Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-06-10, 03:00 AM   #61
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0
Default Hi frinik

about shifting gear, yes you are right, but its not me who is shifting and stalling the engine, its the AI driver.

If this happens to me , its my fault i should be little bit slower but a AI DRIVER who is drilled and learned to drive this should not be happend. If this happens to frequently then me as a Tank Commander i would searching for someone else, who knows his job.

It is not so bad, i will make the job of both, Commander and Driver.

Its only some information.

About Kursk. i cant wait and leave this battlefield behind me. ZW showed us what will be and this is very fantastic. I read his article three or four times with artillery, soldier outfit, some pix with a Tiger II and what he mentioned. My Tigers are ready for this big challenge.

Lets show them our teeth .

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 03:38 AM   #62
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default AI

Lc the AI in T vsT is unfortunately very subpar you see it whether when tanks whirl about showing their rear end to enemy fire, waiting still while they are being picked off one by one, or shooting over and over gain into dead tanks. Hopefully this can be improved but it's going to be hard work for ZW.Mind you lots of games report similar problems.

like you I cannot wait for other tanks and avdentures to experience.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
about shifting gear, yes you are right, but its not me who is shifting and stalling the engine, its the AI driver.

If this happens to me , its my fault i should be little bit slower but a AI DRIVER who is drilled and learned to drive this should not be happend. If this happens to frequently then me as a Tank Commander i would searching for someone else, who knows his job.

It is not so bad, i will make the job of both, Commander and Driver.

Its only some information.

About Kursk. i cant wait and leave this battlefield behind me. ZW showed us what will be and this is very fantastic. I read his article three or four times with artillery, soldier outfit, some pix with a Tiger II and what he mentioned. My Tigers are ready for this big challenge.

Lets show them our teeth .

LC
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 03:51 AM   #63
LcSummers
XO

Default AI

Yes, AI was very poor programmed from original team. Never mind. I will look forward too ZWs new campaign.

BTW, his last update runs fine, did you found some bugs except from the old ones?

Do you know his steps? What wants he do or what have we to do for this and next weekend?

What about the other members. I knew from ZW that i am his 15th member. (very proud)
How many members are we now? Hope this will be a fine community. In my oppinion when Kursk will be released, more members will join us.

Just one question. How can i call that SdKfz 251 to repair my track which was blown of by a hit?

cheers

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 02-06-10 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-06-10, 07:44 AM   #64
LcSummers
XO

Default HI ZW

some questions for me/us belonging future.

thought about your project. Its a little bit unclear for me now what will/might be in the future. Therefore i post some questions if you dont mind.

What after 1 year membership? Will we be forgotten? (members)
Or do you think in 1 year all bugs are cleared, so there is no need for membership again?

Is it maybe possibility to renew membership?

You and i know some of us would see some tanks which were not available at the Kursk operation. (Tiger II, Jagdpanther, Panther G Late version, Sherman Firefly etc...)

Maybe, if everything works fine and you have plenty time is there any possibility to get those tanks? (for some more bucks or ....)

I know these are many question, maybe answerable or not.

Want to see a little bit into the future if possible.

Hope these questions doesnt went too far in matter of harming you.

Thank you very much for your patience

regards

LC
Old 02-06-10, 09:42 AM   #65
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Future plans

Lc I am unable to play the lates fixed release as I seem to have an email problem.ZW īs emails are not going through I have no idea if Yahooīs the problem.ZW and I are trying to find a solution so I can download that blessed last version.

Donīt be afraid to ask questions.Re what happens one year from now I already asked the question and right now ZW does not know.Itīs too early for him to say which is understandable.Heīs got to think about it but he wants to focus on the work ahead and the Kursk release.I know the Kursk release will offer his new enlarged maps 18 sqkm and new tanks and new mods-missions.I īlllet him give you more details.

Iam sure most of the bugs will be fixed in the next few months but with computers and gamnes there are always some new ones that pop up itīs always work in progress but if there s man who can fix what cannot be fixed itīs ZW!He s Godīs gift to tank simmers....

Cheers
Old 02-06-10, 09:45 AM   #66
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default 26 members

LC , last I heard from him on Monday there were 26 members .I am number 5. A very select club indeed.

If my memory is correct itīs the b button to relaod and or repair.Itīs in one of the threads but I canīt rember which one.

ZW can you confirm?

Last edited by frinik; 02-06-10 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-06-10, 11:56 AM   #67
LcSummers
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
LC , last I heard from him on Monday there were 26 members .I am number 5. A very select club indeed.

If my memory is correct itīs the b button to relaod and or repair.Itīs in one of the threads but I canīt rember which one.

ZW can you confirm?

frinik thanks to your help. Will try that "b" button. I find it the correct way to help and "improve" each other.

Can i help you or Zw with your download problem?

Is it possible that your firewall generates problems?

What kind of problem? connection, "only" download problems?

Please be so kind (if you want my help) and ask ZW if i can help you!

Let me know if i can help, it would be a pleasure.

Hope to solve your problem, so you can download ZWs update.

Good luck

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 02-06-10 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-06-10, 01:40 PM   #68
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Clueless!

LC I have no clue what the problem is.I havenīt changed firewall or anything.I get emails form other people no problems reported.

I am not the only one with that problem apparently since ZW has started a separate thread about that problem.

Thanks for your kind offer.

Iīll see if Zw can find some way of resolving that issue.

Cheers

Frinik
Old 02-07-10, 01:23 AM   #69
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Fix Report! Mission Accomplished( no I am not GW)

Dear Fellow ZW Members;

Thanks to the perseverance of the ZugMeister himself I was finally able to download and play the B2 release with all the bugs fixed.I am very, very happy with it and pleased to report the following:

Report:

1) Map issue = FIXED!

2) KV issue solved(almost ) I'll come back to that

3) Ballistics = MUCH IMPROVED

4) X Ray Eyes = MUCH,MUCH IMPROVED

5) Tiger = much more resistant

6) AI behaviour again IMPROVED

7) Panzer IIII turrets colour = FIXED!

8) Tank Names not shown on screen = FIXED!

BRAVO ZUG MEISTER OUTSTANDING WORK!

Minor bugs report:

1)Kvs even though they smoke and die they would still track the convoy with their gun .It ' s eerie! And no damage effects are visible,they should be if not charred at least singed but no they just show shell impacts.

2) Eager beaver wingmen that just take coffee breaks.My 2 Tiger wingmen rush into battle taking out everything and when I need them on the seocnd leg of the battle facing 6 tanks and 3 AT guns just by myself they just sit happily and only move forward when I am pounded to death.I played the mission and died after 66 shell impacts , driver killed both kette kaputt but I killed 4 of the 6 tanks and 1 of 3 AT guns.An epic duel where I could have used my tea-sipping chums!

Thanks to you ZW it' s a brand new mission and I can' t wait to replay it.

Kudos!

Regards

Frinik
Old 02-07-10, 02:00 AM   #70
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

That is fantastic frinic,
I have to give you a tip:

1.) Stay up with the other Tigers as best you can. Do not pass them until
the KVs and the first gun is taken out. Then take out the last gun in the vally as fast as you can. The Gun and the T34-76 hit the Tigers mercilessly until they are zapped.
2.Make sure to take out at lest one of the halftracks that is first encounter
by the Tigers. This helps them to focus on the KVs and the advancing T34s.
The valley must be secured as fast as possible then there will be two t34-76 that start their advance. Move to the mouth of the valley just short of the open terrain and zap them. Then the Tigers will advance if not already.
3.) In your attack through the valley stay moving, after the last Gun move
to the end of the valley at at least 24 kph plus. There is a depression in the
land there that will completely hide you. take full advantage of it

Cheers
ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 03:01 AM   #71
LcSummers
XO

Default Fix Report!

Frinik you wrote

1) Map issue = FIXED!

When i am playing the first mission Tigers shake .... (as i wrote) i have less detail. Road is missing.

The last mission was as following:

I helped my two Tigerwingmen to destroy the Halftracks, T-34 and KV 85. Then both of them stopped sit happily looking into outer space.

So i decided to let them watch and keep an eye on that valley i have to help those Panzer IV.
They are tougher as they supported me. Slowly i went on, the route for the Panzer IV i followed, the P IV were moving to that valley and destroyed mainly "the whole russian army" out there. Followed the road to that lonely house, mission finnished without a scratch.

The way that you discribed, this was my first way with all those problems you mentioned. So i decided to help those P IV as mentioned above.

cheers

LC

PS: I am very happy that both of you solved that download problems. Now we can go/move on with our reports.
Old 02-07-10, 03:43 AM   #72
frinik
Grey Wolf

Lc I was of course talking about the fixes for the last ZW-made 6th mission.I haven' t replayed the Tiger Shake Kurtenki mission but I" ll do it and report.

Thanks for the tips Lc and ZW I" ll change tactics and try you respective strategies.

Onward to Kurk!

Cheers
Old 02-07-10, 06:58 AM   #73
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default No Map Problem

Lc I played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki mission and did not experience any problems with the map.No loss of data or anything else.Everything went fine except that I got careless and a well-concealed SU85 killed my driver halfway through the mission.My wingmen decided to take a break and left me after taking out a couple of T34s and APCs...

You didnīt have that problem before downloading the latest fixed version?

What about the other ZW members?Hey guys letīs hear it from you.ZW needs to have some feedback even if itīs to say everything's running fine and dandy!
Old 02-07-10, 07:33 AM   #74
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Am I getting a bit behind here?
Version 2B?
When I run the game I get V2.0 come up,although the zip file says 2B.

Confused Chucky.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 07:58 AM   #75
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Just played the 1st German mission.I never made it to the guns,guess I need to practice more.
Apart from the half-track getting stuck in wrecked T34's I never saw any problems.

I will be honest here,I don't play this as much as I should,hence my infrequent feedback.I have many games to get through,and having just discovered the joys of retro-gaming (M1 Tank Platoon in particular) spreading my time out between them all is difficult.

I have Monday off work,I am determined to get to those damn guns,no matter what

Last edited by Chucky; 02-07-10 at 08:09 AM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote