SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: What AI submarine would you want used in a single mission?
Serge's Type 7 (wolfpack mod) 4 44.44%
Serge's S class 2 22.22%
U-Tanker from NYGM 3 33.33%
Type 7A from Living mod? 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-07, 12:31 PM   #31
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNemo12
Well I copied the media.cfg from one of the other folders into the mission folder created. However, the game still crashes despite this. Can someone please tell tell me if the S-class sub is know to have flaws??
You can try removing the cam file from the s class
If still no good then try cloning with pack 3d

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 10:36 AM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Is Sobers3Dwaves compatible with the Corrections or GWX???
Apologies for the latenes of my response (your probably already sorted)...I am using Sobers3Dwaves without experiencing any adverse effects
I agree with BBW it is probably something to do with the S class sub

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 01:52 PM   #33
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Same here as Jim. I'm using Sober's 3D waves and I have absolutelly no problem with GWX.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 08:37 AM   #34
Rasher
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Default Open Hatch Mods

Hi

I downloaded a few of the OH Mods and Correct periscope mod for different sub types and installed them through GME. Im using GWX with SH3 Commander 2.7. The mods are not shown when i load the game. I've rolled back sh3 commander before installing them but to no avail. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible with GWX SH3 Commander?

Thanks

Rasher
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 07:28 PM   #35
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Default Never mind...

Never Mind, posted in wrong forum...

Last edited by Snacko; 05-19-07 at 07:32 AM.
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 12:15 PM   #36
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

How do you make a navel base?
Lagger123987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 09:04 AM   #37
Testus01
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default GWX own multiplayer mission: CTD

Hi all,
Using GWX 1.03, any idea why a simple just designed multiplayer mission always crashes after 7 minutes with 3 players in the game (server does not crash) : dates, ship caracteristics ?
A generated mission works fine.
Thanks.
Testus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 05:20 AM   #38
Binky1st
Bosun

Downloads: 1

You need to make shure everyone in the game has the same mods installed in the mod enabler or it will crash in multiplayer.
Binky1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 05:30 PM   #39
Atillium
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default Single mission crashes

Hi all!

I've got a problem with the mission editor of SH3. I'm trying to make a BB vs BB action. All is well in the editor, the scenario saves ok. After starting up SH3, the mission also runs ok. Up to the point where the first ship gets destroyed. Than the game crashes to desktop. It doesn't matter what ship gets hit first, as soon as the first one goes down it crashes. In any scenario I tried to make so far.

I'm using the latest version of GWX. I've not experienced any crashes or bugs so far in stock or GWX single missions, or in the GC.

Can anybody help me out on this?!
Atillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 06:34 PM   #40
Otto Von Bismark
Watch

Downloads: 7

Ummm, ive had this problem before trying to do a custom single player mission on SH3. (I was trying to renact ther battle of Casablanca) although intially it ran well, at some point for no reason it crashed (bout 5 mins into the mission), the only reason for this that i can think of is that i had too many surface units on the map engaging each other (17 DDs, 2 BBs, 1 AC etc) so my system spec may have been too weak to cope.

Or more unlikey it could be due to the ship model itself. I found that when the American DD units approached Casablanca harbour, it crashed, but once again it could be becuase of the above reason.

hope this may be of help to ya !
Otto Von Bismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 11:36 AM   #41
skoodge
Bilge Rat

"The server has quit. Game over!"

Edit: Scrub that, the mission works fine on my dad's computer. It's just when I try hosting a LAN game that the error comes up No idea why though ..?

================================================== =============

I tried creating a simple custom map using the editor [following the handbook].
When I "Validate Mission" in the editor it has no errors. It's saved under:
SilentHunterIII\data\MultiMissions\English\sh3test 1
The game file being called: sh3test1.mis

In SH3 [v 1.4] if I go to multiplayer [LAN], create game I can find the mission. However, as soon as it loads it simply appears with the message "The server has quit. Game over!" I also tried loading it without another player but still got the same message.
I've had a little browse of the forum but couldn't find any answers [sorry if I missed them!].
If anyone knows why it may come up with this message I'd be greatful for the help or if there's anything else you need to know I'll try to let you know what I did =]

Thanks.

Last edited by skoodge; 07-06-08 at 06:13 PM.
skoodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:09 AM   #42
PaulH513
Navy Dude

Downloads: 25
Default Sunken ships causing CTD

I have been making maps in SH3 (GWX2.1) with the mission editor and have found that if I put in a sunken ship and a sub runs into it, the game crashes. This occurs every time when playing mult-player and I am wondering if anyone else has run across this problem and if so, is there a work around ?....besides not putting in sunken ships. I also notice that when i put in K ships (blimps) they gradually descend until they eventually crash. These blimps have not been fired on, just slowly fall from the sky. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
PaulH513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 02:12 AM   #43
Dietrich
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH513
I also notice that when i put in K ships (blimps) they gradually descend until they eventually crash. These blimps have not been fired on, just slowly fall from the sky. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Hmmm... do you give them a speed, and if so what is it? I'm wondering if this might be something to do with the fact that the blimp is a modified version of a different unit (probably some aeroplane).
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 08:07 PM   #44
PaulH513
Navy Dude

Downloads: 25

Thanks for writing back....I have the blimps set at 90 knots ( which is their max) and like I said, they slowly descend after about 10 minutes, at which time they crash. Forgot to say about the sunken ships ( barricade ships) is that the game crashes when a sub hits a sunken ship that I put into the mission, but does not CTD when AI puts in sunken ships like in the eastern approaches to Scapa Flow. Thanks again for any and all input....much appreciated. PaulH
PaulH513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 03:39 AM   #45
Dietrich
Sparky

Hmm... the blimp thing is most curious. I'll try to run some experiments and see what I get.

Regarding the sunken ships. Do you have way points set for those ships? You see, what I'm thinking is that is AI wrecks work, but yours do not, then perhaps it is something to do with the way the ships react to a collision. In the normal case (floating ships), if another unit gets too close, they will attempt to move. If the ship in moving reaches its last waypoint it can disappear (de-spawn or delete, that is).

What I'd suggest is that you check to make sure that your wreck is set to 0 knots, that it is checked as a "docked" unit (which disables the anti-collision AI) and that you give it a way point regardless of the fact it isn't going to go anywhere.

The next thing to check is that the wreck isn't too deep. The problem may be because there is some sort of fouling between the wreck and the seabed.
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote