SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-14, 10:16 AM   #121
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
I'd also like to get rid of the sub stealth meter if at all possible. And have all the original Integrated orders commands back? Is there a way I can do those, as well as get rid of the Orange circle, and keep the GUI??
From stealth meter it is possible will get rid by removal of the image of a contour of the boat in the DialsFdb.tga file that in the gui/layout folder. For this purpose any graphic editor will be required..... Second option.... In menu_1024_768.ini in the block [G3F I119] before the line Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga put ; (that is summarize). Good luck

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 11-21-14 at 12:19 PM.
Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 10:36 AM   #122
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Can someone reply to my post #108 please.
Hi Peter!!
Try to use the autocorrection button on the monitor (if such is is available). Otherwise it is necessary to reinstall game and on pure to apply this mods.

Old 11-21-14, 10:40 AM   #123
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
here are all the necessary files that are adapting ''Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final'' on NYGM v3.6D's needs.

Installation on NYGM v3.6D
--------------------------
1.Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
2.Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final - FILES for NYGM v3.6D

link:
http://speedy.sh/Hec7A/Ahnenerbe-Wid...NYGM-v3.6D.rar

enjoy
Hi Makman and thanks for the help!!!!
I added references for NYGM in the main topic.
Good luck!!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 11-21-14, 11:52 AM   #124
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Hello again everyone !!!!
I apologize for what has not been added to README for this mods, everything became hurriedly because of a lack of time...... I fill the missed.....
1. Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final is established through JSGME.
2. In the documentation folder additional mods (generally graphic). To copy in the MODS folder and to use at will. Only amendment to the relation of the Shortcuts for German U-Boats Compilation Mod folder..... It is actual only for mods of German U-Boats Compilation.
3. The SH3 Commander folder for those who uses SH3 Commander from JoneSoft. The folder merges with the main folder of the program. It not only for mods of German U-Boats Compilation, more definitely not for it (but works and with it). There are files for display of numbers of torpedo tubes for each type of the boat, otherwise, you would observe only a pure black circle on the device TDC. It as in OLC GUI, only I in menu_1024_768.ini copied everything on the and a lot of things anew, therefore this SH3 Commander folder only for mods of Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final.
4. I used the d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini files from mods of WideScreen 1920x1080 Project from vanjast, which author is Seeadler. I don't bear responsibility for them as they were created not by me. Therefore, I to predict the reasons of some distortions or other bugs in many respects not in forces. Here most likely each user which can be connected with the hardware of the computer or other nuances can have different reasons. My work in mods is an adjustment and a correcting of graphic files and other menus under permission 1920x1080, and also some part of own additions and some corrections from mods of Widescreen GUI for GWX (Conus), which formed a basis of this work.
All the best and good luck !!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 11-21-14 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-21-14, 02:34 PM   #125
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Thanks guys for your replies, much appreciated.

I can take the advice and move forward now.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 04:21 PM   #126
THEBERBSTER

Deleted current campaign captain.

Entered captains name again.

Trying to launch SH3 from the SH3 Commander.

Is there a reason why this error showing below is occurring over and over about 20 times before loading the game to the menu screen.

Error Header >“Silent Hunter 3: sh3.exe entry point not found”

Error Showing > “The procedure entry point Direct3Dcreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll”

Do the d3d9.dll and the d3d9 that are inside Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final mod do these stay with the mod or are they cut and pasted to the main SH3 folder?

Is my mod list enabled correctly?

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle < now being over written
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons < now being over written
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders < now being over written
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot' < now being over written
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod < now being over written
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final <mod folder 1
SH3 Commander < mod folder 2

Removed other mods as per BigWalleye's instructions.

Peter
Old 11-21-14, 04:47 PM   #127
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:

Is there a reason why this error showing below is occurring over and over about 20 times before loading the game to the menu screen.

Error Showing > “The procedure entry point Direct3Dcreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll”

Do the d3d9.dll and the d3d9 that are inside Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final mod do these stay with the mod or are they cut and pasted to the main SH3 folder?

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - No Medals on Crew

Peter

SH3 Commander should be in its own folder on the root. The file SH3Cmdr.exe should not be in any other folder.

Start SH3C. If you haven't already done so, enter the path to your SH3 game folder in SH3 Options/General Settings. Now select New Career and enter your new captain's name, flotilla, and start date in SH3C. THEN start SH3 from SH3C. Enter THE SAME captain's name, flotilla, and start year in SH3. Do not start a career in SH3 before starting it in SH3C.

JSGME should copy d3d9.dll correctly if it is in the mod folder called Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final.

I am not sure what you mean by <mod folder 1 and <mod folder 2. You should only have one folder called /MODS and it should be in your SH3 game folder, at the same level as /Data. That is:

<SH3 game folder>
/Data
/MODS
sh3.exe
<SH3C folder>
SH3Cmdr.exe

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

You CAN have a /MODS folder in your SH3C folder, but for now, leave it alone. Work only with the /MODS folder in the SH3 game folder.

BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 05:35 PM   #128
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - No Medals on Crew

Peter
Peter, you can not apply those mods which are blocked. Perhaps, only can leave GWX - Open Hatch Mod, but it has to be blocked, the Cameras.dat file (it is blocked) shouldn't affect operability of open hatches.
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle - is present new Loadscreen in mods 1920x1080.
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons - also is, only with effect of blackout.
GWX - Integrated Orders - Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final is also Integrated Orders, only about permission 1920x1080. It isn't necessary to apply twice same.
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot' - is present in WideGui the new movie.
You establish in the following order only these mods:
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod (will be blocked)
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
The SH3 Commander folder you connect with the same name the SH3 Commander folder, in which at you program with SH3Cmdr.exe.If you have renamed it, simply copy all files from my folder in yours if it is necessary to replace something, replace safely. IT ONLY FOR SH3 Commander, not for application through JSGME.
The d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini files don't need to be inserted into the root folder of game manually, JSGME itself will establish everything as it is necessary. Check just in case after installation mods through JSGME presence of these two files at the folder with game, they have to lie where there is sh3.exe.
The procedure entry point Direct3Dcreate9Ex couldn't be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll - itself I will ask you some questions......
What operating system at you? Whether directx9 is established? You were correct in the SH3 Commander settings a way to game?
Address, at existence of time and understanding of your problem we will be able to solve it, you shouldn't despair. Good luck!!
++Ahnenerbe++

Old 11-21-14, 05:43 PM   #129
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post

SH3 Commander should be in its own folder on the root. The file SH3Cmdr.exe should not be in any other folder.

Start SH3C. If you haven't already done so, enter the path to your SH3 game folder in SH3 Options/General Settings. Now select New Career and enter your new captain's name, flotilla, and start date in SH3C. THEN start SH3 from SH3C. Enter THE SAME captain's name, flotilla, and start year in SH3. Do not start a career in SH3 before starting it in SH3C.

JSGME should copy d3d9.dll correctly if it is in the mod folder called Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final.

I am not sure what you mean by <mod folder 1 and <mod folder 2. You should only have one folder called /MODS and it should be in your SH3 game folder, at the same level as /Data. That is:

<SH3 game folder>
/Data
/MODS
sh3.exe
<SH3C folder>
SH3Cmdr.exe

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

You CAN have a /MODS folder in your SH3C folder, but for now, leave it alone. Work only with the /MODS folder in the SH3 game folder.

BigWalleye, thank you so much for your help, I do not always have the opportunity at the time that any prompt. And the language barrier prevents too little, though and translate using Google translator, but all the same it is necessary to check, because they do not always translate correctly. Thank you again !!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 11-21-14, 07:13 PM   #130
THEBERBSTER

Hi BigWalleye

The zip file Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final contains 2 folders.

Folder 1 > Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

Folder 2 > SH3 Commander

Peter
Old 11-21-14, 07:52 PM   #131
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

Quote:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - No Medals on Crew

Peter
Peter that error has been seen be several people including myself. It has something to do with (I think) the NVIDIA experience thing that runs in the background. I'm not 100% sure of this but I googled it and some had fixes..

Regardless, the game will run fine if you just continue to click through the messages. There are about 20 or 30 of the same message with "ding" each time... I'm sorry if that is not a satisfactory answer but I do this every time I launch the game and it works fine!

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 08:00 PM   #132
THEBERBSTER

Hi Ahnenerbe

My installation is D:\Games\Ubisoft\GWX V3.0 SH3 COMMANDER V3.2

D:\Games\Ubisoft\GWX3 CFG FILES FOR SH3 COMMANDER

D:\Games\Ubisoft\GWX3.0 GOLD

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII

Where will I find the Directx9 if it is installed?

Windows 7 Home Premium > 64 Bit

I7-860 Processor 2.8Ghz

Gpu EVGA GTX770 > 4 Gig

16 Gig Ram

In the Silent Hunter III folder is the main SH3 Commander folder that has a folder called U-boat in it.

In your SH3 Commander folder there is also a folder called U-boat.

Could you explain please what I need to do next?

Peter
Old 11-22-14, 03:11 PM   #133
THEBERBSTER

Hi guys

I have done a complete reinstallation.

D:\SH3 Silent Hunter III installed in SH3 folder.

D:\SH3C SH3 Commander installed in SH3C folder.

The installation says that I have diretx9.0c installed.

Can someone give me the necessary instructions as I need to know what to do with Anhnenerbe’s ‘SH3 Commander folder’ that contains the ‘U-boat folder’.

Anhnenerbe in his post to me is he telling me to copy his SH3 Commander folder inside the main SH3 Commander folder?

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 11-23-14 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-22-14, 04:02 PM   #134
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Hi Peter. Copy the folder from the folder SH3 Commander U-boat in his installation, that is, as I understand it, you have a Commander is in the path of the folder D: \ Games \ Ubisoft \ GWX V3.0 SH3 COMMANDER V3.2. Here there and copy. If you will be prompted to replace the files, replace. Everything else described above BigWalleye in your message.
DirectX9 in the you system have installed, that's good, because the game is old, and in any case it will only work with the DirectX9.
And now about the message "The procedure entry point Direct3Dcreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll" ........ I remember I once said that the NVIDIA GeForce Experience can cause problems with the game, and rather, the mods for a wide format. Check whether you have this function together with the drivers from NVIDIA, or a separate application (if your video card supports NVIDIA). If set, remove or reinstall the driver Uncheck the search for updates. Perhaps you get rid of the message "The procedure entry point Direct3Dcreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll".
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 11-23-14, 04:37 AM   #135
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
From stealth meter it is possible will get rid by removal of the image of a contour of the boat in the DialsFdb.tga file that in the gui/layout folder. For this purpose any graphic editor will be required..... Second option.... In menu_1024_768.ini in the block [G3F I119] before the line Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga put ; (that is summarize). Good luck
Was this to rid the GUI of the stealth meter?

Or return the officer commands to the original Integrated Orders ones?

I say this because with GWX 3.0, I could control the hydroplanes through the CE, but in your mod it is not there? And the buttons to raise the scopes all the way doesnt work either.

I will try deleting the picture file to see if that works for the stealth meter.