SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-18, 06:39 AM   #226
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default Game breaks down at 21:30 on dec 8:th 1941

Hmmm A thing just happened. Sailing the USS S-18 outside Luzon when the sim stops att exactly 21:30. Any clues???

UPDATE: Restarted without using CBS Radio and it seems to be working. Maybe the radion is the culprit?

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 01:54 PM   #227
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes - that's correct @GOZO, the CBS mod occasionally causes problems.
So I did not include this radio mod in my compilation.
Usually, however, it is sufficient to load the previous game and simply omit the radio at the time of the problem you mentioned at that time.
Otherwise, I like the CBS mod too - I was just too lazy to correct the small mistakes.

addendum:
Which version of the CBS mod is it?

Last edited by Bleiente; 08-24-18 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-26-18, 09:45 AM   #228
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Yes - that's correct @GOZO, the CBS mod occasionally causes problems.
So I did not include this radio mod in my compilation.
Usually, however, it is sufficient to load the previous game and simply omit the radio at the time of the problem you mentioned at that time.
Otherwise, I like the CBS mod too - I was just too lazy to correct the small mistakes.

addendum:
Which version of the CBS mod is it?
Thanks. I have heard about this problem and ran without using the radio at all. Went to new base at Surabaya and continued career and the radio works fine now. Have other channels too like "Radio Honolulu", "Radio Tokyo" but also "Radio Seerose" with some added "Charlies Orchestra"-tunes

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 12:28 PM   #229
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

Downloads: 24

Apologies in advance, but anyone who reads this is dealing with a very ignorant person when it comes to mods. Someone told me about this mod and I was very excited to try it. However, when I start a campaign, everything seems to go smoothly until I try to go to the deck and then I get a CTD.

I'm not sure what is causing this but I attached my JSGME load order to see if that is the problem. Please don't assume I know or understand something when offering me advice.

SubmarinerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 12:48 PM   #230
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

When I told you about Ralles in the other thread, I should have told you that Bleiente's mod is an "All-In-One", which includes OTC. You can either use the mod pack he has as a whole, following his instructions, or just put the OTC mod itself from the other link on top of what you already have. The problem you have now is that you have mods activated after other important mods, and that has overwritten some important files. My Ralles ModPack install is an old v1.1 that I've updated several times as Bleiente has updated his pack, so my list will do us nothing but harm here ( ), so I'm downloading Bleiente's newest version and the update from Page One now, so if he doesn't reply by the time I get back, I'll have something here in a bit... but back off all of the mods for now...

Edit: Well, my current install confuses even me... (a very short drive though) - I've got
TMO 2.5
RSRDC 502 (TMO)
RSRDC v5xx Patch
Real Environments (a hold-over from the original Ralles ModPack)
v1.5 OTC
OTC Realistic Scopes
OTC US Radar from Start
Tokko's Revenge
... and it looks like I backed-off Bleiente's update, probably because I was going to re-install the whole thing - but I can't really tell because I've got like 17 mod folders in the "Available Mods" side of JSGME... looks somewhat like my old SH3 install... - so I'd say that's my old v1.1 install...

I do know this though, just use one of those Torpedo mods. If you're not based at Fremantle, just use the first one. Also, if you're not playing the German side, you don't need the "German PPI" or the "Metric Tools". Seems to me that you use the full v1.2 zip file, and extract it to a separate folder. Put the "1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder in the MODS folder and activate that. He does have the OTC Optionals numbered next, but you'll have to drag what you want out of the main "1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys" folder and put those in the MODS folder. But I thought you were supposed to drag the "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder to the MODS folder and activate it 2nd, then pull the "2.0 Ralles MODPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" folder from his v1.3 update "Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single.rar" file and activate it, then activate the optional mods you want, else the ModPack and update overwrite the "optional" mods' settings...

You might be better off waiting on Bleiente to reply, unless you don't mind experimenting with things a lot... One important note about applying mods: When you activate a mod, especially the big ones, do NOT use an old Save Game file. In fact, you are much better off to either save the folder structure temporarily elsewhere for later use with the same sets of mods used to create it, or just delete the contents outright, so that you don't mix the data between mods via a Save file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-30-18 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Lotsa stuff
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 02:05 PM   #231
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

I really appreciate your help. I tried putting them in the same order you have but am getting the same problem. I think I will just uninstall and reinstall to clean everything up, wait a few days for him to reply and go from there.

God only knows what i've done to the game through my ignorance, haha.

EDIT: By waiting a few days I mean before i'll try again, if he responds quicker, then I will definitely try to figure it out sooner.

Last edited by SubmarinerJoe; 09-30-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-30-18, 02:55 PM   #232
propbeanie

A Save Game folder (C:\ Users \ YourName \ Documents \ SH4) can cause you all sorts of grief. I just re-did my install, using the same files you already downloaded, and this is the way I went with it:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\GameSH4\SH4_RallesModSoup1\MODS]

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC for 5 to 4 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 5 to 4 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502
2.1 TorpedoupdateV2
Now, my 2nd line there, of "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" is from the "Ralles lModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single.rar" download, as is that particular Torpedo mod. If you want to add other Optionals, anywhere in there after the ModPack updateusually works. The OTC Optionals can also go in front of the ModPack, since there is no overwriting of files there. That's probably why Bleiente has them numbered 1.5.

Of note, I have an old LCD monitor that is a 5:4 ratio, running at 1280x1024. Make certain your choice matches your LCD's "Native" resolution, which Windows refers to as "(recommended)" in its "Screen Resolution" dialog for the desktop. Read CapnScurvy's ReadMe txt files for help with whether you should use one of those or not. If you want his Scope mod, pick the correct one of those also. When you first go into the game, it "defaults" to a 1024x768 resolution, so after you start SH4, you'll want to choose the "Options" choice and then the "Graphics Setting". On that page, top line is "Game Resolution". Use the drop-down box to the right of that, and set the game's resolution to match your computer display's "Native" or "Recommended" resolution. Set other things the way you want them. I have everything turned up, and only the "Windowed Mode", "Volumetric Fog" and "Vertical Sync" unchecked. Volumetric fog does strange things on my computer. In the Sound Settings, I always turn the Music way down, and lower the Master a pinch, so I don't blow my ears out too much... Don't forget to "Switch Side" if you go to do a Single Mission, else you'll end up in a U-Boat.

Edit: If you feel real adventurous, you could go into the "\Game \Data \Roster \Japan \Sea" folder (whatever folder you have the Game in), find the JPGunBoat01.cfg and JPGunBoat02.cfg files, and edit them (Notepad), changing their "UnitType=110" lines to read "UnitType=0" instead, to match the folder in the "Sea" folder. That's something left-over from the RSRDC days...

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-30-18 at 03:06 PM. Reason: JPGunBoats are off a pinch...
Old 09-30-18, 04:33 PM   #233
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

I re-installed and put them in the order you suggested. Unfortunately now I get a CTD whenever I attempt to go to the sub.

I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong but I don't think my computer likes this mod for some reason.

EDIT: Got it back to just crashing while trying to go on deck by disabling Vsync.

Last edited by SubmarinerJoe; 09-30-18 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-30-18, 04:44 PM   #234
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

The same stupid question ever:

Do you use 4gb patch for your sh4.exe?

Try FOTRSU and see how works in your PC.

Regards.

Fizcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 04:47 PM   #235
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
The same stupid question ever:

Do you use 4gb patch for your sh4.exe?

Try FOTRSU and see how works in your PC.

Regards.

Fizcarraldo
Since I don't know what that is i'm going to go with no.

Unless that's included in one of the other mods.

EDIT: I've found it and am doing that suggestion. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 09-30-18, 04:52 PM   #236
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubmarinerJoe View Post
Since I don't know what that is i'm going to go with no.

Unless that's included in one of the other mods.
Search in Google for 4 gb patch or Large Adress Aware. It is needed for great supermods. It allows more memory than 2 gb for sh4.exe. Not a mod; it is patch.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Old 09-30-18, 04:56 PM   #237
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

That seems to have fixed it, sir!

Thanks for all the help everyone, I really appreciate it. Don't worry, i'll probably be back with more problems.
Old 09-30-18, 05:04 PM   #238
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So I am here.
One small moment please - I have to collect first u / o read the texts.
Old 09-30-18, 05:10 PM   #239
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
So I am here.
One small moment please - I have to collect first u / o read the texts.
A problem with 4gb patch. Resolved.

Fitzcarraldo
Old 09-30-18, 05:11 PM   #240
propbeanie

fitzcarraldo to the rescue! I forgot all about that 4 gig patch!

@Bleiente - I now have your latest download version installed, instead of just the update, and can recommend it even more than before! Only issue I've found is the old RSRDC JPGunBoat Type= issue in the Roster folder config file needs to be changed to Type=0...