SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-18, 07:17 PM   #1306
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Well I for one hope something good will come from all this, I say give Trump some time to make this work, I'm not ready to throw him to the wolves just yet!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 09:02 AM   #1307
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Well I for one hope something good will come from all this, I say give Trump some time to make this work, I'm not ready to throw him to the wolves just yet!
Right on Reece Give the guy a chance ... no progress no removal of sanctions
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 05:17 PM   #1308
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default LIAR! LIAR! FATBOY'S PANT ON FIRE!

SO MUCH FOR DENUCLEARIZATION:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DAYS [B
WSJ[/B]] North Korea is thought to be developing a new submarine capable of launching nuclear-armed ballistic missiles, a senior South Korean lawmaker said, signaling an increased threat to U.S. and allied forces while raising doubts about the regime’s pledges to disarm.
Evidence gathered by South Korea’s military suggests Pyongyang is working on the submarine on its east coast, said Kim Hack-yong, who chaired the legislature’s defense committee until his term ended a few weeks ago. Mr. Kim, who belongs to a conservative opposition party that is skeptical of dialogue with Pyongyang, cited intelligence provided last week by defense officials.
Satellite imagery reviewed by South Korean intelligence officials showed the movement of laborers and materials at the port of Sinpo, where the submarine appears to be under construction at an indoor facility, an aide to Mr. Kim said.
A Defense Ministry spokesman said he couldn’t comment on details pertaining to intelligence activities but stressed that Seoul and Washington continue to monitor North Korea’s military facilities.
North Korea’s submarine-launched ballistic missile program was first publicized in 2014. North Korea is believed to have undertaken four to six test launches of its SLBM model known as the KN 11. The test firing of a missile in 2016 that traveled 300 miles signaled that the program was progressing.>

U.S. officials consider the program a threat because such missiles are harder to identify and destroy before launch, potentially giving North Korea a greater element of surprise in an attack. The U.S. Embassy in Seoul couldn’t immediately comment.
As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo visits Pyongyang, North Korean weapons developments have raised questions about North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s commitment to denuclearize following his agreement with President Donald Trump in Singapore last month. Their joint statement lacked specifics, leaving the regime wiggle room as to what exactly constitutes denuclearization.
In Pyongyang on Friday, Mr. Pompeo was expected to press North Korean officials for concrete steps to deliver on those pledges, such as a timeline for disarmament.
In recent days, though, satellite images have indicated North Korea is expanding a missile-production facility and erecting a new building at one of its plutonium-producing reactors.
North Korea also appears to be preparing for its annual summer military exercises and hasn’t ceased sending orders to its spies in South Korea through coded messages, said Mr. Kim, the lawmaker.
The latest evidence shows the need to maintain pressure on North Korea and force the regime to negotiate, said Yang Uk, the chief defense analyst at Korea Defense and Security Forum, a Seoul-based private think tank.
“It’s too early to say if the North Koreans have defaulted on the Singapore agreement to denuclearize,” he said. “But earlier satellite images have already shown enough evidence proving North Korea has not abandoned its SLBM program.”
Hwang Jin-ha, a retired South Korean Army lieutenant-general and the former chairman of the defense committee at the country’s legislature, said he believed the latest information to be credible. Mr. Hwang, a former lawmaker, belongs to the same party as Kim Hack-yong.
North Korea’s navy operates a fleet of about 70 submarines, alongside 430 surface combat ships, according to South Korea’s Defense Ministry. It also maintains 250 amphibious vessels and 20 minesweepers.
South Korea’s navy has about 10 submarines, according to the ministry. It maintains 110 surface combat ships and 10 amphibious vessels. Seoul, however, possesses advanced assets, including three Aegis-equipped warships able to intercept incoming ballistic missiles.
The North’s pursuit of nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles has led to several rounds of sanctions against the regime and threats of U.S. military action from Mr. Trump.
But a detente has emerged this year, driven in large part by South Korean President Moon Jae-in, bringing the U.S. and North Korean leaders to their first meeting.
Mr. Kim, the third-generation dictator, has declared his nuclear force complete and said he wanted to focus on rebuilding his sanctions-strained economy.
After the Singapore summit, the U.S. and South Korea agreed to suspend military exercises that had angered Pyongyang and that Mr. Trump had described as provocative and expensive.
The regime, meanwhile, agreed to return the remains of U.S. military personnel killed in the 1950-53 Korean War. That hasn’t happened; it wasn’t immediately clear whether Mr. Pompeo’s trip to Pyongyang would yield progress on that front.
ALL RHETORIC AND PHOTO-POSED HANDSHAKES ASIDE; BUSINESS APPEARS AS USUAL UNTIL FATBOY GETS A NEW COMMAND FROM HIS CHINESE OVERLORD.....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 07:58 AM   #1309
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Is anyone actually surprised?

Wash, spin and repeat!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 10:26 AM   #1310
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Let them go broke ... Trump didn't remove the sanctions yet. If left unchecked five (5) years from now they could be cruising off the coast of California
or achievement

Old 07-08-18, 01:56 PM   #1311
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Is anyone actually surprised?

Wash, spin and repeat!!
INDEED! THE LATAST INTHIS AM'S NEWS:
Quote:
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Sunday brushed aside North Korea's accusation of "gangster-like" demands, maintaining that his third visit to the country was producing results but vowing that sanctions would remain until Pyongyang follows through on leader Kim Jong Un's pledge to get rid of his nuclear weapons. Pompeo downplayed North Korea's statement after the talks in which the country's foreign ministry bashed hopes for a quick deal and accused the U.S. of making "gangster-like" demands aimed at forcing it to abandon nuclear weapons..."If those requests were gangster-like, the world is a gangster," Pompeo said, noting that numerous U.N. Security Council resolutions have demanded that the North rid itself of nuclear weapons and end its ballistic missile program.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/pompeo-us-demands-gangster-like-then-the-world-is-a-gangster
FATBOY CALLING US A GANGSTER IS ''HIGH PRAISE FROM CAESAR''!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-09-18 at 01:50 PM. Reason: REPLACE DEAD LINK
Old 07-09-18, 06:36 AM   #1312
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^^^^^
Quote:
Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries.

Old 07-09-18, 11:01 AM   #1313
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

^FIXED; ORIGINAL LINK APPEARS TO HAVE GONE DEAD

Old 07-09-18, 01:37 PM   #1314
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"gangster-like" demands eh?

A bit rich coming from someone who has committed so many "gangster-like" killings.

Old 07-09-18, 01:49 PM   #1315
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
FATBOY CALLING US A GANGSTER IS HIGH PRAISE FROM CAESAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
"gangster-like" demands eh?

A bit rich coming from someone who has committed so many "gangster-like" killings.
PRECISELY! HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED AT THE STATE VISIT IN SINGAPORE FOR THE ASSSINATION OF HIS OWN HALF-BROTHER. DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY...MY Aß! REVOKED!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-09-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-09-18, 01:52 PM   #1316
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I heard that translation is more of "robber like" vs "gangster like" if that makes sense to you.

Also, seems plausible that DPRK and Ukraine shared research on the cruise missile project.
Old 07-13-18, 10:54 AM   #1317
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Old 07-24-18, 09:48 AM   #1318
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Perhaps North Korea has decided to go with submarine launched ICBM's instead of land targets ... I don't trust these dudes they're up to something

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0de86f49082a3

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea appears to have started dismantling key facilities at its main satellite launch site in a step toward fulfilling a commitment made by leader Kim Jong Un at his summit with President Donald Trump in June.

While Pyongyang could be trying to build trust with Washington as they engage in talks to resolve the nuclear standoff, analysts say dismantling a few facilities at the site alone wouldn’t realistically reduce North Korea’s military capability or represent a material step toward denuclearization. And they expressed concern that the work is being done without verification.
or achievement

Old 07-24-18, 04:14 PM   #1319
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
....a step toward fulfilling a commitment made by leader Kim Jong Un at his summit with President Donald Trump in June.

Impossible. According to the leftist media and their believers here in the forum Kim played Trump and won't even try to keep his promises

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 01:17 AM   #1320
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Kim Yong Un is very unhappy about Trump visiting other dictators.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, north korea