Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 08-20-08, 02:40 PM   #61
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

Are there any new offline campain or single missions available ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 02:42 PM   #62
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Sure there are, and they don't require any mods or anything fancy. Start here: http://mission4today.com
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 03:07 PM   #63
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
Sure there are, and they don't require any mods or anything fancy. Start here: http://mission4today.com

THX

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 01:03 PM   #64
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 0

I'm having a hell of a time getting any of these things to work. The one time I did get them to work everything was in Russian. I found what was supposed to be the fix, but either I did something wrong or it just didn't work. I ended up wiping everything.

The only thing I can get to work is the new aircraft that come with the Sound Mod. Not even the sounds work.
Old 08-21-08, 01:55 PM   #65
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Charlie
I'm having a hell of a time getting any of these things to work. The one time I did get them to work everything was in Russian. I found what was supposed to be the fix, but either I did something wrong or it just didn't work. I ended up wiping everything.

The only thing I can get to work is the new aircraft that come with the Sound Mod. Not even the sounds work.
You're definitly doing something wrong.

As for the sounds, try altering the sound settings, that's usually the case with non-working sounds.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 02:23 PM   #66
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

I mean that I have sounds, but they just seem like the same old pea shooters and prolonged engine fart. Hmmm...

I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process again. It's kind of a pain, but I must have these!
Old 08-21-08, 02:26 PM   #67
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Just follow the instructions to the point, I did a clean soundmod install the other day and had no problems.
Old 08-21-08, 08:51 PM   #68
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
I mean that I have sounds, but they just seem like the same old pea shooters and prolonged engine fart. Hmmm...

I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process again. It's kind of a pain, but I must have these!
Well did you download all of the needed programs that you have to use to get the sound mod to work? If you did download the Mod Activator and install it. Then reinstall the sound mod and all of the other parts and reinstall the mod activator. Or look in your IL-2 file and find the IL-2FB.exe file and make sure the shortcut on your desktop is using that. If not open the properties for the shortcut and type in IL2fb.exe and then try it. If it works in the lower right of the splash screen it should read 4.08m Mods Enabled. Trust me Charlie I went through most of the same problems. If this won't fix it go to the site where the sound mod is and ask for help there.
Old 08-21-08, 09:27 PM   #69
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg
Quote:

Well did you download all of the needed programs that you have to use to get the sound mod to work? If you did download the Mod Activator and install it. Then reinstall the sound mod and all of the other parts and reinstall the mod activator. Or look in your IL-2 file and find the IL-2FB.exe file and make sure the shortcut on your desktop is using that. If not open the properties for the shortcut and type in IL2fb.exe and then try it. If it works in the lower right of the splash screen it should read 4.08m Mods Enabled. Trust me Charlie I went through most of the same problems. If this won't fix it go to the site where the sound mod is and ask for help there.
Oh, I didn't even know it was supposed to say something next to the version number. That's a big help. The executable file might actually be the reason now that I think about it. I changed it for IL-2 Mat Manager.
Old 08-22-08, 12:22 AM   #70
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Just glad I can help. The biggest problem is that none of these mods really have any sort of readme files. That and they seem to be plagued with problems because of this. Maybe we should start to release are own mods here?
Old 08-23-08, 12:10 AM   #71
Dowly
Lucky Jack

!!BIG NEWS!!

DrJones, from the Theatre of War community has helped the IL2 community to finish off another very great tool! The 3D converter!! AFAIK, before, the making of a new plane was pretty much done by editing the .him file in notepad, as there was nothing to convert it to a format that could be read by any 3D programs. I think we'll going to see alot of new planes/ground stuff coming up!
Old 08-23-08, 07:18 AM   #72
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

good news indeed

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 07:20 AM   #73
Dowly
Lucky Jack

I see some exciting stuff happening soon. Few ppl have started modelling new cockpits from scratch and this tool might help them to actually put them in-game. :hmm:

Oh and much easier for screentshot artists to do their thing with high resolution renders, instead of needing to cut the plane out of an screenshot.
Old 08-23-08, 05:06 PM   #74
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I hear rumour that a Lancaster is in the works.

I have downloaded the exporter but I need to reinstall 3ds MAX. Thing is a single aircraft is made of about 30 odd meshes. Can't find one that is a whole complete model.
Old 08-23-08, 05:16 PM   #75
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I would like to see a Do 217

Might have to get better at modelling