SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-12, 03:49 AM   #211
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Test missions are only good for some amount of time. After x time the game always CTDs with them. Don't know why or the exact amount of time that has to pass but it is guaranteed you will CTD in a single mission at one point.
Thank you TDW,
for clarifying the matter and throwing light on this custom mission's limit.

If, as it is likely, what you are saying applies to my CTD's, then we should conclude that they haven't anything to do with the ones reported by other forum members.

What is weird is that IIRC CTD's evenience was quite erratic, i.e. not especially connected to a given amount of time from the beginning of the mission I was playing. Anyway it wouldn't be the first time that high TC's are messing things in game, altering factors that should be fixed, and randomizing in this case the maximum mission time limit.

One last detail I can mention, just in case, is that I was having the kind of CTD where the first frame of the intro video (a poster showing a girl) is flashing shortly before you find yourself on the desktop.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 07:05 PM   #212
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0

You know, my guts are telling me that the mods were not the problems. Does the Baltic Sea cause the TC freezing and CTDs?
SgtPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 12:01 AM   #213
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
You know, my guts are telling me that the mods were not the problems. Does the Baltic Sea cause the TC freezing and CTDs?
Dont enable the subs on bottom fix .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 06-16-12 at 05:16 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 08:06 AM   #214
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134

gday all,
im hoping someone can help.....
im having trouble getting the Keil terrain update v2 OH2 SH5.....i mean ive got the file:
sobers terrain editor mod (Kiel).rar
but when i get jsgme to load sobers mod profile i get an error about that file.. just wondering if im missing sommet?...

cheers for the fantastic work involved...much apprieciated for your time and effort. Things sure have come aways since I dabbled in this modding shenanigans lol ...its almost scary now
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 01:14 AM   #215
saipan
Gunner

Downloads: 118

thanks sober, love the list. i still use an older TDW UI file. list works fine though. keep up the good work. passing information like this is essential IMO.
saipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 01:47 AM   #216
Natione
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 38

Thank for this great mod!
Natione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 10:29 AM   #217
minett
Watch

Downloads: 160

I stopped playing this game due to sorting mods out , you have to rekindled my love for sh5 thanks sober :-)
minett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 10:18 AM   #218
viri
Watch

Downloads: 116

hello, two questions:

1 why it is not incluided magnum opus? it is not necessary?

2 it is the order for instalation?
viri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-12, 12:06 PM   #219
CaptainPogwash
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks for the list!
Old 06-24-12, 08:06 AM   #220
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51

Thanks for info sober, I could finally start playing. One suggestion is to host some of the files away from subsim, since there is a 10 DL limit here, therefore one cannot complete his list in a single day, more likely 2 or 3 days.

One thing that keeps happening tho is a CTD caused by Time Compression. I did everything that was on the list, patched, configured the mods and so, but still, after some time playing the campaing missions (not the tutorial), the time compressing gets progressively slower and twitchy to the point of CTD. What I do is saving the game about every 15 minutes, extiting and reloading from there. Every time it reloads, the game feels smooth again. There must be some sort of memory leakage somewhere, which progressively clogs the system. I currently have 8GBs of RAM installed.

One other thing that seemed strange was the behavior of my first pray. At first look its behavior seemed quite impressive to me, zig zagging, so I plot my intercept course acordingly. I dont know if I was indeed detected by this merchant, at long range, 8nm, but he was changing course after a few minutes, totally random, but with no actual destination. I could take it if I knew that he detected me, changing course to avoid my interception, but otherwise, it seems very strange that he was just fishing in hostile waters, in the middle of war!

cheers
Old 06-24-12, 09:58 AM   #221
vigo101
Swabbie

Downloads: 287

Very useful indeed
vigo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 07:58 PM   #222
Homebrewer
Seaman

Downloads: 147
Default Ctd ?

Hi sober,
My hard disk crashed and when I installed your mod list I am getting CTD every time I try to use any of the map tools. I am using your mod list, a reinstall of Sh5 and I followed your instructions. So what did I do wrong?
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 08:38 PM   #223
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
Hi sober,
My hard disk crashed and when I installed your mod list I am getting CTD every time I try to use any of the map tools. I am using your mod list, a reinstall of Sh5 and I followed your instructions. So what did I do wrong?
Have you used a previous setup and have the options file editor and have are the map tools required for obelixs io stretigic map tools set to True . It is found in the maps heading in the options viewer .
Old 06-24-12, 09:32 PM   #224
Homebrewer
Seaman

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Have you used a previous setup and have the options file editor and have are the map tools required for obelixs io stretigic map tools set to True . It is found in the maps heading in the options viewer .
No haven't used a previous setup. Where can I find the options file editor? I don't understand your question about the obelixis to stetigic map tools is that found in sh5 file? sorry for being so dump
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-12, 09:58 PM   #225
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
No haven't used a previous setup. Where can I find the options file editor? I don't understand your question about the obelixis to stetigic map tools is that found in sh5 file? sorry for being so dump
The options file editor is found in NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications

Unenable the NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith in the mod enabler before you use the options viewer .

Set path to menu text which is NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu

Set SH5 install path.

Open
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\Menu