SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-18, 01:16 AM   #1
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Default Release Q4 2018

Hi guys!

As this game seems very promising and no official release date visiible without research I thought about creating this thread.
In the last Dev update they say:
Quote:
Instead, we will release the game into Early Access on Steam by the end of this year.

We've chosen early access instead of a full release because this way we will have more control over the whole process.
I also pre ordered the game here: https://www.mmoga.co.uk/Steam-Games/...lator-WW2.html
Old 09-15-18, 07:45 AM   #2
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

There has been a fair bit of delay, but its a big game for just 3 or so devs, and I think the wait is nearly over
Im happy they are doing early access.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 08:38 PM   #3
Ernstww
Mate

Downloads: 2

It's astonishing what three developers have accomplished.

I gather they are going straight from Kickstarter Beta to Early Access and omitting the Open Beta.

Here's hoping they get Early Access for the Christmas sales and that it does well!

Imagine what they could do with FOUR developers!

Ernstww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-18, 03:58 AM   #4
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Im telling you Polish People are like machines!, I never met any other European culture/peoples who can work so hard without having a meltdown. :
Saw some video the other day about how Poland's economy is steadily grown (even though the 2009 crash)
Old 09-16-18, 05:43 AM   #5
ivo63
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

I hope it release very soon... I love it
ivo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 06:19 AM   #6
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115
Default New Official Gameplay Trailer New World War

Hi all!

Found this. Not sure it has been posted previously:

And this:

Last edited by rik007; 09-23-18 at 07:05 AM.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 08:28 PM   #7
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1484

I just pre-ordered the sim also, looks good.

JeffG
Old 09-26-18, 02:42 PM   #8
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Default Other Platforms?

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in this forum but I'm curious if there's anymore talk or plans for this game to be released on other platforms. Mac, Xbox, PS4 etc. As much as I'd like to play, I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 03:08 PM   #9
Penner10000
Watch

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfleck View Post
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in this forum but I'm curious if there's anymore talk or plans for this game to be released on other platforms. Mac, Xbox, PS4 etc. As much as I'd like to play, I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.

So how do you think will you play this game with a controller? In my Opinion, playing a mouse-and-keyboard-game with controller is horrible!
Penner10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 03:14 PM   #10
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I won't ever go back to the maintenance nightmare, time vampire world of a gaming PC.
Oh, Its not so bad these days. And as pointed out, this game with a controller? Yeah... No.
Old 09-27-18, 08:28 AM   #11
Ernstww
Mate

I have re-mapped keyboard games onto an xbox controller with a keyboard emulator. MMO games filled with macros and WASD intensive games seem to work well with movement remapped to the joystick. Games with Quick Time events benefit from being able to mash a programmed Turbo button. I usually prefer my emulator setup to native controller support as its more flexible. The mouse is still a part of the setup as I find controller mousing a pain.

this is kind of the opposite of eliminating the PC and rather adds a layer of maintenance - LOL.

For something like a subsim with dozens of shortcut keys and where WASD movement is not critical and everything is mouse dependent, I wouldn't do it. Although you can have the best of both worlds, some games have a single activity that lends itself to controller action. You could program it for that event and leave it next to the keyboard. I find Navel Action is a game like that (Lots of WASD) as it The Lond Dark (WASD and Quick Time events).

Last edited by Ernstww; 09-27-18 at 08:43 AM.
Ernstww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:03 PM   #12
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I see your point with the controller issue. Mac would be my platform of choice as it's been for everything else for nearly the last decade. Nearly maintenance free and ultra reliable. My opportunity to play would be limited at this point in my life. That being the case who in my situation has time for the blue screen of death and chasing instability demons?
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:54 PM   #13
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I see your point with the controller issue. Mac would be my platform of choice as it's been for everything else for nearly the last decade. Nearly maintenance free and ultra reliable. My opportunity to play would be limited at this point in my life. That being the case who in my situation has time for the blue screen of death and chasing instability demons?
Windows 7 and 10 are pretty rock solid as is modern Direct X and Nvidia/AmdATI Graphics Drivers, I've not seen a blue screen for about 10 years myself.
Macs and PCs have used the same hardware (intel architecture) for while now anyway.
Old 10-05-18, 04:23 AM   #14
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

It depends on how much you want to get out of your system...I'd rather have a PC as it completely customizeable. Parts of mine (mainly a storage HDD drive) are from my very first PC, so more than 10 years old. I think my last BlueScreen was with WinVista...while I upgraded it to Win7. xD

Macs have the problem that I can't really adjust them to my liking, I can't upgrade them without major problems and the majority of games I like to play either does not run on them or you need an extremely expensive one. And then you still have the problem that a lot of games are simply not released for Mac. It's personal preference of course. But I'd rather cut off one foot than use a Mac instead of a PC.
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 08:32 AM   #15
Ernstww
Mate

Default Kickstarter Beta

Quote from nihilcat today, "...second week is still the plan. Should be ready by Friday."