Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-17, 06:03 AM   #1
Schmitty89
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Couple questions from a greenhorn on WoS

So I finally decided to re install SH5 after years of neglect and check out Wolves of steel, WOW! just WOW amazing work from everybody invloved. Anyways my two questions are...

1. After "locking" on to an enemy boat the XO tab comes up where you can enter all your data set mast height ect, every time a wave comes by it removes the tab and resets everything. My understanding this was done on purpose? Is there anyway to remove that for now? I understand its suppose to be realistic but for a new player its frustrating.

2. The para scope automatically retracts when ever you leave the station, anyway to disable that as well?

I remember reading something out changing true false valuers in the TDW patcher but I do not see any for these specific problems. Cheers!
Schmitty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 06:21 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitty89 View Post
So I finally decided to re install SH5 after years of neglect and check out Wolves of steel, WOW! just WOW amazing work from everybody invloved. Anyways my two questions are...

1. After "locking" on to an enemy boat the XO tab comes up where you can enter all your data set mast height ect, every time a wave comes by it removes the tab and resets everything. My understanding this was done on purpose? Is there anyway to remove that for now? I understand its suppose to be realistic but for a new player its frustrating.
Welcome Schmitty89!
That's why we now have full TDC dials available in your attack scope...I recommend you to use them and also watch some YT tutorials, you'll find plenty of them for TWoS...By the way, your mast height is still "in the system" even after your XO dialog window resets...

Quote:
2. The para scope automatically retracts when ever you leave the station, anyway to disable that as well?

I remember reading something out changing true false valuers in the TDW patcher but I do not see any for these specific problems. Cheers!
You can set that (together with much more options) using Option File Editor/Viewer, not generic patcher...Check some TWoS documentation.
Cheers!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 06:25 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Schmitty89
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 06:42 AM   #4
Schmitty89
Swabbie

Ah thank you for the quick response and welcome, I knew there was a parascope option but i was in the wrong place :p. I have been binge watching manual TDC "plotting/targeting". I have not hit anything yet, I think my range is to far at 4000 - 3500m. Allot of them seem to have bits and pieces to the puzzle that I supplement with the pdf manuals, and there own way of doing things but I am still warping my head around it. Especially the attack disk, I haven't even started on the RAOBF. I am coming from years dedicated to flying and aircraft sims but this is a whole other beast, I love a challenge!
Old 05-28-17, 09:27 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Schmitty89!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-17, 12:39 PM   #6
Schmitty89
Swabbie

Thank you for the warm welcome