SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-11, 10:12 AM   #1
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
The Kriegsmarine add on for OM.

Ok theres been some lurking around the forums and some people feel that there should be more to Operation Monsun. Due to the respects of the forum and the aurther not being around there most likely will never be another Operation Monsun. So a team is being put together to make an "Add-on" mod for OM. OM will be the basis for this mod and each mod made will be at best compatible as possible for OM. We do need some modders for some areas so if your intrested and would like the challenge to improve upon OM please pm me. We need modelers and script/campaign modders and someone that works with GUIs and someone with a vast knowledge of Environment files. I've gotten various permissions from some big modders to use their mods and we are using them. These projects were not fully developed due to the release of sh5, but i feel that this mod add-on would be great and most would benefit from it being that some can not run sh5 or choose not to. if i don't get anymore support than what i have i'll keep posting until i do as i can be persistant. this mod should start to take off after the end of march as some of us are not organized just yet. we are still collecting names and mod suggestions from this forum. screenshots will be posted periodicly to show the community progress and hopefully opinions. This addon is aimed towards adding more of a Kriegsmarine feel to the game and as one said in a forum we would like to add "grittiness" to it. so come one come all and support.

Regards,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:22 AM   #2
nemo7
Weps

Downloads: 389
Default Operation Monsun ANABIOSIS

All the best matey..
Old 03-28-11, 11:11 PM   #3
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

thanks, hopefully theres still life in the old girl.
Old 03-29-11, 12:03 AM   #4
Diablo2
Mate

Downloads: 85

Wish ya luck Hope this can lure some ato fans to sh4 and give it a chance.
Diablo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 12:32 AM   #5
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Thanks.
Old 03-29-11, 07:51 PM   #6
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Come on seriously guys. I need support on this. I got one taker and a possible. We need more.
Old 03-29-11, 10:15 PM   #7
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'd offer my help, but as I'm working on the Surface Warfare Mod, I really shouldn't offer to extend help when I may not be able to.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 11:00 PM   #8
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

I think to begin with, we need to understand what we're going to add to. The current patched OM, or OM with OMEGU ? It makes a BIG difference when trying to integrate items into the existing campaign files.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 01:28 AM   #9
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
I think to begin with, we need to understand what we're going to add to. The current patched OM, or OM with OMEGU ? It makes a BIG difference when trying to integrate items into the existing campaign files.
I can't see how it could be anything other than OM+OMEGU as a base. OMEGU adds important stuff like environment, the KiUB mod by Karamazov, more icons on the command bar, etc.

Also Drakkhen, assuming you guys have a list of specific things that you intend to change you should consider posting it. This way people could easily see if there's something specific they could do to contribute.

Just my two cents.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 02:10 AM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
I can't see how it could be anything other than OM+OMEGU as a base. OMEGU adds important stuff like environment, the KiUB mod by Karamazov, more icons on the command bar, etc.
There you will immediately run into a problem for those of us who don't like the KIUB mod.
Old 03-30-11, 04:28 AM   #11
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
There you will immediately run into a problem for those of us who don't like the KIUB mod.
Ah, I see, to each his own.

Honestly I don't even remember playing without it cause it's been so long. The only thing that bugs me a little with it is that the locked target ship's name isn't displayed anywhere except on the attack scope.

Out of curiosity what don't you like about KIUB?

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 05:39 AM   #12
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok this would seem to be a good idea to post what we are offering...so...
being that i have no one that has any experience in gampeplay files such as scripts and campaigns at the moment i cant say anything about that, but this is basicly a mod thats going to be a bunch of little mods put together and made sure they are compatible with om to addon. some are adding new stuff. i have to make a list but off the top of my head theres going to be the sound mod which incorperates the GWX speech files and a mix of sh5 and 3 wav files. hitman is offering his improved background for scopes. um maddogk is working on some improvements and fixes to the subs them selves. now as far as ideas that i would like to see in here that have been discussed in other posts is wet suits for bad weather, bigger compasses, more radio traffic, and a big one everyone is wanting is wolfpacks in the sense of either your given these mission orders to join a wolfpack in a designated area or you are on patrol and get a radio message directing you to a certain area, also more frequantly bad weather. being that i'm the one stirring all this up it becomes overwhelming at times as i cant do jack except texturing and some file swappage here and there. therefore i posted this as a cry for help based on a thread that was posted here and i feel that this could be a great thing, a single grain of rice can tip the scale kinda thing. im not doing this for myself. i'm doing this to get modders in this community to band back together and do something awsome for sh4 ato. if you have a v8 in your garage that never ran right because of some bad heads you don't scrap the whole engine, you take it apart and find out what you can do to make it better. please modders come and give your support. geeze i got all worked up. seriously though. we are not organized because i feel that we don't have enough modders and i havent sat down yet to make a list of everything. but its coming.....

Regards,
drakkhen20
Old 03-30-11, 10:33 AM   #13
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

ok peoples. i got the regular internet. its on. let the modding begin. mmuuuhahahahahaha.
Old 03-30-11, 12:13 PM   #14
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:

Also Drakkhen, assuming you guys have a list of specific things that you intend to change you should consider posting it. This way people could easily see if there's something specific they could do to contribute.

Just my two cents.
Good idea, we should know what were going to address, and what mod set this mod will apply to. We're likely going to need to compile 2 different mods- 1 for OM and a second for OM+OMEGU.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 12:38 PM   #15
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Out of curiosity what don't you like about KIUB?
Nothing about the mod itself. I'm just a fan of having as little on the screen as possible, and I'm awful at manual targetting even with all possible help. It's really just a question of taste. Nobody's fault I don't have any.