SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-16, 12:28 AM   #31
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I've been testing and emailing the devs regularly. I got the router to work without the evolve program and tested with two guys.
I do not recommend this method to anyone who is not comfortable with the risk.
I made several changes to my router.
1. I port forwarded 7777, but when starting the game, we randomly picked port 1234, so all players entered 1234 instead of 7777 and it worked if I was the host, but not if the other guys hosted. Probably because of step #2
2. I set my router to DMZ.
3. All three of us tried to run the game in administrator mode, by right clicking the .exe and choosing run as admin.

My belief is that because I also opened my router to DMZ- demilitarized zone which is dangerous as far as being attacked by viruses, or pirates, that I had more success.
Some of these changes introduced variables that I have not weeded out completely.. still testing variations.
Not all routers have the same success, some are poorly designed, work unreliably, or have less software switches inside for choices..

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 06:26 AM   #32
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Max, good work. I will be online Tues around 0800 for some testing. I don't think I can make those kind of changes to my router, since I am using a mobile as a hotspot, so I will try the Evolve solution first.
Old 05-31-16, 03:12 PM   #33
Leo_93
Aviator

Downloads: 134

Just tried the evolve method the devs put up on their site (http://hmsmarulken.se/HowToJoin.html) with one other person and we were able to make it work so it looks like we have a viable workaround until a proper fix is implemented. Thanks again Devs for helping all of us out on the teamspeak servers the other day for a few hours despite what time is was for you now it will be much easier to spread the word on this one of a kind game now that we can crew a sub together.
Leo_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 04:18 PM   #34
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_93 View Post
Just tried the evolve method the devs put up on their site (http://hmsmarulken.se/HowToJoin.html) with one other person and we were able to make it work so it looks like we have a viable workaround until a proper fix is implemented. Thanks again Devs for helping all of us out on the teamspeak servers the other day for a few hours despite what time is was for you now it will be much easier to spread the word on this one of a kind game now that we can crew a sub together.
No problem Leo, we are happy to help We just made a new thread for scheduling sessions, hopefully it will make it easier to organize and find crew members.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 11:18 PM   #35
subunit
Watch

Downloads: 34

I made a rule after getting burned on Up Front not to do non-Shadowrun kickstarters anymore, but I would contribute to this more than the value of 4 pack if the stretch goals were gameplay related instead of VR-related. I would encourage the devs to check this out before putting too much time and money into VR development: https://www.quora.com/How-big-an-iss...aker-9?share=1

If there were any prospect at all of larger maps, time compression, and moddability, this might be my perfect subsim. I've always hated having to do everything yourself in single player subsims on "maximum realism" settings, but when the AI's doing most of the work, there's not much gameplay.
subunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 02:37 AM   #36
jason210
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by subunit View Post
I would encourage the devs to check this out before putting too much time and money into VR development: https://www.quora.com/How-big-an-iss...aker-9?share=1
Interesting reading on that Quora article. Thanks for sharing.
Windows 10 Pro
jason210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 03:29 AM   #37
Batara72
Swabbie

Downloads: 37

Hello gang,

It's been a while. The new game looks interesting. I'm downloading the demo and we'll give it a go. Not sure how the 4 player co-op will work. Does this mean I can't play if my other 3 team mates aren't online? I have many questions but will hold back till after playing the demo

Good luck.....

Batara72
Batara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 06:56 AM   #38
MegaThunder
Nub

Downloads: 16

I am not too impressed with the sim, it puts too much effort on the player and now you need more people to use it effectively and getting a team to play the sim is not always easy.

I don't see myself going forward with this game...

Having said that, all the best!!!
MegaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 01:08 PM   #39
Atomicguy
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6

Me and my friend have both installed evolve correctly (we can see each others' ip) and have the game and evolve allowed through our firewalls. Still we can't connect to each other. When one of us tries to connect to the other through the evolve ip and port 7777 it acts as if the "ok" button to connect doesn't do anything. Any ideas? (we can both ping each other on evolve with times of under 100ms if that's of any use).

Edit: We fixed it through running as administrator
Atomicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 02:55 PM   #40
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

BONUS QUESTION- If you can name every NAVAL game shown on the MonopolyNaval board below, you get as many free copies of that image you wish to download absolutely free, without obligation, no dice, no paper money included.

Don't misunderstand my quotes below, this is just one man's opinion, backed up with 35 years of programming software, and playing earlier model software from others which understandably came with lesser capabilities for older PC's, with worse hardware.. see image below..

Quote:
Batara72
Not sure how the 4 player co-op will work.
It works with good people who want to operate in a manner showing they are educated in their role and having fun in their role. Your job as captain goes beyond running the periscope and includes promoting to the right groups of people until you find the 3-4 that are ready.. the rest should swab the deck. Or just run the sub solo and/or understaffed.. see reply to next quote.

Quote:
MegaThunder
I am not too impressed with the sim, it puts too much effort on the player and now you need more people to use it effectively and getting a team to play the sim is not always easy.
Definition: MultiCREW - (Several people or more in a single vehicle - distinctly different and in addition to Multiplayer)

See reply to above quote, because any "real" sim ever made had the ability to run Multi-CREW in a single sub, otherwise it was never made as a "real" sim.. and instead it was just a physics based solo player per vehicle experience as far as subs go.

This is the very first non-military or non-classified software the general public ever had a chance to try (for FREE) with sub Multi-CREW. It has different expectations than the standard solo video game. Otherwise, you get a full refund for any valid complaints during the free download period and a free delete option already installed on your computer.

Last edited by Cpt-Maxim; 06-02-16 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-02-16, 09:14 PM   #41
Scape
Gunner

Downloads: 57
Icon14

Downloading now. Thanks Sub sim for giving me the heads up!
Scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 10:03 PM   #42
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

That is cool, Max, did you make that?
Old 06-02-16, 11:15 PM   #43
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Aye aye Capt.

Old 06-03-16, 12:49 AM   #44
ScreamingElectron
Watch

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 1
Default Thanks for Heads UP

First off, great of Subsim to email every member about this opportunity. I have no doubt in my mind that this will be one of the greatest multicrew simulators of this decade (hand in hand with Dangerous Waters, of course).

Ready to get my feet wet boys. I'll download it now and be ready to play at some point this weekend. Thanks for the great opportunity.
ScreamingElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 01:05 AM   #45
ScreamingElectron
Watch

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 1
Icon14

Threads created in BMS and DCS forums as of now.
ScreamingElectron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
co-op, indie, kickstarter, subsim, u-boat