SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-09, 06:54 AM   #976
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@Gabucino

Nothing is perfect for everyone!
Everyone has specific flavours and in this case everyone can change things on his own. I made WAC in the way I thought it would be best...

On my FF site you can find add ons for changing GUI. 16k atmosphere and other things for example to customize WAC.
Old 10-26-09, 07:27 AM   #977
Gabucino
Gunner

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
@Gabucino

Nothing is perfect for everyone!
Everyone has specific flavours and in this case everyone can change things on his own. I made WAC in the way I thought it would be best...

On my FF site you can find add ons for changing GUI. 16k atmosphere and other things for example to customize WAC.
Thanks, I'll download them.
Gabucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 03:01 AM   #978
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1
Now that I have installed all brandnew and tested 4.1 without any other mods or file changes I still have the prob with the IX - Boats. I found that when I choose for ex. a IX - B for any singlemission it is infact some VII - Boat without a deckgun (dunno which model that is) and not a IX at all! - so something imo is wrong - but as I have found in the past I will be the only one with that issue and Han will not respond to me anyway. Besides that and the "little sun" I am delighted (if anyone should accuse me of "just complaining",which I'm not!) and with my personal mods and changes it is really cool and a nice game until "THE GAME" 2010 comes along (which it it will hopefully be,huh!?)
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 07:45 AM   #979
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

From what you are describing you are getting some sort of TypVII post-1942. The deckgun was generally removed from '43 on.

This clearly indicates that your single mission IXB call up in WAC 4.1 is being misrouted - probably due to some foul-up in your install.

The absence or incorrect installation of MultiSH3 can give rise to this sort of thing.

Do you have more than one separate install of SH3 on your system?

If so, does each one contain its own MultiSH3?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 11:56 AM   #980
OG Hase
Mate

Well as I have written I had been installing ONE brandnew SH 3 ,cleaning all old files beforeand then WAC 4.1 without any changes and it didn't work either , I firstly had thought it was maybe due to my personal changes,that I then install )! It would be grand if maybe others could test this issue too (singlemission with an IX-B) , so maybe I will know more. It is all in all not very big deal but it is a bit unfortunate that the IX-B is my personal favourite boat...
Old 10-27-09, 01:44 PM   #981
Cheapskate
XO

I have just started single missions with all models of the IXB from 1939 to 1945 and they all display correctly.

If you aren't getting an IXB then there must be a problem with your install.

How are you starting SH3 - from a desktop shortcut? If so please right click on shortcut icon, select properties, click on find target.

This should bring up your new WAC 4.1 directory with the SH3 exe high lighted.

If it does that OK.. go to your save file (usually in C:\Documents and Settings\User name\My Documents ) and delete it.

Restart program - a new save file will be created. Then retry your IXB single mission and see if it now works properly.
Old 10-28-09, 01:22 AM   #982
OG Hase
Mate

Did everything as u said. Directory is right ,deleted all and stuff - and it still doesn't work -wrong sub or even CTD. I don't get it but nevermind - thx for your help anyway.
Old 10-28-09, 04:20 AM   #983
Cheapskate
XO

Sorry to hear that didn't work.

Have sent PM
Old 10-28-09, 08:19 AM   #984
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@OGHase

How did you reinstall SH3?
It would be best to make a new install with renaming the new installation folder to a different name than before.
Old 10-29-09, 06:08 AM   #985
OG Hase
Mate

Oh, the Master Jedi himself! OK I could try that of course - any suggestions how to name it (even though I think to have erased all old file corpses though, but I am not an mega -expert of course) Btw. Han how do you play on a 16:9 with "normal sun" maybe u have a clou for that as well!? Thx!
Old 10-29-09, 11:06 AM   #986
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49
Default Unable to launch WAC 4.1

Hi guys, after some time away I decided to come back to SH3 and try WAC instead of GWX for a change. Well, since then it's been a disaster - I can't launch it without a CTD or a typical Microsoft 'serious error' message.

On a fresh install of SH3 I added the latest JSGME and copied over the folder 'WarAceCampaign 4.1_final_FULL_XP' to the MODS directory and enabled it accordingly. To ensure it worked I ran SH3 and all was fine - smooth water (nice looking by the way!), and no FPS issues - although at this point I was only in the naval academy missions to test out WAC.

However, the problems lie when I try to launch a career or a single mission. No matter what options I select; year, flotilla etc. it loads for about 10 minutes before the error message pops up and returns me to the desktop! This happens every time without fail. Rebooting, running virus scans, defrag etc. has no effect.

So, thinking it may have been a corrupt install from the files I downloaded from: http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=271.0 I re-downloaded the entire thing again from another site, this time using:

WAC 4.1 Teil 1/3 » http://www.urech-basel.ch/wac/WarAce...FULL_XP.7z.001 (460'800 KB)
WAC 4.1 Teil 2/3 » http://www.urech-basel.ch/wac/WarAce...FULL_XP.7z.002 (460'800 KB)
WAC 4.1 Teil 3/3 » http://www.urech-basel.ch/wac/WarAce...FULL_XP.7z.003 (320'504 KB)

Also removed SH3 completely - everything - and cleaned up registry. Installed to a fresh location etc. etc. (the usual) and re-installed JSGME then WAC 4.1. Once again it crashes each time it tries to launch a career or single mission. As before, every single time.

To test it I did another complete fresh install, clean up etc. and installed GWX Gold with some mods and it ran perfectly! I just don't understand why WAC will not run a career or a single mission but will play academy missions no problem.

I checked event viewer and the following errors appear each time WAC has failed. They don't appear together though, it's either one or the other.

Faulting application sh3.exe, version 1.4.0.1, faulting module kernel.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001a323.

and:

Faulting application sh3.exe, version 1.4.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x000104fa.

So can anyone help with this - it's so frustrating!

I'm running Windows XP SP3, Intel Dual-Core with 3GB memory (4 in the slots but XP only sees 3!), Nvidia GeForce 7950GTX 512MB gfx card etc. (Dell XPS laptop by the way) - and never had a problem with GWX.

Cheers all,

Px3000
Old 10-29-09, 03:44 PM   #987
Rafael
Captain

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 7

I play it on a laptop too. MacBook Pro without any problems.

1. Do not use MultiSH3.
2. Do not use SH3 Commander
3. All files must be from the same server.

Extract the first 7z 'here'.

Try to download here:

http://www.filefront.com/user/HanSolo78

And if OK, check my download (if you want) a locked bottom menu and/or no fatigue for WAC 4.1.

Good luck!
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 03:45 PM   #988
Gabucino
Gunner

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix3000 View Post
Hi guys, after some time away I decided to come back to SH3 and try WAC instead of GWX for a change. Well, since then it's been a disaster - I can't launch it without a CTD or a typical Microsoft 'serious error' message.
Try this, and reboot. Fixed it for me (Win 7).
Gabucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 04:45 AM   #989
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Have you run the 4gb patch discussed in this forum recently?

If not, patch the executable of the game with this and try again.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 06:28 AM   #990
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Firstly I'm not using SH3 Commander or Multi SH3, and each time I have downloaded the files they have all come from the same server. From 7-Zip I then use the 'extract to here' option.

Secondly, the Data Execution Prevention error isn't what I see. I get the option to send an error report to Microsoft or debug it (which does nothing) when the game CTD's.

Lastly, what is the 4gb patch you refer to - that's quite big for a patch isn't it?

Cheers all,
Px3000