Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-06-07, 07:32 AM   #61
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan
Phase three will be payware apparently. I'm happy enough to buy it, to be honest, there are sims i've bought at full price and haven't enjoyed anywhere near as much ( nor have they been as good or professionally done ,) and given how much you can pay for single aircraft, campaigns or new terrain for other sims I'm sure it will be an absloute bargain.
I think not - they had planned that for phase two already, but if OBD soft`s intention has been to earn money with OFF, they should have never made the decision to use CFS3. I am not saying the quality of their work is not good, in fact it`s excellent, but the decision for CFS3 is made and imo it precludes any commercial plans.

Dont develop a killer mod and base it on a five year old flightsim that was really not very good, or you will fail, at least if you want to sell your mod.

Just my 2 cents.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 05:20 PM   #62
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I actually think that one of the reasons that OFF is so great is that it's built on the CFS3 engine. Little (noteable) script in game, makes the dogfights more exiting. 'Cause in CFS3, you never knew what would happen and the same goes for OFF.

Had a dogfight today, me in my Sopwith Pup and my two wingmen against 10+ Albatros fighters near Cambrai, looked really bad for a while, until a group of Nieuport 17 from a RNAS showed up, and evened things up quite a bit. Scratched two germans, then I had to make a landing on a field 'cause my plane was almost shot to pieces. I survived another flight though, and I better thank those RNAS lads someday