directly into the city, where you gonna park it? You'd still have to land outside and schlep up to the gates to load the cell and get inside.

Also, given that even with the timescale set to a more realistic level you can still get from one end of the playable world in a pretty short time just on foot, being able to ride a dragon would be a bit of overkill when it comes to transportation IMO. Unless they're going to add a bunch more places that are otherwise inaccessible, like Skuldafn. Yeah just flying around on a dragon would be cool if it actually happened in real time and you could see the world via that experience but they didn't even bother with that for the one experience you get in the original game. "See the world as only a Dovah can" my @$$.

In other news I haven't even loaded the game since completing the MQ with my current character 10 *DAYS* ago. My plan was to go back in and finish up the DB stuff and then join the Legion and play out the Civil War and roleplay it where I saw the opportunity to kill the Emperor as a way to clear the path to power for myself, and then I could coast right on to total conquest by becoming known not only as the Dovahkiin and slayer of Alduin but also as the hero who crushed the rebellion thus gaining the support of the common peeps and the military and then it's on to the Imperial City WOOT!

But now... I don't know. I suppose I will because it's doubtful I'll follow those questlines any time soon with another character. Because I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like playing the type of character that makes those choices. I started out to play a more amoral stealth based character and I realize... I just don't enjoy that. The longer I played, the more I gravitated to melee weapons (altho I did make myself stick with 1H all the way) when possible and only using stealth and/or a little magic when absolutely necessary to get a particular thing done. In short, I want my in-your-face heavy-armor-wearing BFWarhammer-carrying Nord warrior back.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-04-12 at 10:26 AM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 11:07 AM   #1541
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I just want to say... bookshelves are a PITA to create.

I've been working on my own version of a "basement" in whiterun, only with a slightly different twist then the standard (and even epic) housing mods. I think you guys will like it, though i somehow doubt anyone here will even look at it unless i shove it up on the nexus.

Not done yet, but i've been working on it with the same zeal i used to put toward TMO for Sh4.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 11:41 AM   #1542
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
This must be why so many player-home mods add a bunch of them and then they NEVER seem to work right. Always a disappointment, I remember getting the Dovahkiin Hideout mod and looking wide-eyed at all the shelves and then realizing that 2/3rds of them didn't really function as bookshelves unless you wanted to drop your books and then pick them up and manually put them there.

Quote:
I've been working on my own version of a "basement" in whiterun, only with a slightly different twist then the standard (and even epic) housing mods. I think you guys will like it, though i somehow doubt anyone here will even look at it unless i shove it up on the nexus.

Not done yet, but i've been working on it with the same zeal i used to put toward TMO for Sh4.
If it's something that can be set up to work with JSGME, I wouldn't mind giving it a look depending on what it adds. I found a nice little mod for Breezehome that really improved the stock interior but it didn't really add much in the way of extras except an enchanting table, and it didn't do a very good job of that. And one bookshelf in the loft which I promptly disabled/deleted because the positioning was so awkward and I wanted mannequins there and this character never collected books anyway.

My big complaints with Breezehome are the firepit in the center of the room right in front of the only entrance, the last step up to the second floor that it's impossible NOT to trip over, and the lack of an enchanting table. More working bookshelves and weapons/armor storage space would be nice but obviously that requires some kind of add-on to the stock interior and I still haven't found one I really like, much less one that also fixes the other stuff mentioned above. Oh and one that keeps Lydia the hell out of my bedroom until she either dies or I can leave her in Skyhaven Temple to rot with the rest of what's left of the Blades. Altho one of my follower mods might fix the Lydia issue, I can't be sure. She died so soon this time around I never really had a chance to find out.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 12:24 PM   #1543
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
This must be why so many player-home mods add a bunch of them and then they NEVER seem to work right. Always a disappointment, I remember getting the Dovahkiin Hideout mod and looking wide-eyed at all the shelves and then realizing that 2/3rds of them didn't really function as bookshelves unless you wanted to drop your books and then pick them up and manually put them there.
I have FIVE, 3 shelf bookshelves working, each shelf holding 15 books. It took me while, with a few tutuorials on youtube, (one of which, the guy didn't do it right), and i ended up following the tutorial on the creationkit wiki.

Long story? Each book has a marker. Each marker has to be referenced to a container object. There's two triggers. One lets you access the container to read/place books. The other allows you to access the shelf like a chest. Both triggers are referenced to the container object. Then you have to add collesion cubes, Each has to be sized correctly but the gist is you have to totally encapsulate each bookshelf so that the books have no where to go.

This is just one shelf. Do it right, clone it for the 3 remaining shelves, then clone your "complete" bookshelf. I tested this throughly with FusRodah (no pun intended), i even redid this part from scratch when i discovered i used the wrong collesion detection.

Quote:
If it's something that can be set up to work with JSGME, I wouldn't mind giving it a look depending on what it adds.
All my skyrim mods are in JSGME. I even made a smithing one, that lets you melt down weapons into ingots.

Quote:
I found a nice little mod for Breezehome that really improved the stock interior but it didn't really add much in the way of extras except an enchanting table, and it didn't do a very good job of that. And one bookshelf in the loft which I promptly disabled/deleted because the positioning was so awkward and I wanted mannequins there and this character never collected books anyway.

Most of your house mods are "my first mods" on breezehome. They either redecorate it, or add a basement. For good reason, its the most lackluster house, the first one you get, but the most important thing, is whiterun is centrally located.

The thing about this "basement" im doing, is it's not really a basement at all, though it is underground. It will eventually be named something like "Whiterun Underground". The entrance? I haven't tied it into the game world yet, but i'll tell you where it will be. Fast travel to whiterun. Don't move foward. Immediately look to your right. You'll see a an arch/walkway thats part of the city wall. Walk to it. While in this overhang, look to your right again, and you'll see a out of the way little corner that's hidden from view with just one barrel there. The entrance will be there.

What this will mean is that this "home" will use the existing whiterun fast travel marker. It's right there. Also allows you quick access to the vender/blacksmith. Ive been desging this for logisitcs, practicality, functionality, and atmosphere. It will look and sound like your underground.

Last edited by Ducimus; 04-04-12 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-04-12, 05:14 PM   #1544
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

Oh god, so it begins

I'm sure in a years time Duci will have modded the crap out of Skyrim and we'll all be wishing Bethesda had hired him for initial development
Old 04-04-12, 06:16 PM   #1545
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

See all the individual book markers?

Nothing in them right now, but they all work. I filled them all up earlier and used unrelenting force a bunch of times to see if i could knock them loose, or disappear. (A bug i had earlier, but fixed by completely redoing this)