SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-02-08, 12:33 PM   #16
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work on this one Torps , sorry I did not provide much feedback, but so goes RL sometimes.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 12:46 PM   #17
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

I'm happy to announce that this version is completely RSRDC-compatible as well. All the entries for the new planes in RSRDC are incorporated into ROW Sounds v9 sh.sdl My fix is no longer necessary.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 12:48 PM   #18
Torps
Captain

Downloads: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
I'm happy to announce that this version is completely RSRDC-compatible as well. All the entries for the new planes in RSRDC are incorporated into ROW Sounds v9 sh.sdl My fix is no longer necessary.
I forgot to mention that, oops sorry

Contributor
PE for ROW
Reflections on Water
ROW Sound Effects

R.I.P Dave Bunnel aka LeoVampire
Torps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 01:08 PM   #19
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torps
Quote:
Yeah...by not mentioning it I wasted 2 whole minutes of my life opening each sh.sdl file in S3D Editor and checking them out. Shame on you! :rotfl:
BTW, hope your inbox has room...expect a PM soon (don't want to post here and spoil the surprise you mentioned )

ETA: One proposal, if I may. Adding alternate versions for some sounds was a really great idea, but could it be possible to make a list of which sounds come with alternate versions? Some game sounds use the soundname1, soundname2, etc format as well, and someone not familiar with the sound structure might think, for example, "Oh, I don't like the sound of Creak1, but Creak4 sounds nice!" and replace said file with Creak4. Hope you get what I mean

Old 03-02-08, 01:43 PM   #20
Torps
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah...by not mentioning it I wasted 2 whole minutes of my life opening each sh.sdl file in S3D Editor and checking them out. Shame on you! :rotfl:
BTW, hope your inbox has room...expect a PM soon (don't want to post here and spoil the surprise you mentioned )

ETA: One proposal, if I may. Adding alternate versions for some sounds was a really great idea, but could it be possible to make a list of which sounds come with alternate versions? Some game sounds use the soundname1, soundname2, etc format as well, and someone not familiar with the sound structure might think, for example, "Oh, I don't like the sound of Creak1, but Creak4 sounds nice!" and replace said file with Creak4. Hope you get what I mean
Oh crud, Yah um Roman Numerals?

Contributor
PE for ROW
Reflections on Water
ROW Sound Effects

Old 03-02-08, 02:04 PM   #21
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh crud, Yah um Roman Numerals?
Yes, that would be a way to differentiate them...my suggestion is add a simple text file with the sound names with alternate versions available. That way you don't have to upload the whole package again.
A give-away which defines which sounds the game uses multiple versions of is that those are all numbered to begin with. To further my example with Creaks, there's 4 of those files named Creaks1.wav, Creaks2.wav, Creaks3.wav, and Creaks4.wav. Sounds with alternate versions provided by ROW Sounds have one file without a number (the one used by the game), and the alternate versions are numbered.

Old 04-12-08, 11:31 AM   #22
Penta
Seaman

Downloads: 4

The download links don't work.
Penta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 12:18 PM   #23
znatan
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Default Trojan !!! Carefull !!!

When accessing the WEBFILE HOSTING download link at the begining of the thread, one of the required links on the page send you Trojan.. Be carefull. If you have updated AV, no worries. My worked and I got to the real file, but if you AV is not up to date, be carefull....

Maybe they will clean it up by the time you will read this post, but it is up 2u..
znatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 12:24 AM   #24
Torps
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by znatan
When accessing the WEBFILE HOSTING download link at the begining of the thread, one of the required links on the page send you Trojan.. Be carefull. If you have updated AV, no worries. My worked and I got to the real file, but if you AV is not up to date, be carefull....

Maybe they will clean it up by the time you will read this post, but it is up 2u..
HM I will check this out.

Contributor
PE for ROW
Reflections on Water
ROW Sound Effects

Old 04-14-08, 04:37 AM   #25
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

I'm finding that the FileFront downloading link is not directing me to the file download page but to the filefront homepage. Any suggestions as to how to download the sound file?
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
TopcatWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 02:38 PM   #26
Doggtired
Swabbie

Really like this mod, thanks very much. 1 quick question though, is there a way to keep most of the new effects but have a couple of the speech files in thier original state. I'm thinking of Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT and Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT ?
Again, thanks for a really atmospheric mod
Doggtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 02:53 PM   #27
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggtired
Really like this mod, thanks very much. 1 quick question though, is there a way to keep most of the new effects but have a couple of the speech files in thier original state. I'm thinking of Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT and Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT ?
If you don't want those files, make sure the mod is de-activated, go into the sound mod (data-sound-in here), and delete those files you don't want. Then re-activate the mod and you should be fine.

RDP

Back in the Day

Old 04-14-08, 02:57 PM   #28
Doggtired
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:
If you don't want those files, make sure the mod is de-activated, go into the sound mod (data-sound-in here), and delete those files you don't want. Then re-activate the mod and you should be fine.

RDP
Lovely stuff, thanks for the info
Doggtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 03:37 PM   #29
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Lovely stuff, thanks for the info
No problem. If you want, you could always make a copy of those files you delete, just in case you want to try them again at some point.

RDP

Back in the Day

Old 04-15-08, 08:44 AM   #30
LTD.KUNNINGHAM
Gunner

Downloads: 23

it sounds very good, but i cant download it anywhere? can we have new links and plz dont use filefront and rapidshare,only when you realy have to

thanks in advance

IIDjMII
LTD.KUNNINGHAM is offline   Reply With Quote