Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 01-30-07, 05:12 AM   #1
LoopyMind
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Enemy Engaged 2

Can anybody tell me how i can get EA2 to run on my Windows XP
machine? i noticed the Patch for download here, does that resolve the problem? I was told by Razorback that it was a problem with the DirectX version (somehow) not being upwards compatible... limiting the game to DirectX 6 (i think) .. installing DirectX 6 on an XP machine, is ofcourse, not an option

WHOOPS! I goofed,I ment Enemy Engaged 1! ...argh... sorry!

Last edited by LoopyMind; 01-30-07 at 03:02 PM.
LoopyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 07:08 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Check the EECH forum at simHQ.com. There the EECH fans talk. You need quite some more than just the last (old) official Razorback patches to get the show running, you even eventually need separate patrches to get USB devices running. It can be done, but I am not the expert to be asked for it. There is also quite some modding being done.

Be advised that EE2 is due to be released. In how far it is a new game, or just an questionable attempt to sell people a collection of mods that were developed and released for free by their original authors remains to be seen - the releasing company has done that with SH3 mods in the past too, that's why they are suspicious. If it is happening again with EE2, I would urge everyone to boycott this package as long as the authors are not getting their legitimate share.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 02:24 PM   #3
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Default EECH 2.0

If this new update would consolidate all the mods that have been made over the last few years and make the game run good right out of the box it may be worth a few dollars.

I own both these games and went thought a lot of the patches and addon's. I was getting into this game but my computer crashed when I screwed it up. I have not reinstalled these two games back on my computer yet. But before I lost everything I enjoyed playing this game. I did find that it was hard to win. Too many enemey things shooting at me the second I flew too high off the ground. I found that very annoying.

But I see what you are saying about this company. They did take a lot of hard work from many of the guys that still play EECH and then are trying to make money off the backs of the other's hard work. There is one guy on the other forums that posted a program that helps you update the game with all the new mods. It's simply amazing what the new skins and terrains look like. The original maker of these games released the source code a while back and the modders have used that to update the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Check the EECH forum at simHQ.com. There the EECH fans talk. You need quite some more than just the last (old) official Razorback patches to get the show running, you even eventually need separate patrches to get USB devices running. It can be done, but I am not the expert to be asked for it. There is also quite some modding being done.

Be advised that EE2 is due to be released. In how far it is a new game, or just an questionable attempt to sell people a collection of mods that were developed and released for free by their original authors remains to be seen - the releasing company has done that with SH3 mods in the past too, that's why they are suspicious. If it is happening again with EE2, I would urge everyone to boycott this package as long as the authors are not getting their legitimate share.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote