SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-09, 02:16 PM   #61
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default re

cool, will check it out.thanks for your work.In the final IJN mod will the crew speak Japanese ?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 02:22 PM   #62
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
cool, will check it out.thanks for your work.In the final IJN mod will the crew speak Japanese ?
Not yet , I had Rubenandthejets check out the possibility as he lives in Japan, but to no avail.

WWII japanese was different, today's has softened a lot plus there are a lot of different words used.

Some people he knows don't even understand all in the 1942 IJN movie Gochin :

and :

so no for now, plus there are 100's of sentences, I did however make a light IJN sound mod :

http://www.filefront.com/12682913/IJ...sion_1.4e.rar/

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 02:48 PM   #63
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

well even if its in modern Japanese, better than nothing.One of the biggest killers of stock u boat missions was the crew speaking english, really took away from the game.

will check the sound mod out.
Old 09-24-09, 08:03 PM   #64
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
well even if its in modern Japanese, better than nothing.One of the biggest killers of stock u boat missions was the crew speaking english, really took away from the game.

will check the sound mod out.
At first we were going to have someone actually record a person speaking Japanese, but the person became unavailable. Then we had an offer from someone to take Japanese from movies. But, we asked for some examples, since different movies have different sounds and we wanted to hear how much background noise, music and different voices and levels would sound in the game. But he flat out refused to give any samples. So we politely refused.
I can do sounds from movies but there is a copyright issue and the fact that people that play it and do speak Japanese it would sound stupid. So, we set the idea aside until we could decide what to do. Then some real life issues stepped in for me and playtime went down the drain, so we never did get back to it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 03:43 PM   #65
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Default re

ah, it happens.I like the idea of having someone who speaks Japanese the best, well when RL permits, give it a shot.As a user, can tell you it will take something away from your mod.However, with all the excellent work you guys are doing, it won't kill it.
Old 09-25-09, 05:17 PM   #66
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Default re

I know its a WIP and liked it for most part, had some bugs though.You may be aware of them.

The periscope on the midget sub kept going up and down from begin of mission without orders and wouldnt stop.

May want to add the free cam from the start if possible, the fixed position is a bit annoying.

big bug, when I took a hit from an enemy gun, some weird black hull from a fleetboat showed up on outside of my boat(have an SS if needed).

Had fun getting depth charged, getting depth charged in a midget sub is brutal.So far so good, just some minor things.
Old 09-26-09, 12:44 AM   #67
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
ah, it happens.I like the idea of having someone who speaks Japanese the best, well when RL permits, give it a shot.As a user, can tell you it will take something away from your mod.However, with all the excellent work you guys are doing, it won't kill it.

give us samples and we might actually use it if it's good, but as we said a lot of people promised...

keltos

Old 09-26-09, 12:49 AM   #68
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I know its a WIP and liked it for most part, had some bugs though.You may be aware of them.

The periscope on the midget sub kept going up and down from begin of mission without orders and wouldnt stop.

May want to add the free cam from the start if possible, the fixed position is a bit annoying.

big bug, when I took a hit from an enemy gun, some weird black hull from a fleetboat showed up on outside of my boat(have an SS if needed).

Had fun getting depth charged, getting depth charged in a midget sub is brutal.So far so good, just some minor things.
The scope going up/down is a common thing especially when modding surface ships. It is because the scope was deleted from the subs upc file, it is fixed now. No more up and down.

The "Weird Black Hull" is actually the 3D damage image from the sub Keltos used to build the Ko. It is fixed, but you will not see damage on your sub since there is no image for it. You will still see the damage in the Damage Control Screen.

As for the camera, I assume you mean the interior camera? In a Ko there is not a lot of places to go. Keltos was going to make a new interior that is why the camera is stationary. but since the Ko is so limited in what it can do, it really wasn't worth the time when he had more important things to do.

So here is the Ko 1.4 with the fixes.

http://www.filefront.com/14602335/IJN_Ko_1_4.7z/

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 07:05 AM   #69
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
The scope going up/down is a common thing especially when modding surface ships. It is because the scope was deleted from the subs upc file, it is fixed now. No more up and down.

The "Weird Black Hull" is actually the 3D damage image from the sub Keltos used to build the Ko. It is fixed, but you will not see damage on your sub since there is no image for it. You will still see the damage in the Damage Control Screen.

As for the camera, I assume you mean the interior camera? In a Ko there is not a lot of places to go. Keltos was going to make a new interior that is why the camera is stationary. but since the Ko is so limited in what it can do, it really wasn't worth the time when he had more important things to do.

So here is the Ko 1.4 with the fixes.

http://www.filefront.com/14602335/IJN_Ko_1_4.7z/

Peabody
great work Peabody ! as always !

keltos

d/l v 1.4 :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mktzcimjvtm/IJN_Ko_1_4.7z

Last edited by keltos01; 09-27-09 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-07-10, 02:32 AM   #70
keltos01
Silent Hunter

bump as a reminder to include it in the IJN campaign !

keltos

Old 12-12-13, 12:41 PM   #71
Bunkerw0808
Bosun

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

please upload the dark version!
Old 08-15-17, 09:38 AM   #72
zach1773
Swabbie

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0
radar Please Help

Can somebody post an working download link for this? All the download links are either not leading anywhere or removed.
zach1773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 12:10 PM   #73
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

WIP, and being put into FotRSU as an AI boat, and it will be in Climb Mount Niitaka mod in a couple of months - beta version, not a release. All of the boats in CMN will initially be "stock" compatible. The way to get it now is to use keltos01's IJN Ko Hyoteki Midget Submarine (21.40 MB) on this site. You might have to do some editing of files and noodling in things. There is also a Jyunsen B mod that has the Jyunsen B, AM, Kaidai and Kaichu boats, at Jyunsen B mod (312.73 MB), also on this site. Again though, editing of some files might be required.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote