SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-10, 04:09 PM   #16
eon850aye
Mate

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
version 0.0.1 released. See post #1 for details
I just giggled like a school girl when I read that.......downloading now
eon850aye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:08 PM   #17
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

I guess we can ignore the multiple conflicts with the UI mod?
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:12 PM   #18
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post
I guess we can ignore the multiple conflicts with the UI mod?
Install the FX Update first then the UIs mod. Sorry, should've documented that Reason is so that the FX Update doesn't overwrite Reaper7's edited xx_sil.dds pics for the rec manual.
I left some of the xx_sil.dds pics in as 'placeholders' for those ships that are clones to remind me to update them when masters are available for them. I have to add an entry to their .zon file for the distress flare.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:18 PM   #19
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Install the FX Update first then the UIs mod. Sorry, should've documented that Reason is so that the FX Update doesn't overwrite Reaper7's edited xx_sil.dds pics for the rec manual.
I left some of the xx_sil.dds pics in as 'placeholders' for those ships that are clones to remind me to update them when masters are available for them. I have to add an entry to their .zon file for the distress flare.
No problem, thanks.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:45 PM   #20
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

This also conflicts with B.A.R.F.

Do you also allow the ship to sink from flooding over time or is it strickly HP based?

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 06:50 PM   #21
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
This also conflicts with B.A.R.F.

Do you also allow the ship to sink from flooding over time or is it strickly HP based?
Yes it will conflict with BARF. No I have not adjusted the zones for sinking from flooding yet.

Curious to know what you all think about the secondary explosions.......there are two versions of secondary explosions...small and large. The small one has a very loud crack sound and throws out little pieces of debris. The large one has a lower pitched rumble that expels small debris and 4 pieces of large debris that are smoking. Both secondary explosions can be heard on the hydrophone if you're close enough.......

The distress flare also has sound and can be heard if you are close enough (hydrophone also)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-05-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-05-10, 08:42 PM   #22
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Yes it will conflict with BARF. No I have not adjusted the zones for sinking from flooding yet.

Curious to know what you all think about the secondary explosions.......there are two versions of secondary explosions...small and large. The small one has a very loud crack sound and throws out little pieces of debris. The large one has a lower pitched rumble that expels small debris and 4 pieces of large debris that are smoking. Both secondary explosions can be heard on the hydrophone if you're close enough.......

The distress flare also has sound and can be heard if you are close enough (hydrophone also)
Man I forgot just how fast the ships sink without BARF, I only tried torpedoes so far and the ships went down so fast I didn't notice the secondary explosions. I heard some explosions after the ships had sunk. I really hoped that you would have removed the 'firework' explosions that happens when you get the big bang from a lethal hit. Other than that the torpedo explosions looked great imo. I could see the debris flying through the air from my scope and noticed remaining pieces still floating when I used camera. I'll try the deck gun next and your off to a great start with this mod.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 08:49 PM   #23
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
I really hoped that you would have removed the 'firework' explosions that happens when you get the big bang from a lethal hit. Other than that the torpedo explosions looked great imo. I could see the debris flying through the air from my scope and noticed remaining pieces still floating when I used camera. I'll try the deck gun next and your off to a great start with this mod.
the fireworks will be removed in upcoming versions. I just have to map out what each baza effect is and how to use it (or not use it). With this version I just wanted to get some debris added to shell hits and get some secondary explosions going from fires. And that torp explosion needed a major overhaul!
Old 09-05-10, 08:53 PM   #24
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Cool, do you also get the secondary explosions when using the deck gun?
Old 09-05-10, 08:55 PM   #25
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Cool, do you also get the secondary explosions when using the deck gun?
the additional explosions (there can be a total of 3 depending on total time the effect has played) are tied to certain effects (currently 2 of the BAZA fires). So anytime one of these fire effects 'play' the timer starts for the additional explosions. First additional explosion happens after 60 seconds.
Old 09-05-10, 08:59 PM   #26
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Ah I see, so you'll likely see more then with the deck gun since it usually starts fires early on in the attack.
Old 09-05-10, 10:52 PM   #27
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Now we need a EAX Sound MOD for Aircraft and Explosions. Has there been any work done on a Shake MOD. Would be cool if the boat rattled and shaked for any explosion within 1000 meters and add rolling for any explosion within 500 meters. Also possible damage if explosion is within 250 meters.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 10:54 PM   #28
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Looking forward to trying this out! Hopefully there will be a way to make it compatible with BARF. Thanks for all your work!!
Old 09-05-10, 10:55 PM   #29
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Looking forward to trying this out! Hopefully there will be a way to make it compatible with BARF. Thanks for all your work!!
I'll make it compatible with BARF. It's very simple to do. I'll make the changes and upload fix to post #1 here very soon.

EDIT:

For users using BARF, install this after the FX_Update mod:
http://www.filefront.com/17267115/FX...1-BARF-Fix.7z/

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-05-10 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-06-10, 02:05 AM   #30
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

2 files, sh.sdl and particles.dat clash with the ENV 3.5MOD, which ones should I use?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote